AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-01, 14:43   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kiss kiss, shiteru~yo!

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:18   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like. A gentle mood strongly established. Interestingly clear but understated emotions. Liked the feeling of a school, with all the different people doing their different things. Liked the characters, including the ones we got only a taste of.

Liked Itou Shizuka as Morishima-senpai. Loved Maeno Tomoaki as the lead. For a moment, I thought it was Fukuyama Jun. Enjoyed that final scene between them: seemed so natural and realistic.
Spoiler for ep1:
So far, I think director Hiraike Yoshimasa is following up on his nice work with Working.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-01 at 16:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:58   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2010-07-01, 17:26   Link #84
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To be honest I haven't watched this yet, just looking at the thread when I saw this on today's schedule. From reading the previous pages it seems interesting, and I particularly love the omnibus approach they're taking. Not only will it avoid shipping wars, I'm hoping for a 'for want of a nail'/butterfly effect scenario, wherein a seemingly worthless yet different action from the protagonist can cause him to end up with a different girl (Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case for the latter, and quite possibly for the former as well later on the road).

Nevertheless, I'm going to use the omnibus format and wait for a month to be able to enjoy one specific girl's full story in one sitting. While waiting, this seems to be an anime I wouldn't bother getting spoiled so I'll read the reactions and comments as well, and from what I've seen it seems good so far.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:39   Link #85
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Too many cliches in the first episode that made me goes "eh where have i seen this scene before..." ..well as expected from a harem romance genre.

Anyway good start for ep 1....i like the male lead's imouto so much, my dream imouto...won't come true anyway TwT

P/s : Good animation! Almost to the level of KyoAni's background style and JC's character style. Wait...did other studio helps AIC in the production too?
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:54   Link #86
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Having enjoyed KimiKiss before just because it was a rather different take on the harem-type animes, and seeing the first episode of Amagami, I'm definitely looking forward to watching this. And, seeing the order that will take place in seeing a different perspective on each of the girls, it's going to be interesting to watch and see how they pull this off. I've actually enjoyed the first episode, the animation and OP/ED songs are good too.

I wish I knew enough written and spoken Japanese to play the PS3 game and read the manga.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:21   Link #87
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The first episode does feel a bit 'average' so to speak. Nothing really exciting took place, even by the standards of the cliches the first episode used. But I feel that was part of its charm in that 'normal, but gentle' atmosphere. Really, even live-action nowadays tend to be more flamboyant and pronounced than the kind of atmosphere Amagami has, for good and bad.

Spoiler for Junichi:

Nothing good, nothing bad either going in, but episode 1 was really nothing more than an introductory episode so it's too early to say anything.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:13   Link #88
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Decent first episode. It had a nice and calm atmosphere which felt soothing, but at the same time.. very bland. Other than that, the seiyuu were excellent as usual. Wish I had more to say, but the first episode didn't leave any kind of strong impression on me.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 22:28   Link #89
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

What a great voice cast. I find all the main girls all pretty likable already which is pretty rare.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 23:57   Link #90
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Decent first episode for the series good animation too, and I liked ED pretty well, and OP was nice too. Should be an interesting series to follow. Also Morishima already looks to a good character from this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
What a great voice cast. I find all the main girls all pretty likable already which is pretty rare.
Agreed on that.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 00:12   Link #91
karuroso

Oh man...after reading The World God Only Knows that kind of series doesn't feel the same anymore, i always keep thinking "if he was like Keima, what should he do to capture her" D=

Anyway i liked the first epi, nice OP, Shizu-sama =D and a really good character design and i'm curious to see how that passing through all routes will be.

Last edited by karuroso; 2010-07-02 at 03:49.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 00:30   Link #92
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I think this series had a decent start. I also like the voice cast for this anime. Not to mention, the animation quality is pretty nice too. However, I kinda wish that the main protagonist had other good qualities about him other than being a "nice" person... D=
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 01:24   Link #93
Preacher

Hatsukoi Limited 2

Not really impressed with the show, but its watchable and calm, though doesn't really have any outstanding qualities, so i probably would drop it in a few episodes (thats just my quirks - dont like episodic shows switching from character to character as Hatsukoi and Amagami. Funy thing, i dont mind manga one shots and episodic stories, but dislike animes made like that).

Its nice. Its good to watch when no other options are there, but its not "exciting" to see more or to learn more about the characters (even Kimi ni Todoke that was imho huge qualitative drop from Honey and Clover plank, was more captivating).
Old 2010-07-02, 02:06   Link #94
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like the first episode and Morishima-senpai really smart to reject him for first episode .
But i feel this series similar with school days :P .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 03:34   Link #95
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

One episode in and we already see his heart getting broken two times. Poor guy.

Really liking Haruka so far. She's voiced by one of my favorites VA, Shizuka Itou, and damn sexy legs. Funny that both shows of the season that aired so far feature Shizuka Itou voicing the main female character, and they both get confessed to and reject the male main character.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:55   Link #96
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I thought the first ep was rather enjoyable - it is clean and simple, and within the simplicity lied it's charm. Nothing over the top, nothing overdramatic, just a peaceful presentation that was easy on the eyes and mind, with a likable cast of characters. My one slight complaint would be how fast he decided to confess to her (He has met her like what ...two times ? No wonder that she turned him down really ... though can't blame him for trying either, as she was giving off some signals of being potentially interested), but i can live with that. Back in to the closet or not, we are obviously not done with sempai yet though, so will be interesting to see how things will develop. (And if all else fails, it doesn't seem like he would be short on female friends ).

There does seem to be a whole plethora of girls involved though ... i guess there is no chance this would be like Hatsukoi and everything will orbit around only Junichi ... a bit of a shame, but we shall see, i am interested in seeing how they are going to manage handling the aspect of such a large female cast and one guy, in a non-comedy setting.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:59   Link #97
ZODDGUTS

First ep was enjoyable it didn't exactly blow me out of the water but still good enough to like it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 04:01   Link #98
iceyfw

AIC animation studio pleasing my eye so far. i never expected the guy to confess and get rejected so fast in the first episode. it looks like i can expect the unexpected will happen in these romance stories for each heroine. i'd rather let them tell the story and subplots this way instead of another kimi kiss fiasco. no offense to anyone who liked the way they adapted kimi kiss.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 05:38   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Great start. Does a good job at introducing all the girls apart from one, and jumps straight into the first path that is the ever so beautiful Haruka. I'm glad the order isn't the same as the on going manga versions that i'm reading, because it makes for a great spin.

Kaoru's hair animated is so *_____*.

It's such a crime there's no imouto or teacher route.
Old 2010-07-02, 05:39   Link #100
pampz21
ShipCore

if the guy turned ot like guy in school days ill fukin wont watch drama related anime evr again

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen