AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 21:29   Link #6681
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

meh i wr at tier 10 isn't great either... anyways its rare to be able to get in a sweet spot where arty can't get a shot on you, cuz if you do, everyone is either out of range or los, and most of the action is outside safe zones if you know what I mean. and if ur in a save zone, ur prolly be the last guy alive... or at least one of them.

well the reason is that we can find joy and fun playing with the big guns and one shottin tanks..... heck i would just go in the training room by myself and shoot at my Maus or tier 10s just for fun on my alt acct..... idk if anyone wants in or not, but w/e.
Old 2013-05-20, 21:34   Link #6682
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
You should compare my AMX-50B winrate to my average winrate.... *hides*
Ha, even the great Mow has tanks that don't jive with him. Then again isn't the 50B like a terrible tank?

So thus far, this weekend for me has been deeply negative .. entirely on my E-100. Wins on everything else (T69, Black Prince, Lowe, E-75, ELC AMX, T71) and.. My E-100 has seen too many Sand River, Prokhorovka and Malinovka's recently. So, just had a 4k damage game loss and a 5k damage game win. It's getting put into the closet for a little while..
Old 2013-05-20, 21:45   Link #6683
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Ha, even the great Mow has tanks that don't jive with him. Then again isn't the 50B like a terrible tank?

So thus far, this weekend for me has been deeply negative .. entirely on my E-100. Wins on everything else (T69, Black Prince, Lowe, E-75, ELC AMX, T71) and.. My E-100 has seen too many Sand River, Prokhorovka and Malinovka's recently. So, just had a 4k damage game loss and a 5k damage game win. It's getting put into the closet for a little while..
I find it very difficult to get into the "groove" with my AMX-50B, if you will. It requires a very specific but flexible mindset and when I come home from work I find that I can't find any thoughts other than "SEE PUBBIE TANKS, MUST SMASH/FLANK AND SPANK" that my T57 does better.
What's mysterious to me is that if you compare my AMX-50 120 and my 50B, my 120 blows my 50B away, even though they are very similar tanks.

EDIT: Reason why I don't like the lower tiers is because I don't like being at the bottom of the matchup. At least if I'm a tier 10 in a tier 10 match I have the vehicle capable of carrying (somewhat).
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 22:39   Link #6684
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

WOW!!

Spoiler for You do not get this everyday:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 23:03   Link #6685
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Platooned with Pen and Touma but couldn't seem to form a winning streak tonight
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 23:03   Link #6686
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yup that a reason why i enjoy tier 9s and 10. not best nite but not the worst... it could have been better if something did come up for me and i was afk last round... but we can try it again some other time when i get no interruptions.

Mean while i will be using low tier games to cheat my way back up past 54%.
Old 2013-05-20, 23:53   Link #6687
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quick question: For my KV-1, should I use the 85mm or the 122mm? The 122mm has lots of derp, but 85mm both fires faster and has better penetration. I'm undecided. According to the game, the 85mm is more experience-expensive therefore better, but I wanted to get your opinions first before I decided.

And how are the French tanks that lead up to the Batchat? I'm kinda interested. I haven't even touched the french tank line yet.
Old 2013-05-20, 23:56   Link #6688
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Quick question: For my KV-1, should I use the 85mm or the 122mm? The 122mm has lots of derp, but 85mm both fires faster and has better penetration. I'm undecided. According to the game, the 85mm is more experience-expensive therefore better, but I wanted to get your opinions first before I decided.

And how are the French tanks that lead up to the Batchat? I'm kinda interested. I haven't even touched the french tank line yet.
It depends on you and your play style. When we used to do KV-1 platoons, I used the derp, Endless used the 85mm, and Ute I think used the 57mm.

As for the light autloaderss, ah, they take a certain mindset to play, as playing them as straight scouts will just get you killed VERY quickly.
Old 2013-05-20, 23:57   Link #6689
Gravitas Free Zone

I ended up using the 57mm...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 00:03   Link #6690
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It depends on you and your play style. When we used to do KV-1 platoons, I used the derp, Endless used the 85mm, and Ute I think used the 57mm.

As for the light autloaderss, ah, they take a certain mindset to play, as playing them as straight scouts will just get you killed VERY quickly.
I see. But which gun is better if you don't platoon all that often? Sometimes my teammates are awesome, sometimes I don't even know what the heck they're doing.

And are you saying the french tanks are better to be used as flankers? That's what I heard. I heard that if you use the french tank's better speed to shoot someone in the back and run you can wear down other, beefier tanks before they know what hit them.
Old 2013-05-21, 00:18   Link #6691
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I see. But which gun is better if you don't platoon all that often? Sometimes my teammates are awesome, sometimes I don't even know what the heck they're doing.

And are you saying the french tanks are better to be used as flankers? That's what I heard. I heard that if you use the french tank's better speed to shoot someone in the back and run you can wear down other, beefier tanks before they know what hit them.
Again, it depends on your style. The derp trades ROF (it takes a LONG time to reload) for alpha damage. The 85mm is middle of the road, with okay damage, accuracy, and reload. The 57mm that Ute uses has high pen and ROF, but teeny damage.

The autoloaders are less skirmishers than opportunists really, as you don't have the armor for a prolonged dogfight (in many cases you can go down to two HE shots). Flanking is the only real way to get results, true, but even then you have to choose your targets -- hit damaged or distracted tanks.
Old 2013-05-21, 00:56   Link #6692
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:

87mm, KV1 don't need derp.
Old 2013-05-21, 01:53   Link #6693
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Good to know guys. Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up trying all three at some point, just to see which one suits my playstyle.
Old 2013-05-21, 04:13   Link #6694
Pen3

So i finally bought my FV215b 183 and went to garage to look for it, but couldn't find. Then i went to read the log and it said;
'FV4202' successfully purchased.
Spent : 6,100,000
Face_palm.jpg.......
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 04:39   Link #6695
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Lol pen.

Insanity i would advise going 85er or 57mm becuz their more n00b Friendly and derp on kv 1 on gold is good but u need time ur shots and carfeully aim. i personally will play derp on my derpers until the nerf. hopefully they buff he. i'll post more about derp later.
Old 2013-05-21, 05:10   Link #6696
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Lol pen.

Insanity i would advise going 85er or 57mm becuz their more n00b Friendly and derp on kv 1 on gold is good but u need time ur shots and carfeully aim. i personally will play derp on my derpers until the nerf. hopefully they buff he. i'll post more about derp later.
Well, that's what I figured. From what I've seen, higher penetration is almost always better. If I used the 122mm, I'd be taking a pretty damn big gamble that I am going to be the highest tier most of the time (since against lower tiers higher derp is a faceroll advantage in most cases).

And let's face it, most of us aren't that lucky. I'm pretty sure that I'm in fights 2 tiers above my tank's level about a good 50% of the time.

And any of you who have played it, how is the M4 Sherman? Is it worth getting? I see a ton of people using it and I was just curious as to how it stacks up against my Pz.Kpfw. III/IV (which I really like for its versatility and overall balance).
Old 2013-05-21, 05:31   Link #6697
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
And any of you who have played it, how is the M4 Sherman? Is it worth getting? I see a ton of people using it and I was just curious as to how it stacks up against my Pz.Kpfw. III/IV (which I really like for its versatility and overall balance).
Very nice tank. Less armored than the Pz4, but has okay acceleration and what's more, has excellent gun depression. You'll see these run with the 105mm these days though rather than the 76mm, but the latter is still decent.
Old 2013-05-21, 05:59   Link #6698
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

M4 sherman can bounce shots if really lucky. i prefer M4 over any other derp tank besides my kv 1.

There are 4 derp tanks then you have the tds that can derp. But there are only 4 tier 5 tanks that come with the derp option: M4, KV 1, M10, Pz 4.... personally it's between M4 or KV 1... why, well for starters the M4 has gun depression better than anyother of its kind and has decent armor and can bounce shots if your lucky, KV 1 well it is a heavy and have abetter advantage over qny other T5s. Also have better armor so you survive longer, you have more hp pool so you can be a man and take some hits, and it can one shot or two shot any tank in it's tier. downside to derpers is the long reload and aim time... it is only when your brawling you have the best advantage.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-21 at 06:59.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:08   Link #6699
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Very nice tank. Less armored than the Pz4, but has okay acceleration and what's more, has excellent gun depression. You'll see these run with the 105mm these days though rather than the 76mm, but the latter is still decent.
The M4 is actually better armored than the Pz4, whereas the Pz4 is slightly more mobile, albeit there's tiny amounts of spaced armor of the Pz4's turret.
Old 2013-05-21, 08:36   Link #6700
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Just a quick aside: researching the D-54 gun on the T-54 is required to unlock the T-62A right? Because with the D-10T2C, there's little reason to get it aside from that.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks