Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-17, 10:47   Link #201
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
One Piece is licensed so get over it and watch Naruto or something.
HAHAHAHA. Wouldn't that be taking a step down in quality? OP p0wnz Naruto any day of the week, month, year, century, and millenium. I've perty much given up on Naruto because it's starting to sound WAY too much like DBZ now.
Old 2004-06-17, 12:28   Link #202
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

YES!

I love Chopper! ... It's quite the cute in the lil raindeer form. A little too cute? Dangerously cute? *buys license to Chopper to take over Japan*
Old 2004-06-17, 19:36   Link #203
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
HAHAHAHA. Wouldn't that be taking a step down in quality? OP p0wnz Naruto any day of the week, month, year, century, and millenium. I've perty much given up on Naruto because it's starting to sound WAY too much like DBZ now.
I agree and its story quality is going down a bit...sigh Naruto had so much potential during the Zabuza arc...
Old 2004-06-17, 20:33   Link #204
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The outcry of the horrible news of OP being licensed by 4kids has been reached as far as the war ravaged nations such as Iraq. Here in the following are the proofs submitted in the IRC..
Spoiler:

Proof 2: This is a bit late news but it takes time to reach it all the way in Iraq
Spoiler:

3rd Proofs: They are a compilation of international news subbed in English. Very horrible stuff. Not recemmended for the faint hearted.

News 1

News 2

On an end note, one just almost glad that OP is licensed (and no less than 4kids ) when fans of certain series only can enjoy a show by making comparison and degradation with another.
Old 2004-06-17, 20:44   Link #205
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

HAHAHA!! The Iraqi poster generator!! That thing is a classic.
Old 2004-06-19, 05:38   Link #206
Sbetsho

Noo!!! Very Nooooo!!
Old 2004-06-19, 13:02   Link #207
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I thought those fake news reports were pretty funny...
Old 2004-06-19, 14:34   Link #208
Monkey

Angry Hmmm....

I.. i'm kinda speechless right now. I agree with everyone about One Piece being licensed by 4Kids... That's just wrong. One Piece is a good show, and with the amount of violence and blood shed that the show carries, and all the bad language that it has... what WILL 4Kids do with that?

Shaman King was horribly dubbed... i saw one episode of it, and i could'nt even stand watching it for more than 5 minutes. The way it was worded/dubbed changed the entire story. Like a lot of you have said, you cannot make a non-kids show for kids by editing out everything that symoblize SOMETHING in the story into nothing. That's just BS.

And i think that the Japanese company who allowed this to proceed has no idea how much their anime show will be cut and ruined. That's.. just.. wow.. that's just wrong. That's it. Just wrong.
Old 2004-06-19, 16:07   Link #209
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, basically I could careless. Because 4Kids will tear One Piece up to shreads. Though I'm seriously disappointed that they would go this low. Because here, I was thinking that either Bandai or VIZ would get OP and not 4Kids.

Last edited by Kouji; 2004-06-19 at 22:08.
Old 2004-06-19, 16:15   Link #210
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
And i think that the Japanese company who allowed this to proceed has no idea how much their anime show will be cut and ruined. That's.. just.. wow.. that's just wrong. That's it. Just wrong.
Uh...no. The purpose of the distributor is to get the anime "out" and more popular. They only care about the money. But if the company they give the license to doesn't make enough money, they take it off the air, or give it to another company. As long as they're making ample money to keep them sastisfied, it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
It's just better reading the U.S Shonen Jump magazine/graphic novel version. Which, not to mention that 4Kids just jumped in not knowing what they would get themselves into. Let alone that they would heavily edit, chop, scrutinize (call it what you want), not to mention kill off the fans that enjoyed watching the original One Piece anime (edited out).
Um, what kinda company doesn't know how much editing they're going to be doing? They're going to have it out by this fall, so they're sure how much "editing,chopping, and scrutinizing" they're going to be doing. They somewhat care about the fans, but as I've said before, their main priority is money..And you better edit that post because it's gonna be deleted. The series is licensed, baka.
Old 2004-06-19, 19:26   Link #211
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Kyouji the last guy got banned for mentioning CENSORED....

Anywayz....personally I don't think 4Kids care about the fans that were created from watching fansubs since their target audience is a much younger American group. Seriously, if they expected to have older people watch their dubs, then they wouldn't have had it air on Fox Box...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-06-21 at 02:26. Reason: WTF was he thinking anyway? He said something as an example of what not to mention. ^_^
Old 2004-06-19, 22:11   Link #212
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I edited my post. But then again, there were some other anime dub companies that picked up these kind of shows (and they were also kid friendly as well). Like with Bandai's SD Gundam Force or their other dueling anime; Dragon Drive (which I suddenly found interest in).
Old 2004-06-20, 19:50   Link #213
syntex
Error 641

Bottom Line is
One Piece (japanese - subbed) = Best Anime

One Piece (dubbed by 4kids) = Best Anime 4 kids 6yr old kids who wana look
at Nami's ass

I rest my case - now I must go watch some other good anime b4 they get ruined by 4kids
Old 2004-06-20, 20:44   Link #214
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntex
Bottom Line is
One Piece (japanese - subbed) = Best Anime

One Piece (dubbed by 4kids) = Best Anime 4 kids 6yr old kids who wana look
at Nami's ass

I rest my case - now I must go watch some other good anime b4 they get ruined by 4kids
I doubt they even interested in girls at that age....

Just for the record:

One Piece + (K-F) = Anime Haven
One Piece - (K-F) + Sanji's Lollypop + 4Kids Entertainment Logo = Satan
Old 2004-06-25, 21:59   Link #215
Kouji
StrykerX

About OP. Did anyone noticed that the narrator sounds a lot like Yami Yugi's VA?
Old 2004-07-06, 19:18   Link #216
Mikesmaf

Send a message via AIM to Mikesmaf Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmaf
One Piece is a great anime...............sad to see them liscense it..
Old 2004-07-08, 20:38   Link #217
trick

I hope they screw it up so bad even little kids wont like it and they lose money because they make the same mistake of butchering over and over and eventually go bankrupt...unless of course...they see the light...
Old 2004-07-08, 21:33   Link #218
Kouji
StrykerX

That's doubtful. But to us fans. It would seem as if we're giving them the big fat "F" (as in failure) for this anime. Also it's just like I said, they're like a train wreck (or derail) waiting to happen.
Old 2004-07-13, 16:34   Link #219
lordbyronius

Send a message via AIM to lordbyronius Send a message via Yahoo to lordbyronius
This thread is, just, wow. I mean, WOW.

I could, perhaps, tell you all about how ONE PIECE IS A KID'S SHOW IN JAPAN AS WELL, ENJOYED BY 6 YEAR OLDS THE WORLD OVER, or how I've been huddling my little brother and his other grade-school-age friends near the PC monitor to watch One Piece since I first got into the fansubs around two years ago, but...

...No, no. You've already made up your minds that 4Kids is an evil, EVIL COMPANY that wants to do nothing more than eat your firstborn children and kick your puppies. Even though their English-dubbed opening is just a slightly cheesier rendition of the EXACT SAME cheesy Japanese song. And that uncut, subtitled DVDs are practically a guarantee at this point. And that you could probably, JUST MAYBE, avoid watching the Saturday Morning version and just watch those DVDs instead.

I spoke with a 4Kids PR guy a while ago, since I was writing up a piece on their uncut Shaman King and YuGiOh DVDs for an anime rag. They wouldn't let me print anything about OP, since their main priority at this point is just getting the show on TV, but they did drop a few hints. All I can (and should, probably) say is that Spring 2005 should be a good season.
Old 2004-07-13, 19:49   Link #220
SassyRobot

Here, here, lordbyronius!

Many of these posts are getting tiresome...it is nice to see that there are still some with a more realistic view on things...
Closed Thread