Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-01-28, 06:10   Link #1
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Errr... don't be too harsh, please!

Note for all casual surfers.: This is solely the first drawing of my thread. To see more, scroll down.

This is my first time posting in a forum my art. And, while I'm at it, my second attempt at art in Photoshop.

Before you ask, yeah, I know I suck at faces. I just want suggestions for the damned guy's hair. I tried to make it in a ponytail, but I don't know if you can see it that well.

As far as dresses go, I should have made the girl's (Rhea's) at least floor length, but hey. I was so fed up by the time I actually got this far, I just left it as is.

And, while I'm at it, how do you make someone's face look decent even when it's soo small? At least, it was until I scanned it in. (Sighs)

Well, I nervously await your critiques.

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-01-31 at 19:04.
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 10:28   Link #2
Genesis

Have you considered coloring it? It's nice
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 11:11   Link #3
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I like the way you made the bodies, they look good and dont have anything that looks "wrong".

But i guess you have to work on the faces, especially the eyes.

And you should consider coloring it, in full colors and shading it might look very good, and since the lines are clean it shouldn't be too much of a problem ^^

Keep it up! I'd like to see more of your artwork ^^
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 11:27   Link #4
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Be forewarned; The following post has recieved a "PG-13" rating by the Morrison Pictures association of America. This rating has been given due to mild language and inexplicit nudity. Parental Guidance is suggested.
-Emily Morrison (AKA Forsaken102)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
I like the way you made the bodies, they look good and dont have anything that looks "wrong".

But i guess you have to work on the faces, especially the eyes.

And you should consider coloring it, in full colors and shading it might look very good, and since the lines are clean it shouldn't be too much of a problem ^^

Keep it up! I'd like to see more of your artwork ^^
Eh, what can I say?

Unfortunately, I'm one of the few people who really, really can't tell anyone apart. If I was ever asked to identify someone from a police lineup, I wouldn't be able to recognise the person unles I've known them for many years. (*sighs in a humiliated manner*)

As far as coloring goes, I'm fed up with that picture, and my mouse is on the fritz. So, I just said "Scew this!" Of course, if anyone feels like coloring... be my guest.

(But, I wanna see the finished product. )

And, as far as other artwork goes, here's an earlier one... Be forewarned, though; contains nudity!!

Angel

(I was much, much, much more patient with this one. )

And now, for my last one (which I did on MS Paint):

Spirit of the Wolf
(after the main character in my story, WolfWraith)

(*Bows*) Thank you very much. This was much less painfull than expected, so far.

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-01-28 at 12:38.
Old 2004-01-28, 14:06   Link #5
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Forsaken102, you're obviously a very good colorist and the angel is very very well done. However, you're proportions on the faces of your people in your other pictures need some improvement. You have a tendency to place the eyes far too high on the face eliminating the forehead almost entirely. These drawings cry out for foreheads!!! The best example of this is the first picture you posted.

Remember your proportions. Here is a little diagram I whipped up in two seconds...so forgive the messiness please.

Remember, eyes are halfway between top of the head and the chin, then nose is halfway between the eyes and the chin, and mouth is halfway between the nose and chin. The sides of the mouth are then each directly below the center of each eye on its own side (roughly). Play with it until it looks right, but these are the best starting points. I hope this is of some help!

Anyway, your coloring is phenomenol. I wish I had that ability!
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 14:10   Link #6
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

You whipped that up in two seconds!?

I envy YOUR ability!!
Old 2004-01-29, 01:51   Link #7
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

Wow good stuff...nice coloring.... ....i like the cross one and it doesn't look very pg-13 it's more like pg.
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:15   Link #8
Akumeru

Send a message via AIM to Akumeru
Wow you guys are really good I'm still stuck on [IMGhttp://kendoken.4t.com/images/siwon2.jpg]paint here is my latest crap if that works but if not then. http://kendoken.4t.com/images/siwon2.jpg

seeing you guyes art work makes me excited.
Akumeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 11:05   Link #9
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumeru
Wow you guys are really good I'm still stuck on [IMGhttp://kendoken.4t.com/images/siwon2.jpg]paint here is my latest crap if that works but if not then. http://kendoken.4t.com/images/siwon2.jpg

seeing you guyes art work makes me excited.
It's not bad, you should finish it ..
d0d0lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 12:02   Link #10
Akumeru

Send a message via AIM to Akumeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0d0lee
It's not bad, you should finish it ..
I'll try but its sooooo hard to draw on paint i think I'll change the hands and the arms, what go you guys think???
Akumeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 15:06   Link #11
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumeru
may seem like a dumb question to you but what program are you using I'm stuck with paint and you saw what crap I did on that
It's not always the program, but having a decent one helps. I did Spirit of the Wolf on MS Paint. So, it's quite possible, if you have the patience.

However, I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 now- which is what I did Angel on. (She was my first attempt, as I believe I've already noted)

The layers there work great, and the gradient tools are impeccable. However, since I'm still new to the program, I haven't even begun to discover the other features; like filters, and what different filters can do.

So, personally, I'd go with Photoshop (Which costs about $20, I beleive, unless you get it from a friend for free. (Not that I ever would, *cough cough*) It's well worth the investment if you want to do some serious art.)
Old 2004-01-29, 16:58   Link #12
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

How could you not love PS 7.0......it's so spiffy...I have it open right now.
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:21   Link #13
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I really like the angel one ^_^

Someone from my class in school is sooo great in oekaki ... i envy him X.X

The Spirit of Wolf one sorta renembers me on slayers O.o
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:39   Link #14
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
I really like the angel one ^_^

Someone from my class in school is sooo great in oekaki ... i envy him X.X

The Spirit of Wolf one sorta renembers me on slayers O.o
Ah. Well, if you'd like to see the story behind my first and last pictures that I posted, go to my homepage and read my story of Twin Moons Rising. (Hey, I've even gotten a piece or two of fanart off of it, so it can't be ALL bad... )

Unfortunately, there's no new art at my site; pretty much everything there's posted here (at least that I've done.)

http://www.geocities.com/forsaken102

Enjoy, all!!
Old 2004-01-30, 17:13   Link #15
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

And, my latest piece of work (This is going to be the Forsaken102 Art thread from now on, at least until no one posts in a while and it disappears)

I call it "Dryphon"... as in a mix between a Dragon and a Gryphon. (I practiced the eyeplacement and design. )

Enjoy, all!

Old 2004-01-30, 17:24   Link #16
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Looks good. I would say the body looks a bit large compared to the lets/thigh area,
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 17:33   Link #17
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

yeah, well... what can I say. It's damned hard to proportionalize when someone's in that position... but I will do my best to correct it none the less. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Old 2004-01-30, 17:41   Link #18
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Something i personally do when i draw the full picture is go back and draw the basic stick man to see if everything is in proportion. If you draw by paper and then scan i personally suggest geting some transparent paper (forgot what its called argh ) and draw out the stickman of the pose that you are doing and then check it

Edit!: Oh but interestingly your style seems more artistic in a sense of real life (thats good ! ) . As you can see anime style has larger type of eyes for females and a lot more sharp corners then smooth ones
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 17:49   Link #19
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot|hack
Something i personally do when i draw the full picture is go back and draw the basic stick man to see if everything is in proportion. If you draw by paper and then scan i personally suggest geting some transparent paper (forgot what its called argh ) and draw out the stickman of the pose that you are doing and then check it

Edit!: Oh but interestingly your style seems more artistic in a sense of real life (thats good ! ) . As you can see anime style has larger type of eyes for females and a lot more sharp corners then smooth ones
Hrm... I see.

Well, let me upload my changes, and then would you be willing to look at it and tell me what you think?

Well, here you are. Although, it's a bit difficult to tell the difference. -_-'

Although, any bigger and she'd have "Mondo Thighs!"

Old 2004-01-30, 18:57   Link #20
Goldenducky

Send a message via AIM to Goldenducky
those are so good!!!!!!
ur so lucky mine dont even look.......living? mine are so blobby compared to yours
not a bad site either
Goldenducky is offline   Reply With Quote