AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 08:46   Link #1001
tritoch

Just got around to watching 47.. Finding the raws was no easy feat as most of them were already dead.

Spoiler for :

Highlights of the series: Aya Hirano as Reira. Reira stole the spot for my fave character in Nana. She's just so lovable and annoying at the same time and I hope manga-wise She and Shin can be together forever. I haven't read the latest part of the manga yet though.

Last edited by tritoch; 2007-04-20 at 08:58.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:54   Link #1002
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Spoiler for ep38:
I saw it coming like a train wreck, and it drove me nuts!

Just finished EP 39, and I'll watch it again, but this time with a fresh box of tissues. I'm down to about only 8-10 series now. It's so great and yet, I know it will be one that I'll so dearly miss when it's over.

No doubt this would be a series I'd would be able to buy here, well I watch them any ways on "subs" but when I watch with my mom she can't read that small print, so I'll watch with dubs then. I'd love to Buy NANA for her.... However, I doubt this will ever happen, seeing as I'm still waiting for Honey & Clovers, I'd also love Nodame Cantabile, just because it's not giggly booobs or have giant robots in them, but their are plenty of Ippo's for mom. It's funny how me and my mom both watch our anime(s) each day to wind down and relax and well, let's just say, most people know my youngest is 18 now.

If there is a 5 star rating this series has it. To me, there's a huge difference between teenager EMO angst and real life mature "slice of life" reality EMO.

Great job and I thank everyone who makes it possible for me to watch NANA! It doesn't get any better than this.

*runs off to find bucket for drool*... and more tissues!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 18:57   Link #1003
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

Spoiler for Episode 39:

I think Nana is heading strong for pretty much the best anime I have seen to date, even when competing with those of a similar genre.
Arkzein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 19:32   Link #1004
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just want to thank the people who have been posting recently. I've watched the series to the end in raws and Chinese subs and it's just great to have a chance to experience the greatness of these episodes again, through you. This show is just so much stronger than almost anything else, emotionally and in the characters and their stories.

I have to say that I most admire Paku Romi's work in this show, but like tritoch, Hirano Aya's Layla moves me almost every time she speaks. She doesn't have the naturalism that Paku-san has, but she has such penetrating emotion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:57   Link #1005
0blui

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder View Post
Hai, but she should care as a friend, as even Nana O has to know, Hachi choose this "life" for the benefit of others she loves. The baby and the love of her life. She even knows NOW that's she's messed up and knows her chance of true happiness is shot, she's just trying to keep the damage to a minimum in her mind, choosing a good life for her baby, and not ruining the chances of her past young lover.

I still think she should of told him she loved him instead of Takumi, if for no other reason just so he would truly know. .... it's so true to life and sad, but also riveting!
Actually, Hachi didn't choose Takumi for the sake of her baby or Nobu; I don't remember if this was in the anime (especially since for the past 10-ish episodes there were no English subs), but she said several times in the manga that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachi
'I chose Takumi because he was the only one to take care of me. That's all.'
Although she tried to convince herself it was for the baby or for Nobu's sake, eventually she admits to herself that that was the reason. It seems selfish, but try to take it from her point of view and sympathize; its human. And after all, like Takumi said (vol. 9, ch. 29, p. 39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi
'The only person people love in the end is themselves. That's why you choose to love the person who can please you the most.'
Also, he understood her bad side and still supported her, while Nobu idealized her as a pure, innocent girl.

Last edited by 0blui; 2007-04-29 at 19:28.
0blui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 08:56   Link #1006
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavenz View Post
sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the song at the beginning of episode 18?
Quote:
no i didn't mean the OP song. i was referring to the song played during the beginning of the episode, where Reira was singing.

to be more specific, the song AFTER the OP. roughly 3min+ into the episode.
after 5 months i found the song i was looking for! the title of the song is Recorded Butterflies. OLIVIA sung it in one of her live performance. no single is released for this song atm though
Chavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 16:00   Link #1007
katsumi
ghostly member

Quote:
after 5 months i found the song i was looking for! the title of the song is Recorded Butterflies. OLIVIA sung it in one of her live performance. no single is released for this song atm though
There doesn't seem to be a single, but it (actually the live version) is featured on the "Nana Best" album
Old 2007-04-24, 17:31   Link #1008
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So glad Nana is back I had my self a marathon of episodes 37-39 and things are finally moving into some of my favorite parts of the show. Reading the manga i have high hopes for certain aspects of the show. I must say that 39 captured the beginning of the spiral quite well. Nana O's comment to the press was done perfectly. Of course saying Hachiko left them all dazed and confused but it was priceless. Yasu once again shows why he is the man and why he is able to handle seemingly almost any situation with minimal effort. Also the fact that no matter what he does everyone thinks he cool is a riot. Including Reira and Noaki which seemingly gave Takumi a headache.

Now the situation between Hachi and Takumi. As much as i hate Takumi at this point in time in the anime. he words to Hachi made sense but she was too angry to realize it and it took Jun and Kyouska to make her see reason. (Btw Jun and her man in matching chinese PJs excellent ) Jun reaction to her was too funny as well with the smooth PASS just comfort her say anything LOL. It obvious that Hachi does love Takumi and Takumi does love Hachi in his own cold hearted bastard way. She was just trying rationalize everything which is understandable. Im sure if the translation was right but in the cab she said she thought she loved Nobu, im not sure but thats not what was said in the manga oh well. Hachi saying something was wrong with Takumi as a human being was quite cruel but his reaction was equally cruel. In that situation I think they were both wrong and at this point they are both still very selfish.

I hope the episodes keep rolling out so we can get ready for season 2, and its nice to see the thread alive again. Happy Nanaing everyone
Old 2007-04-25, 11:46   Link #1009
mizuhansha

Ureshi subbing sound file

After I download an episode of Nana, I usually burn it to a DVD RW and watch it on television, but with the last 2 episodes(38 and 39) the sound doesn't play. These are Ureshi subs, so that's obviously the difference, but when I look at the file properties the audio is the same(MPEG layer 3) as the IFY subs, for which the audio worked. The sound works on the Ureshi files when I play them on my computer, just not on the DVD player. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?
mizuhansha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 16:50   Link #1010
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Does anyone have any info on the Nana OST the one with Ren's music on it? I have been dying to have that song for months now
Old 2007-04-26, 11:39   Link #1011
msamurai

nana 40-47?

does anyone know when there will be releases for nana episode 40 and on?

thanks
msamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 16:04   Link #1012
katsumi
ghostly member

After a rather long abstinence from NANA I watched #38 (and still downloading #39 *-*) and it was yet another wonderful, but somewhat heartwrenching episode. Things really are moving now and I can't wait for ep. 39, the ending scene of 38 with the TV-show and everybody going WTH felt really cliffhangery to me. It was like "no, don't end now!! where's the next ep....oh, right, still downloading ...."
Somehow I'm glad I know the manga and the road this takes, else I would need lots more tissues. Even so Nana never fails to draw me in emotionally. The double miss of the two Nanas and the paparazzi scene left me with a rather hollow feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Does anyone have any info on the Nana OST the one with Ren's music on it? I have been dying to have that song for months now
I am not sure if I got the right song, because I can't remember too well that piece of music from the anime (yes, shame on me ). But could it be you mean "winter sleep"? It's the only new song I know about and its on the best album I mentioned before (also, this being the latest Nana related release I know).

A thumbs up and big thank you to the subbers for bringing Nana near to us
Old 2007-04-27, 13:07   Link #1013
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hirano Aya has some photos from the NANA cast wrap-up party on her blog. I've made my own blog post showing them and talking about Aya and how much I love her work as Layla.

She says she hopes there will be a second season, so I guess she has inside info that it is being considered. And why wouldn't it be?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:22   Link #1014
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
After a rather long abstinence from NANA I watched #38 (and still downloading #39 *-*) and it was yet another wonderful, but somewhat heartwrenching episode. Things really are moving now and I can't wait for ep. 39, the ending scene of 38 with the TV-show and everybody going WTH felt really cliffhangery to me. It was like "no, don't end now!! where's the next ep....oh, right, still downloading ...."
Somehow I'm glad I know the manga and the road this takes, else I would need lots more tissues. Even so Nana never fails to draw me in emotionally. The double miss of the two Nanas and the paparazzi scene left me with a rather hollow feeling.

I am not sure if I got the right song, because I can't remember too well that piece of music from the anime (yes, shame on me ). But could it be you mean "winter sleep"? It's the only new song I know about and its on the best album I mentioned before (also, this being the latest Nana related release I know).

A thumbs up and big thank you to the subbers for bringing Nana near to us
That might be it i think I will go search for it. Its one of the most beautiful instrumental pieces i have heard in a long time. Im a big instrumental fan for music and Nana does such a great job with its picks its hard not to like it
Old 2007-04-27, 23:30   Link #1015
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

which episode was the one that had Ren's music?

and i preferred Recorded Butterflies. loved it since the first time i heard it on episode 18
Chavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 19:05   Link #1016
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamurai View Post
does anyone know when there will be releases for nana episode 40 and on?

thanks
Our TLCer/editor and timer/typesetter were both busy last week and they will be free on Tuesday-Wed so they promised to get you 40 by the weekend and maybe 41 if ch0bittsu hit them with that before then
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 14:48   Link #1017
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
which episode was the one that had Ren's music?

and i preferred Recorded Butterflies. loved it since the first time i heard it on episode 18
The first time we heard it in the anime was when Reira had to add lyrics to a piece composed by Ren and she was unsure of her self. Shin decided to help her out the music was so pretty that Reira said she would ruin the song with her petty disillusions of love. After that it pretty has played in every episode that came afterward.
Old 2007-05-01, 00:08   Link #1018
ch0bittsu
Translating maniac

You mean the one about the red thread right? I believe it's 09. OLIVIA inspi' Reira (TRAPNEST) - Sound of Love. Here's the album it's on if you're interested.

yay mininova
ch0bittsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 17:03   Link #1019
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0bittsu View Post
You mean the one about the red thread right? I believe it's 09. OLIVIA inspi' Reira (TRAPNEST) - Sound of Love. Here's the album it's on if you're interested.

yay mininova
First i want to thank Katsumi for reminding about the Nana Best Album i cant believe that i actually forgot about it. As for the song i have been dying for it was on the Best album its Shadow of Love by OLIVIA I freakin love this song. I even found sheet music for the piano part and having been practicing it, the mix of piano, guitar, violin and percussion is is great. I dont think i need to mention how beautiful Winter Sleep is it is just a gorgeous song. Chbittsu thanks for the mention I love the song you mentioned also.

Nana has got to have some of the best music i have ever heard in a anime. They manage to use the right music at perfect moment in the series and each song is appopriate for each scene its used in.

Heres a live with both Anna and Olivia preforming songs from the album cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJTtXzXyzs

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-05-01 at 17:53.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 04:07   Link #1020
katsumi
ghostly member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
First i want to thank Katsumi for reminding about the Nana Best Album i cant believe that i actually forgot about it. As for the song i have been dying for it was on the Best album its Shadow of Love by OLIVIA I freakin love this song. I even found sheet music for the piano part and having been practicing it, the mix of piano, guitar, violin and percussion is is great. I dont think i need to mention how beautiful Winter Sleep is it is just a gorgeous song. Chbittsu thanks for the mention I love the song you mentioned also.

Nana has got to have some of the best music i have ever heard in a anime. They manage to use the right music at perfect moment in the series and each song is appopriate for each scene its used in.

Heres a live with both Anna and Olivia preforming songs from the album cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJTtXzXyzs
Thank you for the link .

I'm glad I could be of any help. Nana has some amazing music in it, so I tried to keep track on its songs/albums. Actually I like Anna Tsuchiya and her Nana/Blast songs a lot more than Reira/Olivia, because it fits more my music taste in general. It was really nice to have Anna T. with a cover of Anarchy in the UK on the best album. Also, I think she's better live than Olivia who has a weired style on stage IMO. But Winter sleep has turned out to be my favourite - it gave me chills the first time I listened to it.

Anybody knows if the double live will be out on DVD?

Tags
drama, romance