AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-27, 06:34   Link #81
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I would say it's worth it to get it for the DS because of the nice extras and portability.
Old 2008-11-27, 17:00   Link #82
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
And yeah, Luminous Arc 2. That's another one I've been thinking about.
Between Luminous Arc 2 and replaying Chrono Trigger, I think getting Luminous Arc 2 would be a better choice. More over, it comes with an exclusive soundtrack and the packaging looks nice too. I am getting it after I finish my Luminous Arc, already near the end.. One thing I don't like about the DS is that it doesn't allow you to convert game saves.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:22   Link #83
kujoe
from head to heel

That's exactly why CT DS isn't exactly high on my radar right now, at least as far as DS games are concerned. There may be a new dungeon or a new ending, but I'd rather just watch those on youtube or something instead of playing it all over again.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 16:05   Link #84
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
That's exactly why CT DS isn't exactly high on my radar right now, at least as far as DS games are concerned. There may be a new dungeon or a new ending, but I'd rather just watch those on youtube or something instead of playing it all over again.
That's what I plan on doing with Star Ocean 3. After playing 300+ hours of the game, replayed it a few times, I am still missing 52% of the battle trophies and also several possible endings. I had to replay it midway the first time, because I didn't enable battle trophies, but after doing it a few times, I sort of lose interest in the idea of playing it again.

Personally, I hope there will be a DS version of Chrono Cross. I don't see why not, considering that Chrono Trigger had a remake after 3 released versions: SNES, PSX, anime ova. Chrono Cross only has the psx version.
Old 2008-11-29, 15:15   Link #85
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Quote:
That's because CC isn't about time travel per se. Rather, all the time traveling in CT leads to the creation of parallel worlds, which CC is more focused on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Every time you time travel to the future in Chrono Trigger, you can already see the results of your actions. Those results, and how the time travelling mechanic in the game works, point to a single timeline.
Both are right to a point.

Spoiler for spoilerish?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Personally, I hope there will be a DS version of Chrono Cross.
A PSP version seems more plausible. Cross was fine the way it was anyway, especially the gameplay. I'd take the stamina-based battle system over CT's perfect implementation of ATB any day of the week.
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:06   Link #86
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
A PSP version seems more plausible. Cross was fine the way it was anyway, especially the gameplay. I'd take the stamina-based battle system over CT's perfect implementation of ATB any day of the week.
Depends, since they could just put it up onto the psn shop, so i doubt they will port it. But i really would like to see a sprite based version on the DS ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:19   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel

Maybe in the Japanese PSN store.

Due to the regional circumstances involved in licensing and whatnot, the Japanese PSN store is leagues better than the US version in terms of PS titles, and even more when compared to the European one.

In fact, they already have Xenogears available for purchase already, so I really see no problem with making it available one day.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 15:40   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ever wonder what happens if you combine Robo's theme and Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up in the same video? This is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ20N6syuwc

Here's each of them seperately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWf_T0jdgQ

Robo's Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

In the immortal words of Mentok The Mindtaker, "Same song, Judgement is for the Plaintiff"
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 13:31   Link #89
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Maybe in the Japanese PSN store.

Due to the regional circumstances involved in licensing and whatnot, the Japanese PSN store is leagues better than the US version in terms of PS titles, and even more when compared to the European one.

In fact, they already have Xenogears available for purchase already, so I really see no problem with making it available one day.
I do know that the Japanese PSN store have much better free psp demos in comparison with the North American or Europe PSN stores.
Old 2008-12-07, 15:48   Link #90
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Having not finished it for the PS (I still have it somewhere XD), I'm glad to see this is coming to the DS. Means I can carry it around with me and actually finish it this time. :P
zSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 21:36   Link #91
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Ever wonder what happens if you combine Robo's theme and Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up in the same video? This is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ20N6syuwc

Here's each of them seperately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWf_T0jdgQ

Robo's Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

In the immortal words of Mentok The Mindtaker, "Same song, Judgement is for the Plaintiff"
Good Lord. I think I'll have to listen to that again.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote