AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-22, 11:28   Link #1
gokigenyou

Rosario

Hello,

I am new here, so please forgive if I am doing this wrong.

I was wondering, is it useful if I post up pictures of the 3 different versions of rosario for "Mariasama ga Miteru". I now own all 3, and they are very pretty. (I actually own an extra rosario for Rosa Chinesis that I bought almost entirely from with my point card)

Just wondering,

Thanks!

Gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-22, 11:56   Link #2
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
just post it.
Old 2004-04-22, 15:24   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Do you know how a rosario is used?

I will give you my own experience since many (if not all) of you are non-catholics A.K.A heretics actually im not a catholic...

The rosario is used to pray, well, the "rosario", when you pray the rosario you have to pray an "ave maría" ten times and the little balls are used to keep track of how many have you already prayed. After the 10 "ave maría" you recite one of the misteries, pray a "holly father" and then start again with the 10 "ave-maría". if you noticed it the rosary has five big sections separated by bigger balls, this big sections have 10 balls each (for the ave marias), there are five sections because there are five misteries per mistery's group

The misteries:

This is referred to the 15 misteries of Jesus separated in groups of five,

The glorious misteries.
The joyful misteries.
The dolorous misteries.

You recite one of these groups depending on the day ( I dont remember exactly which day wich misteries )

The five balls with the crucifix are used to pray a shortened version of the rosario.

My grandmother prays the rosario every single day, most true catholics do it.

I know there is a better word for "balls", anyone help me please?

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-04-22 at 17:17. Reason: grammar errors, i know, my english sucks...:(
Old 2004-04-22, 16:21   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I know there is a better word for "balls", anyone help me please?
"Beads"

It is also similar to how the Buddhist priests use their juzu to recite their gyous.
Old 2004-04-24, 00:14   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
i am just curious? did budda made any miracles when he was alive ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
"Beads"

It is also similar to how the Buddhist priests use their juzu to recite their gyous.
Old 2004-04-25, 05:13   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
i am just curious? did budda made any miracles when he was alive ?
As off topic a post as that is, which you seem to do quite frequently, the answer is simply - No. Miracles or Acts of God are more confined to western religions (Christian, Judeo and Islamic religions primarily), while they still exist in eastern religions just not to the same extent or definition. The Buddha did not perform any miracles, he simple attained enlightenment by purifying himself and teaching others that path. The following is the much abridged history of the first Buddha:
Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha, was born in the sixth or fifth century B.C. in what is now modern Nepal. His father, Suddhodana, was the ruler of the Sakya people and Siddhartha grew up living the extravagant life of a young prince. According to custom, he married at the young age of sixteen to a girl named Yasodhara. His father had ordered that he live a life of total seclusion, but one day Siddhartha ventured out into the world and was confronted with the reality of the inevitable suffering of life. The next day, at the age of twenty-nine, he left his kingdom and newborn son to lead an ascetic life and determine a way to relieve universal suffering.

For six years, Siddhartha submitted himself to rigorous ascetic practices, studying and following different methods of meditation with various religious teachers. But he was never fully satisfied. One day, however, he was offered a bowl of rice from a young girl and he accepted it. In that moment, he realised that physical austerities were not the means to achieve liberation. From then on, he encouraged people to follow a path of balance rather than extremism. He called this The Middle Way.

That night Siddhartha sat under the Bodhi tree, and meditated until dawn. He purified his mind of all defilements and attained enlightenment at the age of thirty-five, thus earning the title Buddha, or "Enlightened One". For the remainder of his eighty years, the Buddha preached the Dharma in an effort to help other sentient beings reach enlightenment.
One should note that in Tibetan Buddhism he is known as the Buddha Shakyamuni and his name varies to some extent depending on the version of Buddhism being taught and practiced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I will give you my own experience since many (if not all) of you are non-catholics A.K.A heretics
You know... You're now the fourth person to call me a heretic. Although your claim was meant as a joke, I can't say the same about the previous three.

Gokigenyou; go ahead. Post some images of the three rosario. I'd be curious to see them, as I'm sure others are too. I have a rosario, have never used it since I'm not nor have ever been a Catholic, and I'd like to see if they're any different.
Old 2004-04-25, 12:44   Link #7
touwri sugari

This one?

Old 2004-04-26, 00:05   Link #8
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touwri sugari
This one?
So…pretty….must…have…one. can't find any. You people would be much better treasure hunters than I would ever be.
Old 2004-04-26, 06:28   Link #9
gokigenyou

Quote:
This one?

Yes, that is it. I just took the digital photos, but your image from Animate is much better looking. Thank you!

Gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-26, 10:49   Link #10
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I prefer the cross on the rosario marked (C). It seems to fit the overall look of the rosario much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
So…pretty….must…have…one. can't find any. You people would be much better treasure hunters than I would ever be.
It's all about sticking with it. After a while you'll learn which sites will have the greatest chance of having what you're looking for and develop a sense of where to look for certain things.
Old 2004-04-26, 11:34   Link #11
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Those are pretty, my grandmother and my aunts would love them! As long as they don't know from which program they've come from

Here the rosario (I mean the necklace) is called "camándula" I can't believe I'd forgotten that, my grandma lectured me about the use of the camandula when I was 10 or 12 years old. She also has a short camandula that you use in your finger as if it was a ring.

Oh I'd forgot that after the "holly father" and the mistery you say "glory to the father, the son and the holly spirit".
Old 2004-04-27, 06:51   Link #12
gokigenyou

Quote:
This one?

FYI
From picture...

Rosario A: Rosa Chinesis
Rosario B: Rosa Foetida
Rosario C: Rosa Gigantea
Old 2004-04-27, 07:10   Link #13
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
hey post yours gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-28, 10:13   Link #14
gokigenyou

Here are my photos of my rosarios.

LEFT BOX: Rosa Gigantea
CENTER BOX: Rosa Foetida
RIGHT BOX: Rosa Chinesis

Close up of rosario box for Rosa Chinesis

LEFT ROSARIO: Rosa Chinesis
CENTER ROSARIO: Rosa Gigantea
RIGHT ROSARIO: Rosa Foetida

Close up of rosario for Rosa Chinesis out of box.

Cross and Maria are made of silver. I think chain maybe also of silver.

I am sorry if I am not very good with taking photo.
-Gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-28, 10:19   Link #15
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Nice photos.

Given the previous images, I was expecting something a bit more ornate as far as the boxes were concerned. Still, quite nice.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:35   Link #16
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou
Here are my photos of my rosarios.
If I am not mistaken, the price of one rosario is 8800 Yen, is this true?
Old 2004-04-28, 11:45   Link #17
gokigenyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
If I am not mistaken, the price of one rosario is 8800 Yen, is this true?
Yes. Animate sells each rosario for 9240 en (8800 en + 5% tax)

Note: Buying 3 rosarios from Animate gives you enough stars on your point card to redeem for 1000 en against future purchase.

-gokigenyou
Old 2004-04-28, 11:55   Link #18
mantidor
the Iniquitous

OMG thats too expensive for me!!! ;_; I wanted one ;_;
Old 2004-04-28, 13:04   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokigenyou
Yes. Animate sells each rosario for 9240 en (8800 en + 5% tax)

Note: Buying 3 rosarios from Animate gives you enough stars on your point card to redeem for 1000 en against future purchase.

-gokigenyou
That's why I chose not to buy it - if I was going to pay that much, I could rather buy similar-looking rosario from a gaijin street seller in Roppongi. At least I can haggle on a price there.

Added to the fact I could buy three ero-games for if I were to buy those three rosarios...

Why spend close to 10,000 yen on something that is most likely Made in China, when you can find a nice DOLCE&GABBANA or Chromehearts rosario for around 13,000 yen (if you know where to look)?

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-04-28 at 13:20.
Old 2004-05-05, 18:51   Link #20
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I can find camandulas here as cheap as $2000 pesos, that's less than a dollar. If I want a really nice one it would be around $50000 pesos which is roughly 20 dollars. Of course no real jewerly, those would cost millions
Closed Thread