AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 16:32   Link #6961
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
The heart of the cards is just something 4Kids took too far but still Yugi beating despite super troling powers is a CMOA.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:19   Link #6962
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
yet, we all watched and loved yugioh (and atem wasn't all that invincible,he lost against guardian eatos)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:52   Link #6963
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Speaking about 132th chapter, translators wrote on the 2nd page that they still don't know Yukuhashi's gender:
Spoiler for page:

But I've found a scan from the 7th volume that's pretty confirmed she's a girl:
Spoiler for picture:

Spoiler for bonus picture:
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 13:16   Link #6964
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
yet, we all watched and loved yugioh (and atem wasn't all that invincible,he lost against guardian eatos)
Yeah he was, the few times he really lost were filler episodes that weren't in the canon story to begin with, all the other times he trolled his way through with very highly circumstancial cards pulled at the most opportune times, and we all know why.

The dude cheated, on a daily basis it was a confirmed fact. My favourite character was always Kaiba.

Anyway I wonder how the 3 new girls are going to fit into this arc, will they be used as showcases for Zen's new ability or will they actually have a reasonably large effect on the election as a whole.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 13:41   Link #6965
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Speaking about 132th chapter, translators wrote on the 2nd page that they still don't know Yukuhashi's gender:
Regardless of what we might assume, that still doesn't confirm anything.
All it says is that oudo and yukuhashi are rather close.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 13:47   Link #6966
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Regardless of what we might assume, that still doesn't confirm anything.
All it says is that oudo and yukuhashi are rather close.
It's not really confirmation though the positioning of the towel and facial expression does hint towards it. If we saw boobs for certain then it pretty much is a confirmation unless we're going to argue whether she's a transexual.
Old 2012-02-14, 14:10   Link #6967
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
It's not really confirmation though the positioning of the towel and facial expression does hint towards it. l.
could just be a trap <- thus no hinting whatsoever. The text specifically uses gender-ambiguous pronouns when describing Yukuhashi, so we're meant to be confused.
Old 2012-02-14, 14:16   Link #6968
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
could just be a trap <- thus no hinting whatsoever. The text specifically uses gender-ambiguous pronouns when describing Yukuhashi, so we're meant to be confused.
Could be, but at this point noone would care, unless it gets a large amount of screen time between now until the end of the manga. Took me a bit of time to even remember who the hell it was. I thought the purpose of a trap was to troll.
Old 2012-02-14, 23:13   Link #6969
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Well, I think that we won't see her nude anytime soon...
At least we can hope for anime version and her voice (I hope that she won't be called trap this time).
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 03:39   Link #6970
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Yeah he was, the few times he really lost were filler episodes that weren't in the canon story to begin with, all the other times he trolled his way through with very highly circumstancial cards pulled at the most opportune times, and we all know why.

The dude cheated, on a daily basis it was a confirmed fact. My favourite character was always Kaiba.

Anyway I wonder how the 3 new girls are going to fit into this arc, will they be used as showcases for Zen's new ability or will they actually have a reasonably large effect on the election as a whole.
i would have read the manga if it would have been scanlated, but that's not even remotely close to the current situation. And spawning 220 episodes+ is a pretty big feat for any animated series (+ various follow up series)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 05:40   Link #6971
Westlo
Lets be reality

Color page inc next week after 3 weeks in the bottom 5, worst period in the rankings in a long time for Medaka Box... funny.. can someone else aside from Ajimu "help" end the manga before the anime...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 05:44   Link #6972
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Color page inc next week after 3 weeks in the bottom 5, worst period in the rankings in a long time for Medaka Box... funny.. I thought Jump liked underdogs, that's what Ajimu said.
No it's not, Medaka box has been always at or near the bottom five, in fact I'd wager it spends more time there than it does out. The last time it was there around before the anime annoucement, which obviously gave it a lot of hype. It just returned to it's default status.

Not that it matters, since it's volume sales that matter and it is about to have an anime launched.
Old 2012-02-15, 06:12   Link #6973
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
No it's not, Medaka box has been always at or near the bottom five, in fact I'd wager it spends more time there than it does out. The last time it was there around before the anime annoucement, which obviously gave it a lot of hype. It just returned to it's default status.
Are you serious or are you trolling? Ever since Kumagawa stole the spotlight the manga has been out of the bottom 5 and been in the midcard with occasional pushes to the Top 5.... and this was well before the anime.

Medaka Box ranked 5th, 7th, 6th & 8th for Issues 49-52 of 2010... just saying...

It was 6th actually, for the 3rd time in a row.
last June

The entire Not Equals arc was Top 10 with most of it being Top 8, that's over 20 chapters and before any hype for an anime could have an effect. And that's beside the point anyway since Kuroko which sells a lot more than Medaka Box had shit ratings when its anime got announced at the same time as Medaka.

This is the worst trot for Medaka Box in a long time period, you don't think editors aren't looking @ the contents of those chapters? Even powerful mangaka's can get pushed to end things quicker... see Bleach and its arc where it was constantly in the bottom 5. He clearly brought back the fan fav characters well before he intended to after his semi reboot of things was dragging the manga down in ratings and sales.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 06:21   Link #6974
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Are you serious or are you trolling? Ever since Kumagawa stole the spotlight the manga has been out of the bottom 5 and been in the midcard with occasional pushes to the Top 5.... and this was well before the anime.

Medaka Box ranked 5th, 7th, 6th & 8th for Issues 49-52 of 2010... just saying...

It was 6th actually, for the 3rd time in a row.
last June

The entire Not Equals arc was Top 10 with most of it being Top 8, that's over 20 chapters and before any hype for an anime could have an effect. And that's beside the point anyway since Kuroko which sells a lot more than Medaka Box had shit ratings when its anime got announced at the same time as Medaka.

This is the worst trot for Medaka Box in a long time period, you don't think editors aren't looking @ the contents of those chapters? Even powerful mangaka's can get pushed to end things quicker... see Bleach and its arc where it was constantly in the bottom 5. He clearly brought back the fan fav characters well before he intended to after his semi reboot of things was dragging the manga down in ratings and sales.
Again most of that was AFTER the anime announcement. Before then it was still near the bottom 5 routinely. It doesn't constantly stay in the bottom 5 it moves up and down quite a lot it just spends a heck of a lot of it's time there or near, though the few weeks prior to it was doing ok at around the middle rankings. Around august was the last time I saw it at the bottom five. Since then it's spent a lot of the time in the middle sometimes high.

It's just returned to it's august and before rankings.
Old 2012-02-15, 09:43   Link #6975
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Hm, I don't really care much about the rankings anymore. It can't possibly go much further beyond this arc (though I'm hoping there's some thing with Medaka's suitors)
Old 2012-02-15, 10:54   Link #6976
Sol Falling

Quote:
Color page inc next week after 3 weeks in the bottom 5, worst period in the rankings in a long time for Medaka Box... funny.. can someone else aside from Ajimu "help" end the manga before the anime...
Noticed this too, and thought it was pretty curious. Actually though, even two weeks before that, Medaka Box had just barely re-entered the bottom 5, and the week between that and these three latest rankings was another centre-colour. So basically, Medaka Box's ranked chapters have been in the bottom 5 for the past 5 weeks.

The chapters that these rankings correspond to are the ones immediately following Kumagawa's battle against Munakata (i.e. chapters 122, 124-126).

Quote:
Again most of that was AFTER the anime announcement. Before then it was still near the bottom 5 routinely. It doesn't constantly stay in the bottom 5 it moves up and down quite a lot it just spends a heck of a lot of it's time there or near, though the few weeks prior to it was doing ok at around the middle rankings. Around august was the last time I saw it at the bottom five. Since then it's spent a lot of the time in the middle sometimes high.

It's just returned to it's august and before rankings.
The ToC rankings are 8 weeks behind. So basically, if the anime announcement was made in late September, it wouldn't be until the start of December that "hype" from it would start showing up.

Medaka Box has been out of the bottom 5 for basically the entire period from August last year to January of this one (~5 1/2 months total), so it really has been doing well for quite a long period making these recent rankings a surprising dip. Hopefully it will pull out of it, though I am curious as to which aspects of the current eight chapters of already released material could potentially be able to do so.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 11:24   Link #6977
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Noticed this too, and thought it was pretty curious. Actually though, even two weeks before that, Medaka Box had just barely re-entered the bottom 5, and the week between that and these three latest rankings was another centre-colour. So basically, Medaka Box's ranked chapters have been in the bottom 5 for the past 5 weeks.

The chapters that these rankings correspond to are the ones immediately following Kumagawa's battle against Munakata (i.e. chapters 122, 124-126).

The ToC rankings are 8 weeks behind. So basically, if the anime announcement was made in late September, it wouldn't be until the start of December that "hype" from it would start showing up.

Medaka Box has been out of the bottom 5 for basically the entire period from August last year to January of this one (~5 1/2 months total), so it really has been doing well for quite a long period making these recent rankings a surprising dip. Hopefully it will pull out of it, though I am curious as to which aspects of the current eight chapters of already released material could potentially be able to do so.
8 weeks are you certain of that?
Old 2012-02-15, 11:43   Link #6978
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
8 weeks are you certain of that?
It's a rough estimate.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:46   Link #6979
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
It's a rough estimate.
I always assumed it was 4-6. And how can it be a rough estimate, surely their would have been some markers that would confirm the delay between rankings and release. If not what's that estimate based on?
Old 2012-02-15, 11:49   Link #6980
2xj

were do you guys find the rankings at
2xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council