AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 04:26   Link #1661
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
And here's my review.
Spoiler for Koimonogatari:
Let me ask you this then. Does the scene where Nadeko is waiting in the shrine and Senjou, Araragi and grown up Shinobu are walking towards her appear in the novel?

EDIT: Actually now that I've re-read the last chapter it seems like it's just one giant lie. It seems the whole thing is just Nadeko's guess at what "could" happen in March. However as we know now the whole ordeal ended before March even came.

The truth is although this book is a giant troll, it's not like Nisio didn't give us clues.

I mean Kaiki not being as bad was sorta touched upon in Kabuki when we found out he helped out in fighting Kissshot X.
Ougi having hidden motives was obvious
Kanbaru mentioned something happened on graduation day but at the same time it didn't seem like what happened with Nadeko was something Araragi or Senjou would just tell Kanbaru

Last edited by omimon; 2012-01-02 at 04:50.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 04:47   Link #1662
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Let me ask you this then. Does the scene where Nadeko is waiting in the shrine and Senjou, Araragi and grown up Shinobu are walking towards her appear in the novel?
In Koi you mean? No. That scene in Otori was called a "preview". The preview lied.
Spoiler for Kissshot:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 04:57   Link #1663
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You know what would be awesome? If Araragi time travels again but this time to around 600 years ago and it turns out he was the one who turned Kissshot into a vampire.

It'll be like it turns out she was a sickly human and in order to survive she had to be turned into a vampire in order to live.
Old 2012-01-02, 07:26   Link #1664
Romanticide

Quote:
You know what would be awesome? If Araragi time travels again but this time to around 600 years ago and it turns out he was the one who turned Kissshot into a vampire.

It'll be like it turns out she was a sickly human and in order to survive she had to be turned into a vampire in order to live.
Well, the sickly human part sounds interesting, like maybe she had tuberculosis and eating humans was the only difficult part or something. I don't know how Koyomi turning her as a human would go though, it seems interesting though i always thought whoever turned her must have been killed or something, she never mentions them.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kissshot:
Spoiler for Kissshot:
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 08:02   Link #1665
Shikijin

Quote:
I mean Kaiki not being as bad was sorta touched upon in Kabuki when we found out he helped out in fighting Kissshot X.
Even in Nise2 he was briefly portrayed in a somewhat positive light at the end of the book.
Spoiler for Nise:

Then there was that time when Gaen wanted him to help, and Hana.
Quote:
Kanbaru mentioned something happened on graduation day but at the same time it didn't seem like what happened with Nadeko was something Araragi or Senjou would just tell Kanbaru
IIRC on graduation day Araragi just supplicated the teachers. The other time, when Araragi asked for her help, there was blood and deathmatches though.
Quote:

I don't think it would work, Araragi is not the type to turn another one into a vampire, that is I don't think he has the ability, he's a pseudo-vampire that don't even suck other people's blood. Besides,
Spoiler for Kabukimonogatari:
Old 2012-01-02, 09:48   Link #1666
Aleister

Wow, there's a lot more of Senjougahara than I would have guessed. And thanks for the review of course.

But about these:
Spoiler for koi:

I'd like to know what Kaiki thinks about him and what do you mean by ''master'' and ''vulnerability''?

Spoiler for koi:

*sigh* Too hooked on her for my own good...

Last edited by Aleister; 2012-01-02 at 10:30.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 10:36   Link #1667
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister View Post
I'd like to know what Kaiki thinks about him and what do you mean by ''master'' and ''vulnerability''?
Spoiler for Koimonogatari:
Old 2012-01-02, 11:05   Link #1668
Aleister

Senjougahara crying... No matter how many times I read that, it just doesn't click.
I guess I'm just too used to the cold her.

Spoiler for koi:

Thing is, the future is already somewhat set in stone (well, Nisio grade stone anyway) but the path is full of surprises.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:13   Link #1669
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Senjougahara crying... No matter how many times I read that, it just doesn't click.
I guess I'm just too used to the cold her.

Spoiler for koi:

Thing is, the future is already somewhat set in stone (well, Nisio grade stone anyway) but the path is full of surprises.
18 I believe.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:19   Link #1670
Aleister

Quote:
18 I believe.
Yeah, if she and Araragi were in college in hana, then my math was really screwed up.

Now that I remember, she also cried in Hitagi Crab... but still.
Old 2012-01-02, 16:07   Link #1671
Shikijin

Quote:
She also cried in Nekomonogatari White.
Quote:
Spoiler for koi:
I seriously doubt there will be a plotline about that There is already plenty of plot-related things to write about.
Old 2012-01-02, 16:58   Link #1672
Aleister

Quote:
She also cried in Nekomonogatari White.
I seriously doubt there will be a plotline about that There is already plenty of plot-related things to write about.
I doubt it would be a part of the main point, but ever since Bake, it's been one chapter or one story or one kai (kaii?) per book, right? Still space for character development.

My personal Senjougahara obsession aside, how's Kanbaru's development (man, did she look HOT in Nise's trailers), other than Hana? And do the fire sisters appear without it being just a cameo feeling after Nise?
Old 2012-01-02, 17:48   Link #1673
Shikijin

Quote:
I doubt it would be a part of the main point, but ever since Bake, it's been one chapter or one story or one kai (kaii?) per book, right? Still space for character development.
Time will tell.
Quote:
My personal Senjougahara obsession aside, how's Kanbaru's development (man, did she look HOT in Nise's trailers), other than Hana? And do the fire sisters appear without it being just a cameo feeling after Nise?
IIRC after Nise and outside Hana Kanbaru just got a cameo in Nekomonogatari White. There has been some kind of big accident she was involved with, but we still have to hear what it was about.

There is plenty of Fire Sisters.
There are 80 pages of Tsukihi in Nekomonogatari Black. EDIT: Plus Araragi has another conversation with Karen and Tsukihi once.
A decent dose of Karen and Tsukihi in Nekomonogatari White.
I had to check Hana because I didn't remember well, but there's some Karen. Also we are told the Fire Sisters broke up because Karen, who is one year older than Tsukihi, got to high school, while Tsukihi is still in middle school. Tsukihi is now Moon Fire, while Karen settled down.
Some Tsukihi in Otorimonogatari.

Now that I think about it, all in all there is more Fire Sisters than Senjougahara

Last edited by Shikijin; 2012-01-03 at 03:49.
Old 2012-01-02, 18:32   Link #1674
Candyshark

What do sisters actually bring to story besides the "toothbrush" omimon gushes over and brother complex?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 19:54   Link #1675
taichi-kun

Emm why did they name this last novel "Hitagi end" ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:59   Link #1676
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Possibly like a VN where the different endings are named based on the character they end up with? Given how Nisio has already played with alternate timelines this seems like a reasonable possibility
Old 2012-01-03, 00:40   Link #1677
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
What do sisters actually bring to story besides the "toothbrush" omimon gushes over and brother complex?
Other than brother complex Tsukihi was the one who cuts Nadeko's bangs which kinda lead to her finally snapping and going berserk.

Quote:
Some people here have guessed that the end meant the end of Nadeko's love and also the end of Hitagi's relations with Kaiki.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:30   Link #1678
Aleister

Quote:
Some people here have guessed that the end meant the end of Nadeko's love and also the end of Hitagi's relations with Kaiki.
I wish. Unless Senjougahara and Araragi find something on the level of a god, there's no reason for Kaiki to step in the main portion of the story. And maybe even if they do come across one, there will be a epic battle. Or maybe just more trolling.

BTW, Omimon, is 'toothbrush' in Bee or Phoenix?

Ya know, this might be my impression of the character, and since I haven't even seen Kaiki's character design, I can't help but compare him to Hazama.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:59   Link #1679
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
I wish. Unless Senjougahara and Araragi find something on the level of a god, there's no reason for Kaiki to step in the main portion of the story. And maybe even if they do come across one, there will be a epic battle. Or maybe just more trolling.

BTW, Omimon, is 'toothbrush' in Bee or Phoenix?

Ya know, this might be my impression of the character, and since I haven't even seen Kaiki's character design, I can't help but compare him to Hazama.
Ahh...you're confusing me. They did find something on the level of a god and Kaiki did step into the main portion of the story.

Toothbrush is in Phoenix and Kaiki's design is out already. Looks like someone haven't been catching up.
Old 2012-01-03, 04:08   Link #1680
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
They are on the sidelines, but they are still as helpful as every other character. Besides what Omimon says about Otori, in Nekomonogatari White Tsukihi and Karen help Hanekawa to come up to a solution to the mystery, and in Hana Karen gives useful info to Kanbaru. Even in Nekomonogatari Black as interlocutors they help Araragi expressing his themes.
Quote:
This is a big mystery

The simple fact is that this novel was once announced to be the last, although I think Nisio had the intention of writing some spin-offs after that. Possibly he now wants to do everything within the main series, anyway the title stuck, even though it is meaningless at this point.

Btw, Kaiki's character design was finalized in the official site. Click here and then click on the last symbol on the right, the clover.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance