AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 18:55   Link #461
Ultenth

Overall I liked the ending, and even though the rest and move away thing with Nakasugi kind of bummed me out, I understand it because I'm sure they want to start fresh with the next season. Still kinda silly that he just let her go like that after giving up his life for hers, but whatever I guess.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 19:09   Link #462
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Overall I liked the ending, and even though the rest and move away thing with Nakasugi kind of bummed me out, I understand it because I'm sure they want to start fresh with the next season. Still kinda silly that he just let her go like that after giving up his life for hers, but whatever I guess.
well, she was transfering schools and she had a shot at being happy. He was just thinking about her. If he had tried to make her remember, she could also remember all the bad things. He was sacrifying his feelings for her, i guess it was a lesser sacrify than what he did before, he was ready to die for her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 19:20   Link #463
Ultenth

Yeah, I understand that since her grandpa died she would probably have to go live with other relatives, and thus change schools. And that it's good in some ways that she forgot trying to destroy the world. But still, I would think if a guy is originally willing to give up the world for a girl, then decides to himself die so she can live, that he might consider trying to get her to fall for him again, maybe moving with her, or something like that. I dunno, you'd think if someone was that much in love to go to that extremes that they wouldn't be intimidated by the fact that she forgot their time together, or had to move, and wouldn't just give up on her.
Old 2008-10-03, 19:40   Link #464
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like Revi's gonna be in the next season and more of Gomez!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:35   Link #465
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the ending was alright though wasn't that great either. Plenty of expected stuff with Senkawa losing yet another body and frankly at some point they should just say he's dead and save the expense . At least they managed to keep the planet from getting annihilated which would have been a bad thing.

Would have been nice if Birdy got one more good fight before this season was over. But hopefully she will get her chance later on.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:49   Link #466
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well the ending was alright though wasn't that great either. Plenty of expected stuff with Senkawa losing yet another body and frankly at some point they should just say he's dead and save the expense . At least they managed to keep the planet from getting annihilated which would have been a bad thing.

Would have been nice if Birdy got one more good fight before this season was over. But hopefully she will get her chance later on.
supposedly this time they are going to take longer to get his body ready. Last time birdy was at the brink of being absorbed by Senkawa. I know they are sharing body for the sake of the plot, but birdy should get someone else to carry that pest till the body is ready.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:51   Link #467
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
supposedly this time they are going to take longer to get his body ready. Last time birdy was at the brink of being absorbed by Senkawa. I know they are sharing body for the sake of the plot, but birdy should get someone else to carry that pest till the body is ready.
Seriously . Dump him on some poor intern and save Birdy the danger of absorption. That guy just isn't worth it.
Old 2008-10-05, 01:28   Link #468
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Rather liked the ending myself. Wasn't over-wrought, but quite consistent and believable in the context of the flow of the series. And Nakasugi had to be cleared out of the way for romance between Senkawa and Birdy to bloom (which should be an interesting take on "self-love"). I like both characters and found the relationship rather touching in it's way - more of a sibling thing for now, but I see that changing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:18   Link #469
NaturalManiac

My thoughts on Birdy are that the series was ok, but at the same time it felt to me like they sullied the original work a bit, the manga from 2003. They basically just used the same characters, except for the two introductory episodes where it followed the manga most of the time.

Admittedly, trying to crank in all the story from the manga is an impossible task, but couldn't they at least used the basic story instead of making this one up.

At least they showed the real evil mastermind at the end,
Spoiler for manga:

Hopefully they will use the manga story in the next season, a bit chopped up though since they have slaughtered the start of it in this season.

One final note, I think Senkawa is much more likable and dependable in the manga compared to the anime. And that seem to be the one thing everyone dislikes about the anime. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed for the next season.
NaturalManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:33   Link #470
Ultenth

I thought the original story was from back in the mid-80's?
Old 2008-10-05, 10:40   Link #471
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And Nakasugi had to be cleared out of the way for romance between Senkawa and Birdy to bloom (which should be an interesting take on "self-love").
I suspect a Hayamiya/Senkawa/Birdy love triangle myself for next season.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 11:06   Link #472
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
I suspect a Hayamiya/Senkawa/Birdy love triangle myself for next season.
Yeah, I do too, especially with the hint Hayamiya dropped at the very end of the episode to Senkawa about someone close to him, which is great because it also applies to Birdy as well.
Old 2008-10-05, 13:22   Link #473
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
It was [The OVA was based on that version], but the author did a restart [because he wasn't happy with the original] which Decode is based on..
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 13:49   Link #474
IMSabbel

Maybe i am just remembering the OVA a bit wrong, but did they spin the "bodysharing" a bit different this time?

I certainly remember the OVA being quite a bit in the gender-bender area, while during DECODE, they didnt want it to go there (the way the one in "the backseat" was handled, for example. It never felt like they share one body. It was more like there are 2 bodies, and they just switch them around...)
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:49   Link #475
JediNight
キズランダム

The way they get rid of Nakasugi was too heavy-handed and stupid though. "Even though you loved her and were willing to die for her, she has amnesia now and is moving away. Oops. Go for Birdy now!"

JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 16:33   Link #476
golthin

Quote:
Yeah, I do too, especially with the hint Hayamiya dropped at the very end of the episode to Senkawa about someone close to him, which is great because it also applies to Birdy as well.
I also think so, she following him in the building was not just because she is a close friend. She can cover her feelings well though, she never showed any jealousy when senkawa was dating Nakasugi.
Old 2008-10-07, 07:51   Link #477
Switizle

Omg, I love this show ;_; wheres all the fanart
Switizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:53   Link #478
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switizle View Post
Omg, I love this show ;_; wheres all the fanart
There's not a lot. I've posted what there is of it while the show was airing in this thread.
Old 2008-10-08, 12:05   Link #479
NaturalManiac

Quote:
I should have worded it better. To me the original, or source whatever fits best, is the newer manga from 2003. The first one was only about one volume if I have understood it correct, compared to the 19 volumes that is out with the new one.

Spoiler for manga:
NaturalManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 14:29   Link #480
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalManiac View Post
Spoiler for manga:
That's true enough. She'll probably take the postion of the LI in season 2, so it's unlikely that Birdy will become his LI such as it is (would be an interesting situation though, all things considered). Althrough...
Spoiler for manga:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, sci-fi