kazzuya13

I thought the Ram resembled the Sheep not a Goat
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 08:58   Link #2142
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Kadi. Your gender is so confusing that you end up being an "it".

Honestly, I should have said it before somewhere, but the problem with Campione isn't the fact that it is different from the novels. A faithful adaptation doesn't mean good results, just ask JC Staff *cough*HnA*cough* . It is all about the flow, the character design, the plot holes made or not made, the quality of animation and the execution. Diomedia doesn't look as if they've done enough to make it good as a series slightly far from the original version.

Ah, and wanted to say that the OP and the ED are not the best (maybe aside the first 16 secs).
^ Actually, been watching Hidan no Aria and .. I disagree with you. I actually liked the anime adaptation. It's pretty damn faithful to the LN and the art quality was actually pretty good. I felt it's production values were actually higher than those of "Campi!" as well.

What was your problem with it?

Part of me can even enjoy "Campi!" when I turn my brain off, what I hated the most was how "shallow" they made Erica x Godou's relationship .. when in the novels it's truly a strong bond forged through the hottest flames!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:17   Link #2143
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Yeah, compared to Campione!, Hidan no Aria anime is being more faithful than it. However, the final episode makes Vlad so lame...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:22   Link #2144
wen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
That's exactly what I said a few pages back.

All he needs is to take a few lessons from Erica, Liliana, Ena or Luo Hao and he'd be set against all human opponents. And all of them would be perfectly willing to train him, though Godou might be wary of what kind of reward they might demand in return...
The law of the world is always give and take. He learns how to fight (take) and lose his virginity (give).....
seems pretty fair to me
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:40   Link #2145
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
The law of the world is always give and take. He learns how to fight (take) and lose his virginity (give).....
seems pretty fair to me
Problem is lose it to who.... Just losing it to one probably trigger multiple death flags from others regardless Campione or not lol
Old 2012-07-27, 09:43   Link #2146
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
True, but isn't Godou still at the stage where he hasn't fully embraced being a Campione? Up until now, as far as I know, everything he's done is reactionary. That way, he can still avoid the reality of being a Campione, at least partly. Doing something proactive like asking for training would strip him of that illusion.

Similar to Kinji, I don't know why these kinds of protagonists keep trying holding on to their hopes for a normal life and try to reject the abnormal as much as they can.

You don't want to pick a girl? Fine, but lets not try to pretend that things are going to be the same again after you start beating up powerful enemies.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:51   Link #2147
Kadi
知識の探求者

"May you live in interesting times." - a Chinese curse. Being normal isn't so bad, you know? If I was told "You're a super-powerful hero, now go save the world", I'd be stumped, too.

And Godou has no problems picking. He just picks them all. He doesn't fuck them for other reasons.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:03   Link #2148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
"May you live in interesting times." - a Chinese curse. Being normal isn't so bad, you know? If I was told "You're a super-powerful hero, now go save the world", I'd be stumped, too.

"May you find what you're looking for." - I believe that's the other half.

If this was your first rodeo, nobody would blame you for being a fish out of water. But at the start of the story Godou was a Campione for at least 6 months already doing Campionish things. At some point you have to realize that things are never going to be normal for you anymore.

Actually you don't have to save the World, you can always be an Asshole Tyrant

A hero or a villain, but you can never go back to being Villager 'A'.

P.S - btw as a Chinese, I have never heard that so-called curse/proverb being uttered by anyone in my life before. And if it wasn't for American TV shows, I would never have know of it.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-27 at 10:16.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:20   Link #2149
Kadi
知識の探求者

Uhm... not quite right. V1 takes place no more than 6 weeks after Verethragna's death, of which four have been spent on school, no Erica around. By the time half a year has passed (more or less), Godou has gotten better. Slightly. I'm looking forward to what he will be like "in a few months".

And even if modern Chinese people don't use that proverb anymore, it's still a part of Chinese philosophy, right?
Old 2012-07-27, 10:23   Link #2150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Uhm... not quite right. V1 is no more than 6 weeks after Verethragna's death, of which four have been spent on school, no Erica around. By the time half a year has passed (more or less), Godou has gotten better. Slightly. I'm looking forward to what he will be like "in a few months".
I'm not questioning his skills, but tell me is he's more 'accepting' of his new life?

Quote:
And even if modern Chinese people don't use that proverb anymore, it's still a part of Chinese philosophy, right?
But it's not a 'curse', I've no idea why westerners would think that
Old 2012-07-27, 10:28   Link #2151
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Yet no one has ever identified the original Chinese quotation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you...eresting_times
Hence there is doubt over its authenticity and it is likely a western fabrication or distortion.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:44   Link #2152
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Hence there is doubt over its authenticity and it is likely a western fabrication or distortion.
Haha, I can totally imagine it being fabricated, but being Chinese myself I can imagine it having been said at one point too!

I must admit that I was thinking the other day (although not exactly applicable) but as a relatively well-off "self-made YUPPIE" no hero will fight to save my "way of life" or "protect my lifestyle" or could even imagine that I would be one of the civilians they were protecting.

Remember, peaceful and ordinary lives, like the average office worker, grocery store clerk, college student and mechanic - these are the existences that are deemed precious and valuable.. 平和のために
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:49   Link #2153
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm not questioning his skills, but tell me is he's more 'accepting' of his new life?
... yes, I think so. There are strong indicators in V9 and V12. Although he still does his usual "I'm normal/peaceful" schtick in the Drama CD (takes place between V10 and V12)... but that may partially be to introduce new listeners to one of Campione's standard comedy routines.

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-07-27 at 11:11.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:06   Link #2154
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I thought the Ram resembled the Sheep not a Goat
im lost in what you mean.

he has both the ram and goat.

the ram is ressurection that saves him all the time
the goat is lightning used against vorban.

Quote:

"may you live in interesting times"

^ how the hell is that a curse? Its saying may your life be fruitful and enjoying.. cuz its interesting?

It has to be a asian thing... its like in korean.

We use " I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD LIFE" or "You were born well"
But in the term we use it, its kinda derogatory...

I assume its the same thing in chinese...

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-07-27 at 13:08.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:47   Link #2155
nfsac

Does Athena return to that adult form of her again on the series?
Why did she die?
Hope she comes back...
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 14:08   Link #2156
Kadi
知識の探求者

Spoiler for Athena's end:

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-07-27 at 14:24.
Old 2012-07-27, 15:19   Link #2157
nukie
Junior Geek

Hiya guys n' gals, I'm new here, a quick question:
Spoiler for question about Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi":

Last edited by nukie; 2012-07-27 at 15:42.
nukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:24   Link #2158
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukie View Post
Hiya guys n' gals, I'm new here, a quick question: it was stated before that later Godou can use the currently broken Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, now how did it get fixed?
it was fixed at the end of vol.5

Also i think the boar smashed it when it was big.
After it lost, it reverted back to its sword form.
(assumption)

Anyhow at the end of vol.5 we assume its fixed, but it just wont respond to anyone including susanoo and ena, because it now belongs to godou.

Godou however got a 2 for 1 deal... he got Ena + the sword, instead of just Ena, like how susanoo wanted.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:42   Link #2159
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
"may you live in interesting times"

^ how the hell is that a curse? Its saying may your life be fruitful and enjoying.. cuz its interesting?

It has to be a asian thing... its like in korean.

We use " I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD LIFE" or "You were born well"
But in the term we use it, its kinda derogatory...

I assume its the same thing in chinese...
Interesting probably refers to changes, which can be good or bad.

Interesting times in Campione! probably means Godou fighting against Heretic Gods&other campiones, which he would rather avoid.
Another possibility is that a lot has changed in the Campione! world, with Salvatore&Godou becoming campiones in a short space of time, making the current timeline 'interesting', with Godou preferring the more 'boring times' (not having to risk his live fighting all the time).

This is just my interpretation though.
Old 2012-07-27, 15:45   Link #2160
nukie
Junior Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
it was fixed at the end of vol.5

Also i think the boar smashed it when it was big.
After it lost, it reverted back to its sword form.
(assumption)
Yes, that's true according to the LN already translated on BT, and from hints on vol 5's epilogue, it seems i have to wait for the next volume in chronological order to find out
nukie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem