1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-19, 03:07   Link #41
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2osprey View Post
This might be wishful thinking, but what are the chances that the third season will be released sometime in the near future (i.e. << 1 year's time)? That only seems to make sense, given how the current arc hasn't even ended..
Optimism, I gotta try it sometime.

I can't imagine waiting more than 14 months for the end of a cliffhanger bu this point.
Old 2009-09-19, 06:04   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

We have only one option:

Rebellion!
Old 2009-09-19, 13:02   Link #43
Mr. Anime

crap i think i ll get depressed starting next thursday because
1)season2 is over and we dont know for sure if there will be a 3rd season (we would even need a 4th or 5th to be happy)
2) novel translations dont seem to go fast atm (nothing new over the last months concerning volume 5 and 6)

when the 1st season of SaW ended, code geass consoled me but what now? Only hope is that there will be a next season soon and that the next episode ends the way i want^^ (lawrence saying the words we all want him to say ----> horo breaks out in tears etc)
Old 2009-09-20, 09:14   Link #44
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Come to think of it, I find the concept behind Spice and Wolf interesting, but what bores the braincells out of me is their relationship. Yes, I find the love story boring.

Maybe it is categorised under an intellectual's watch rather than anything else.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:45   Link #45
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
A Rebellion huh? well many of us called it. A Rebellion will throw a wrench into anyones money making schemes unless your arms dealer.

I knew something was going to happen but i never fathom it would turn into full blown rebellion against the status quo. If i see Lelouch walking around with a cart and im calling shenanigans
Old 2009-09-21, 11:42   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Come to think of it, I find the concept behind Spice and Wolf interesting, but what bores the braincells out of me is their relationship. Yes, I find the love story boring.

Maybe it is categorised under an intellectual's watch rather than anything else.
The love story *will* become boring if some progress isn't made in their relationship (for good or ill). The author can't just freeze the situation forever, but it is beginning to seem like he keeps diverting into sidestories to avoid continuing the central theme. Fortunately, there are enough interesting stories to get a third season out of it...... but a fourth season I find pretty unlikely unless the author wraps it up in some way in the next year or two. It is only 11 volumes into the story - so he can probably eke out 3 or 4 more before the fish-slapping begins.
Old 2009-09-21, 13:34   Link #47
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
he can probably eke out 3 or 4 more before the fish-slapping begins.
"Fish-slapping" Is that some fandom phrase I'm not familiar with? Or do you mean that literally?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-09-21, 13:54   Link #48
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
The love story *will* become boring if some progress isn't made in their relationship (for good or ill). The author can't just freeze the situation forever, but it is beginning to seem like he keeps diverting into sidestories to avoid continuing the central theme. Fortunately, there are enough interesting stories to get a third season out of it...... but a fourth season I find pretty unlikely unless the author wraps it up in some way in the next year or two. It is only 11 volumes into the story - so he can probably eke out 3 or 4 more before the fish-slapping begins.
So you mean the novels are STILL dragging it out at volume 11? I was just thinking that where we are at volume 5 there would have to be a tipping point. My guess was that some contrived new situation would temporarily force them further apart for another volume or two after this one (which is doubly likely if one of them finally admits something this season). But to go that far is ridiculously contrived when there are so many more interesting issues they still have to deal with if they do decide to have a relationship. I hope that's not what you meant, because Lawrence will die of old age before they even get to Yoitsu at this rate
Old 2009-09-21, 15:49   Link #49
FTGT

*FTGT just watched the episode and is shocked beyond words*

What (the hell) just happened between Horo and Lawrence?

Just let me explain how I understood Horos behaviour during the last episode 10:
Spoiler for no spoiler, just to avoid overlarge post:

With this in my mind I watched one of the most meaningful conversations in S&W so far.... and was confused by it.
This is what we all saw and read (together with what went through my mind watching it):
Spoiler for Conversation between Horo and Lawrence:

Please help me to understand this. Is Horo really serious about leaving Lawrence because of something cheesy as "It's always best to leave when things are at their best"?
Or is it just another trick and she is in fact trying to provoke Lawrence even more until he cant stand it any longer and says: "I love you, please stay by my side until I die"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
This anime season has gone way too quickly, I can't believe we're nearing the end already. Soon I'll be back to my daily visits to the novel translations hoping for updates.
To this^ I have to agree. What an enormous loss for my weekly routine.

Last edited by FTGT; 2009-09-21 at 16:01.
Old 2009-09-21, 16:34   Link #50
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post

Just let me explain how I understood Horos behaviour during the last episode 10:

With this in my mind I watched one of the most meaningful conversations in S&W so far.... and was confused by it.
This is what we all saw and read (together with what went through my mind watching it):

Please help me to understand this. Is Horo really serious about leaving Lawrence because of something cheesy as "It's always best to leave when things are at their best"?
Or is it just another trick and she is in fact trying to provoke Lawrence even more until he cant stand it any longer and says: "I love you, please stay by my side until I die"?

I am pretty sure she was just sugar coating her meaning.
Old 2009-09-21, 16:37   Link #51
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post

I think we're all reading too far into this, but here's my take. If Horo wanted Lawrence, and not just sex with Lawrence, she has had plenty of opportunity to say so. He's been waiting pretty damn patiently.

She knows he wants to get intimate. She's noticed the signs that he keeps holding back;
- he stops himself from saying something "serious" when they first get to the city.
- he stops himself from "petting" her a couple of times in the past few episodes.
- he gets upset when she presses him about his apparent virginity and her many apparent partners.
- him clearly wanting to jump on her in episode 10, but not doing so.
- him avoiding her at night the past few days.

It's quite clear that he at least cares deeply for her (even if it is possibly unclear that he's entirely in love with her). So why does she keep playing these word games with him? He's too stupid to catch all the double-entendres in their conversations (and this is hardly the time to be so vague). So why isn't she more straightforward? Too proud to stoop to his level? In that case, it would never work out anyway.

To me, they are just missing each other's respective cues. She seems to want sex, and I'm not at all sure why (maybe because she hopes it will help her decide on whether to have a long-term relationship with him?). And Lawrence wants a longer-term relationship (he's clearly not a swinger). So of course he's going to hold back to prevent getting more intimate because it'll already be hard to say goodbye to her at Yoitsu.

I also think that Horo basically confirmed to him that he was right, but then the nun girl convinced him to fight for his "new dream" of being with Horo, because he seemed to be giving up again like he did in Kumerson.

So I think your second statement is what is being foreshadowed here.. I just don't think it is what Horo is necessarily after. I think she's still messed up and not sure what she wants. If Lawrence tells her that he loves her now it might just make things worse.
Old 2009-09-21, 18:21   Link #52
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZnNRvqfVE

Who can' tell me this is'nt fitting for S&W?

"Well you better watch your step, shes a diamond on a landmine."

Also my weekly routine for S&W will be held over by the new season of Doctor Who, so no need for rehab for me =3
Old 2009-09-21, 19:05   Link #53
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZnNRvqfVE

Who can' tell me this is'nt fitting for S&W?

"Well you better watch your step, shes a diamond on a landmine."

Also my weekly routine for S&W will be held over by the new season of Doctor Who, so no need for rehab for me =3
Gotta say, I agree with both points

"Sweet, maybe... Passionate, I suppose... But don't ever mistake that for nice."
Old 2009-09-21, 21:01   Link #54
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Billy Talent FTW. Thinking about it, almost every song on the new album could fit somewhere in the series.

http://widget.billytalent.com/widget/arashi500

The Doctor and his constantly changing companions' adventures are just as important to me as S&W.
Old 2009-09-22, 03:19   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
"Fish-slapping" Is that some fandom phrase I'm not familiar with? Or do you mean that literally?
Heh... no, not "fandom". Obscure reference to the fish-slapping dances of Monty Python (where people slap each other silly with large fish.... later devolved into the "trout slap" of Internet usage.
Old 2009-09-22, 04:56   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Heh... no, not "fandom". Obscure reference to the fish-slapping dances of Monty Python (where people slap each other silly with large fish.... later devolved into the "trout slap" of Internet usage.
It's no surprise we'd find people on this board who wouldn't understand it though.
Old 2009-09-22, 09:41   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
So damn funny I immediately laughed my ass when i saw this, surprise to see anyone use this reference.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:33   Link #58
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sooo, next episode is the last for now? How can we get a happy ending if Lawrence doesn't become a wolf-god with a huge-ass shop at Holo's village? Joking aside, one episode to end the entire arc and season might be a bit too little, there's a lot of things to do and barely 20 minutes to do them!
Smells like a season 3 next time
Old 2009-09-22, 10:37   Link #59
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Depends. The ending of the arc might be so mindblowingly awesome that they have to restrict it to a single episode lest they destroy the minds of the anime's fans.

In the same way a friend of mine said that given the series' relative lack of a large fanbase a second season might never arrive. I promptly told him to kiss my hairy Filipino-Chinese ass and lo and behold, we got a season 2 announcement after a while.
Old 2009-09-22, 11:00   Link #60
LKK

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I do remember that Monty Python sketch. I had no idea that it had transformed into an internet phrase though. (I also use the fact that I haven't seen any Monty Python sketches since the 1970s as an excuse. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread