AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 09:04   Link #221
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
I wouldn't worry too much... it appears Funi have been busy behind the scenes

Funimation picked up 30 odd ADV titles, including Kanon, as well as a chunk of Geneon titles.

-Andiyar
Old 2008-07-04, 09:26   Link #222
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Heh yeah, just saw that and was coming back to edit my post. Release will probably still be delayed but at long as it's coming out it makes no difference to me.
Old 2008-07-04, 15:17   Link #223
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Thank-goodness for Funimation!
They picked up both Kanon and Higurashi. I better start saving up xD
Old 2008-07-04, 16:02   Link #224
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Thanks andiyar; I had to read the articles and the related forum threads before being able to believe it

All I can afford at the moment is the Kanon 6 DVD, but at least I can start saving for the other goodies, if/when they get released. It does seem that FUNi has a lot on its plate atm...

At least I can feel grateful that someone stepped in and picked up the ball (if that's not mixing my metaphors )...
Old 2008-07-04, 18:15   Link #225
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
I wouldn't worry too much... it appears Funi have been busy behind the scenes

Funimation picked up 30 odd ADV titles, including Kanon, as well as a chunk of Geneon titles.

-Andiyar
Wow, not only does Funimation saves Geneon, but they also save ADV as well....man this really says a lot and that is, Funimation is a really strong anime distributor.
I guess Bandai Ent. and Funimation are the only strong companies out there that can distribute their DVDs with no trouble.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:03   Link #226
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I have a question, because they did the same thing with the AMG season 2 DVD's, but luckily they did put out the last volume.

Anyway for kanon, is funimation going to redub the whole thing from episode 1 or are they just going to release volume 6 when they finish?
Old 2008-07-08, 00:45   Link #227
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

^ My guess from reading the couple of ANN articles is that they plan to distribute DVD 6 as is.

For instance, and using their acquisition of the Geneon rights as an example, they are going to be releasing the Rozen Maiden and Higurashi singles as they were handled already by Geneon's studios.

Since the ADV material is already completed and the disks likely already done, all that needs to be done (probably) is sticking the "FUNimation" logos onto the DVDs and cover art.

But I'll hazard a guess that sooner or later, they'll do a complete thinpak for Kanon since the ADV artbox will likely be discontinued.

Please note: these are all just guesses
Old 2008-07-10, 18:26   Link #228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah.. that would explain my Kanon volume 6 not arriving and dvdpacific putting it on backorder.... and that Rightstuff now lists it as being available "Dec 12 2012" when the world ends

I suppose i shouldn't overly gripe since Funimation is poised to continue the "in limbo since last year" Karin series from Geneon's demise. I'll feel safer when I see the Kanon v6 availability pop back up on the pre-order screens.

Quote:
Wow, not only does Funimation saves Geneon, but they also save ADV as well
I'll have to dispute that or at least call it poorly worded. Funimation picked up viable titles that needed saving. Geneon and ADV were not "saved" ....

This industry needs to understand better how to deliver the product people want in a profitable way. It seems this is a shake out of those companies that don't understand (though Geneon was taken down more by "not enough profit for the overlords" whereas ADV seems to be falling in its own septic tank).

I see too many examples of very low volume products that survive in various industries quite nicely even with expensive initial capitalization. Perhaps Funimation will do well simply because they dominate the market and make more careful choices about which titles to dub or not, which titles to thinpak or not, which titles are "special interest" (extra low volume) to price accordingly, and so on.

Edit: I've officially gotten notice my ADV Kanon v.6 is kaput.... now to pre-order the Funi Kanon v.6 .... or when they allow it...

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-07-26 at 03:39.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:25   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meh, its been a month so double post....

Kanon volume 6 as produced by Funimation is now available for pre-order online at your favorite retailers. (and all the rest as well).
Old 2008-08-13, 19:09   Link #230
Xanas

Send a message via ICQ to Xanas Send a message via AIM to Xanas Send a message via MSN to Xanas Send a message via Yahoo to Xanas
Order from TRSI/RightStuf.com if you can, they'll probably ship sooner than the release date, or normally do for Funimation stuff.
Old 2008-10-03, 22:12   Link #231
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I finally got both volumes 5 & 6 this week!

Volume 5 still had the ADV label, while volume 6 had the Funimation label; other than the company change, nothing else was different between the two volumes.

Old 2009-02-03, 07:20   Link #232
einhorn303

Now Funimation needs to reprint the earlier volumes.

It's nearly impossible to find volumes 4 or 5 anywhere...and I can't really watch the show until I can actually complete it.

orz.
Old 2009-02-03, 22:49   Link #233
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Now Funimation needs to reprint the earlier volumes.

It's nearly impossible to find volumes 4 or 5 anywhere...and I can't really watch the show until I can actually complete it.

orz.
Have you tried online stores like rightstuf.com?

Old 2009-02-04, 13:32   Link #234
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Have you tried online stores like rightstuf.com?

Oh yeah, they don't have vol. 5. Currently listed as "Product Availability - Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping" even though it came out many months ago...
Old 2009-02-05, 13:32   Link #235
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Oh yeah, they don't have vol. 5. Currently listed as "Product Availability - Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping" even though it came out many months ago...
I heard that they ARE apparently going to reprint volume 5, so that's probably why.

...Anyway, I'll probably just get the boxset coming out in the end of April, seeing how I never got any of the singles. (Which I really wish I did, if nothing else for the most likely much better packaging.)
Old 2009-02-05, 22:51   Link #236
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...Anyway, I'll probably just get the boxset coming out in the end of April, seeing how I never got any of the singles. (Which I really wish I did, if nothing else for the most likely much better packaging.)
Ahhh, there we go, that's what I was waiting for. Foolish me, I can't believe I didn't notice the announcement or solicitation of that.
Closed Thread