AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 11:12   Link #401
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's no doubt that the blonde girl is the creator of Kill Ballad. After all... in the very first episode she challenged Kaito with the name "Fraukoujiro". No wonder Kaito immediately reacted after hearing her name.

Wild speculations time:

Spoiler for wild speculations:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:51   Link #402
tsunade666

I'm really enjoying this show. Aki is full of genki that she makes the story more fun to watch and she compliment the silent and always playing guy.

and if its just wild speculation then they are fighting aliens or invaders from different world or dimension.
Old 2012-10-26, 12:32   Link #403
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 03 - Feel the Elec-Trigger's Might!

So not only are there robots, there are masked ace pilots who love chewing the scenery. As much as I try to analyze things, this combination of elements just makes me go "That is cool!" and make it the end of the story. Once again, Akiho has completely the right idea of what to do in these situations. It's a super robot, make it super! The tournament as a whole gave me pleasant flashbacks to Medabots, though without the robots themselves having personality, obviously. Or being merchandise. (If there's a Tanegashimachine out there for real, I am quite eager to know.)

I look forward to Akiho persuading/forcing more people to join and the completion of Gunvarrel in episodes to come. It probably won't match up to the definitely-not-a-Gundam they wanted to see when they got to Tokyo, but it still looks awesome. And it's not unheard of, even in our world today. People have been building giant robotic beetles and such. [Insert joke about BC-04 here.] A fine show with a fine atmosphere and a fine sense of hotbloodedness. Even if it's not in Akiba, it's still celebrating an aspect of nerd culture to the fullest.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 12:54   Link #404
ookamigirl

I like their pad things, something like mini iPads.
They're pretty cool and useful too ^^
Guess we are not too far from that future world.
The tournament has finally begun.
Tanegashimachine-3 vs Devilstronger!
That was a really nice battle. That control system rules!
They swept the competition with ease until finale, but Kai seemed off.
Hidaka got tricked into saving their club, how nice LOL

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 12:56   Link #405
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2012-10-26, 13:04   Link #406
tomtkp

R;N anime is getting better and better each episode. I got hooked already. Science Adventure Series never fails to amaze me.

Mister Pleiades appearance and Frau Koujiro going "fufu" at Kai are great funny scenes in this episode.

And the Robotics Club is going to JAXA next episode. I have a feeling that everything will start from here.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:06   Link #407
Nerroth
NePoi!

By the way, in case it hasn't been spotted already, there is a bunch of additional info over on the Japanese R;N anime site; including a pdf map of Tanegashima itself.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:44   Link #408
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
By the way, in case it hasn't been spotted already, there is a bunch of additional info over on the Japanese R;N anime site; including a pdf map of Tanegashima itself.
whuaah!! For real?
Old 2012-10-26, 14:46   Link #409
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
-So the main characters live in Tanegashima, an island that really exists and that is where the real Japanese space center is located. Certainly there must be a precise reason if the authors chose this as the setting.
Ah. So that explains the "we used real world names & places, but this is really just fiction" disclaimer at the beginning of the episodes. Thank you. I wouldn't have known that without your post.

Episode 3 was super fun. Flat out fun & informative at the same time. I'm glad that Kai had a chance to fill out his characterization. He's been a little overshadowed by Aki's strong personality so far.

I was surprised that the blonde was Frau Can'tRememberLastName. I expected it the Frau to be Aki's sister.

I think episode 1 deserves a rewatch. You guys have been mentioning hints from ep 1 that I have already forgotten.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 15:14   Link #410
Blaat

This isn't the first time an anime is set in Tanegashima, the second part of 5 cm/s had the same location.
Old 2012-10-26, 15:24   Link #411
Nerroth
NePoi!

I wonder if there will be any references to Tanegashima's history; perhaps via a school trip or something.

(Tanegashima was the site of the first Portuguese visit to Japan; it became renowned as one of the first places in the archipelago to adopt firearms. There's even a museum, the Teppoukan, dedicated to this; it's listed as point number 9 on the R;N map pdf.)

Also, it turns out that map is also on the island's own tourism website; which has a dedicated section for the series.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2012-10-26 at 15:39.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 15:36   Link #412
LeoXiao
思想工作

I have to say I'm liking this so far. It's got a similar feel to Steins;Gate even if they are obviously totally different in terms of plot and characters.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 15:44   Link #413
Midonin
Last Engage

I can see a few elements from another liked series of mine here. The setting plays an important role in the story, there are robots involved and a hyper-energetic, hyper-positive girl does things in relation to those robots. I compare it to Rinne no Lagrange, but the comparison can only go so far before it starts to break down.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 16:05   Link #414
Byakou

Mr Pleiades, so lame yet so awesome
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:33   Link #415
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Spoiler for Size of images:

So I guess I'm the only one that could possibly notice that Pleiades mask is both a reference to Char Aznable and the Earth Federation logo. Some of these Gundam references are pretty obscure admittedly.

Also the design on his uniform is very similar to that of ranking officers in Zeon.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:50   Link #416
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

If that was supposed to be a reference to the EFSF, they accidentally made it indentical to the NATO symbol.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 18:16   Link #417
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If that was supposed to be a reference to the EFSF, they accidentally made it indentical to the NATO symbol.
Yeah but the Nato symbol doesn't have that little crescent thing at the bottom like both his mask and the EFF logo do, though I'm pretty sure the EF logo was itself supposed to have been based off of the NATO logo. Also since the show has basically been referencing Gundam since the very first episode and the Gunvarrel is also obviously supposed to be an in universe parody of both the Gundam design and phenomenon of the 80's I'm going to take the safe bet here and say it's inspired by the EFF logo much like I feel the uniform has basis in the Zeon design.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 19:24   Link #418
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

So I guess I'm the only one that could possibly notice that Pleiades mask is both a reference to Char Aznable and the Earth Federation logo. Some of these Gundam references are pretty obscure admittedly.

Also the design on his uniform is very similar to that of ranking officers in Zeon.
His mask reminded me of Rau le Creuset's one. I didn't watch the older gundams XD
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:56   Link #419
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Black Mail Bender will be so proud:
Old 2012-10-26, 22:59   Link #420
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Yeah, Pleiades made me think of Star Driver's "Galactic Pretty Boy" crossed with Char Aznable. As one would imagine, it makes for a rather fabulous combination!

Episode 3 clicked with me in a way that the first two episodes didn't. Pleiades is a big part of that, but it also helps that...

1) The plot is really starting to thicken now. I liked all of the short, mysterious scenes involving adult characters in this episode.

2) The dynamics between Akiho and Kaito felt a bit smoother and more effective to me here. Kaito seemed to actually care about things in this episode, and that made a big difference.

This anime took a big step forward with this third episode, and it's making me look forward to more.

Tags
science fiction