AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 9 23.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 21.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 26.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 18.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-06, 09:00   Link #61
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I think he was also referring to the USS Pueblo incident, though I might be wrong on that - assuming that Nam still took place in this timeline (can't remember if it did or didn't).
How did that tie in, though, with the strategy of intentional victimization? (Were there allegations that America had deliberately sent the Pueblo to be captured so they could then claim that they were the injured party? Other than debate over whether they were or weren't in international waters, I didn't see a mention of that in the article...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You do know that Tarisa didn't go with VG and Stella right? Those two went alone, Tarisa remained with the main group hence why she muttered that those two better not die.

Since she's with Yuuya it gives her the same amount of surviving chances as the other harem girls other than Yui who wont die due to being the Final Victor and other True Main Character.
I knew only two of them went, but I didn't notice which two it was. Though...if the Infinities come flying out of the blue, there's a possibility that poor Chobi gets sniped right at the beginning of the fight, getting redshirted to let us know that crap is getting real now, getting Yuuya all fired up to fight the Infinities, etc. (On the other hand, if the Infinities are fighting Inia and everyone else dives in, she's got a chance of living if Cryska and Inia can get together...but if the good guys have an edge, either Tarisa or Lt. Cui is not in good shape.)
Old 2012-12-06, 10:19   Link #62
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
How did that tie in, though, with the strategy of intentional victimization? (Were there allegations that America had deliberately sent the Pueblo to be captured so they could then claim that they were the injured party? Other than debate over whether they were or weren't in international waters, I didn't see a mention of that in the article...)
I think Wild Goose may be confusing the Pueblo Incident with the Gulf of Tonkin Incident that was used as justification for escalating the Vietnam War.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:23   Link #63
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I think Wild Goose may be confusing the Pueblo Incident with the Gulf of Tonkin Incident that was used as justification for escalating the Vietnam War.
Ahh, that makes more sense and fits the point quite nicely.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:43   Link #64
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Ahh, that makes more sense and fits the point quite nicely.
Yeah, I definitely got both events mixed up. *facepalm*

In my defence, I've been reading Strikers '89 Quest and looking at Ogitsune's Gulf War Strike Witches 1991 in prep for resurrecting an old RP as a SW fanfic And looping that awesome rendition of Katyusha.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-06, 12:49   Link #65
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Lol..its ALWAYS America. I swear I can't count the number of times in anime America turned out to be the super duper evil backstabbing prick that the righteous japanese heroes have to defeat. I know almost every country can have its Xenophobic tendencies, but I can't think of a country who blatantly puts it out there as strong as Japan does.
well i cant blame them, america did wipe two of their cities off the map, yes i know japan was the bad guy in world war2 but still its a bit overboard
Old 2012-12-06, 13:11   Link #66
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Point. Still, had the A-bombs not been deployed, a US invasion of Japan would have seen horrific casualties on both sides.

What a lot of people forget, however, is that more people died in the firebombing of Tokyo than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. It's just that death by fire seems more mundane, compared to death via nuke.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-06, 18:36   Link #67
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Point. Still, had the A-bombs not been deployed, a US invasion of Japan would have seen horrific casualties on both sides.

What a lot of people forget, however, is that more people died in the firebombing of Tokyo than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. It's just that death by fire seems more mundane, compared to death via nuke.
One could even interpret the A-Bomb as a clean approach considering what WWII was like with Japanese invasion on Nanking. (Raping the townsfolks, cutting heads as trophies, and bayonette practices)
Old 2012-12-06, 21:47   Link #68
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Hmm.. long term effects, anyone? Don't see how an A-bomb could be interpreted as clean from any angle. Just putting that out there.

Anyways. I just hope they stay away from Chobi. She's still my favourite, and I hate when underdeveloped favourites die
It's all "nooo, not only did you not play a very big role and we know almost nothing about you, but you also got killed off! ;_;"
To be honest, I'd rather one of the main cast died. Makes a show like this that much more credible, and as I understand the franchise isn't scared of doing just that.
Except, it's unlikely to happen here... for better or worse.
Old 2012-12-07, 01:08   Link #69
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

If it were Kouki Directing this, I would say with 110% certainty there will be main characters death...

Since its the other two harem directors doing this, its likely to end up as a circus.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-07, 03:26   Link #70
Destined_Fate

If Chobi was redshirted she would have died with Natalie not getting saved by Cui and Yuuya and being assigned to the main team where everyone has some degree of plot armor.
Old 2012-12-07, 09:10   Link #71
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Any preview pics?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-07, 11:43   Link #72
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I can so totally tell what's going on? XD
Old 2012-12-07, 12:04   Link #73
Destined_Fate

Yeah, I bet that one evil girl dies.

Which one?

The one in the nice outfit.

Which nice outfit?

Well that's a matter of opinion.
Old 2012-12-07, 12:51   Link #74
Bombo
TSF Fans

I remember reading someone post about the last 4 episodes titles ...I'm only care for last two episode !!!!
Old 2012-12-07, 20:46   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Cui party member get

Can't wait to see her fight
Old 2012-12-23, 11:33   Link #76
Ray
Garnet

At first, I was sure that Sandek was somehow behind this attack. I guess it's nice to have a guy like him on your side. Now, all we need is to get the raptors to attack the RLF..
Closed Thread