AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 00:30   Link #861
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I have been thinking about the general trend of the way the discussion seems to have gone since ep 10 aired, and in many ways this sums it up for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Now of course, I don't think we can go all out and say that the ending was certain at this point (of course the writers knew...), but I think Shingo's attraction to Miu and Miu's alignment ("being on the same wavelength") with him are on display in the early episodes too. It was just so much in the background and subtle that it seemed at the time like nothing would come of it (because other characters were dominating the focus back then).

Most everybody thought we'd have a Miu arc, but then we'd head back to Airi, so Shingo's attraction to Miu wouldn't amount to anything, even though it was there. Contrary to those expectations, Shingo's attraction to Miu did amount to something, and the time spent with Airi led to another destination....
I would only add that the 2 ep Ange mini arc (which featured both Ange and Sakuno to a lesser extent) further prepared me to expect another mini arc with Miu and Sana. Again - this was under the expectation that Airi would be the main girl.

Really in many ways the real "hook" that made me think Airi was going to be the girl at the end was the scene of her and Sakuno bursting out of the bushes in ep 1 in slow motion. It was that moment that made me "commit" to Airi, and then the next few eps of her steadily growing closer to Shingo "sealed" it for me.

Yes - Miu was in the background, but that is the point. She was in the background, as was Ange and Sana. In the first few eps Sakuno was a little involved with Airi.

To be honest I really had no clue as to the direction the series would take, I assumed Miu and the others would be "standard background characters" in a harem type series: that is, all the girls fall for the protagonist, but he chooses only one. So Miu (and the others) being interested in Shingo did not really grab my attention the same way as the events with Airi did.

Ah well ... I am not complaining of the path that things did take, I guess I am just white-knighting those who were equally surprised by it as I was. For me it was NOT clear from the last two eps, which could just have easily have been turned into another mini-arc with Airi being the final girl decided upon.

Have to give another plug for examining the game thread for those who are interested to see how people thinks it relates to the series and its development thus far, though. I found it interesting. The producers of the anime did a good job with it - it is an unexpected surprise for me, but one which makes me go back over the material and rethink things. Good job in my book.
Old 2011-12-08, 00:38   Link #862
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ah well ... I am not complaining of the path that things did take, I guess I am just white-knighting those who were equally surprised by it as I was. For me it was NOT clear from the last two eps, which could just have easily have been turned into another mini-arc with Ange in a Santa Claus costume Airi being the final girl decided upon.
Two episodes to go! We clearly have the.... err... development, yes, that's right, development for it. And here we were, all writing off Ange's arc as a transitional filler but little did we know of the true secret master plan hidden in all of this! How hard of a troll would that be?
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 00:39   Link #863
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Two episodes to go! We clearly have the.... err... development, yes, that's right, development for it. And here we were, all writing off Ange's arc as a transitional filler but little did we know of the true secret master plan hidden in all of this! How hard of a troll would that be?
Umm ... to be honest I would be more surprised if Sakuno in a santa outfit were the one decided upon.
Old 2011-12-08, 00:45   Link #864
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Umm ... to be honest I would be more surprised if Sakuno in a santa outfit were the one decided upon.
Now that's just completely outlandish, we barely even know her aside from a few characteristics that have slipped in in the background, but, at the very least, we know she's not crazy.

We know Ange is crazy. Put a santa hat on her head, and she's off with the reindeer.
Old 2011-12-08, 00:47   Link #865
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Now that's just completely outlandish, we barely even know her aside from a few characteristics that have slipped in in the background, but, at the very least, we know she's not crazy. ....
And that's the very reason I would be even more surprised!

*cough cough*

Anyhoo ... back on thread topic and all....
Old 2011-12-08, 02:26   Link #866
amoirsp

Quote:
I wouldn't mind this at all.

Spoiler:

Despite Manglobe with it's like, hammer/seal, it's like only 4 minutes into the 4th quarter. Something is going to happen in the next two episodes (probably just resolving whatever was implied). Oh Manglobe.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:18   Link #867
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2011-12-08, 03:24   Link #868
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 10:

Spoiler for Episode 10:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:27   Link #869
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 10:

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for VN:

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for ep 10:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-08 at 03:42.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:40   Link #870
amoirsp

Thanks for the explanation. It's easy to get narrow minded for me despite seeing those other plot points and symbols.

On an adaptation note I don't remember when was the last time a minor character (originally game base construction-wise) was done so well she actually overshadows the other characters in either growth or development or character. I like it (though it also means as some pointed out, what feels like a loose end or a pacing issue or something seeming oddly timed or paced despite being reasonable or accurate.

Oh well. Instead of overkill thinking I'll look forward to episode 11 and reading further discussion. It's been quite enjoyable.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 04:45   Link #871
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for Episode 10 compared to the game:

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2011-12-08, 08:20   Link #872
pezzie

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Last edited by pezzie; 2011-12-08 at 08:44.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:59   Link #873
elior

Quote:
miu arc until now is 4 episodes so it not mini like you say
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:07   Link #874
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
miu arc until now is 4 episodes so it not mini like you say
I wouldn't use arc though, seeing that the anime is using it's 2nd half almost exclusively for Miu's story
Old 2011-12-08, 13:01   Link #875
Magicmonkeyman

Im been lurking over this thread for ages and finally decided to register ans share my opinion. Loved the game from day one.
Im just going share opinion instead of
Spoiler for Episode 10 . . .:
Magicmonkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 15:24   Link #876
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Alas, I have not yet had a chance to watch Episode 10 in sub format, so I'm not yet ready to take part in the excellent discussion on it (and Mashiro-iro Symphony as a whole) that I've seen here on this thread.

However, I did feel inspired recently to do a very simple (but hopefully cute and/or funny) Mashiro-iro Symphony AMV. It's inspired by the fact that the OP includes a Christmas tree and wintery fun, as well as by the fact that we're close to Christmas now.

Plus, I was amused by the idea of doing an AMV to a song sung by Frank Sinatra.

So, without further adieu, I give you "Have a Mashiro-iro Christmas." I'd love to know what everybody thinks of it. ^_^

Old 2011-12-08, 16:32   Link #877
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmonkeyman View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10 . . .:
Spoiler for Interesting thing to wonder, vague game mentions...:
Old 2011-12-08, 16:58   Link #878
hyl
reading #hikaributts

As an expansion to Vena who did not play the psp stories

Spoiler for anime and psp routes:

Spoiler for story:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-08 at 17:12.
Old 2011-12-08, 17:21   Link #879
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for story:
Spoiler for Comparison of the anime to the game:
Old 2011-12-08, 17:54   Link #880
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'll just answer both hyl and relentless without the double quotes.

Quote:
Spoiler for Comparison of the anime to the game:
Spoiler for Game story shenanigans:

Our duty is clear, make this succeed against all DVD/Blu-ray odds, and have them animate another series for Airi, then Sana, and maybe we can find time for Sakuno. Strange as that is, it will inevitably be better than whatever garbage we get over the next few seasons.

Ange who?

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen