Just one word for Episode 3: AWWWWW!!!
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:21   Link #202
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
P.S. If Lotte X Naoya is "dead' this can only mean... a different human will be joining the harem soon one closer to Astarotte's age... .
If this happens Naoya will soon have to pay more attention to the daughter, to avoid her being swept away by the new child.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:05   Link #203
hoarfrost

I have to say, once they dropped the harem plot point, this is a pretty laid back and enjoyable show. I was totally prepared to dislike this and now I'm pleasantly surprised. Naoya is a pretty cool domestic father type (seem to be popular in anime in recent years) and Lotte is much less of a brat than she could be.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:26   Link #204
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
once they dropped the harem plot point, this is a pretty laid back and enjoyable show.
Everyone familiar with the story before the anime started was saying this, and banging their heads on their keyboards because noone listed.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:36   Link #205
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Everyone familiar with the story before the anime started was saying this, and banging their heads on their keyboards because noone listed.
Well you can hardly blame people given how it was advertised, but it's hardly important now.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 23:25   Link #206
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Asuha is ten years old and Naoya is 23. How the hell could he possibly have a kid when he was 13???
Old 2011-04-24, 23:35   Link #207
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Asuha is ten years old and Naoya is 23. How the hell could he possibly have a kid when he was 13???
Given the lack of Asuha's mother the obvious not so pleasantly answer comes to mind...
Spoiler for ...:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 23:49   Link #208
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Loved this series so far. It's very heart-warming. Lotte is not as tsundere as I thought she'd be. Seeing Asuha and Lotte bring a smile to my face. I really wish I could have a daughter like that
Old 2011-04-25, 00:39   Link #209
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Well you can hardly blame people given how it was advertised, but it's hardly important now.
Possibly true, but most blog 'previews' I saw before the season started seemed to be copypastes of the synopsis from bakaupdates.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 01:37   Link #210
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Naoya is going to win Best Daddy award at this rate. He's really gentle and understands what kids need. Just look how he brought up a super energetic daughter despite having no mother figure around speaks volume about his aptitude as a dad.

Episode 1 was a poor start but episode 2 and 3 now are really heartwarming. There's really no pedo involved contrary to the theme. Lotte just wants friends and a family. Now 5-8 years down the line I don't know, Lotte might just jump him. XD But right now, it's about parental love.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 02:16   Link #211
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The last part of episode 3 kind of reminded me of Hanamaru Youchien. Don't know exactly why, probably for the background when they were outside at school, all that green and the different hair colours, plus the group of close kids (ok they were toddlers in Hanamaru but that's not the point) providing heartwarming moments together. Astarotte is less close minded than how she was presented at the beginning, especially for the "immediately realizes her own mistakes" part, but also because at the end she only needs the affection of a family and from kids around her age.

Tamura Yukari sure knows very well how to portray a charismatic character, independently from the char's age. Asuha's voice was certainly wisely chosen.
Old 2011-04-25, 09:26   Link #212
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Another great episode of the series. Truth to be said, i was kind of skeptical about this show when it was 1st announced, Especially when KR ( nothing against her, honestly ) was named as the VA . But now i'm totally glad i stuck with the show

the 3rd episode is also certainly very charming indeed. Asuha's VA did a great job in that her voice isn't too sharp or annoying. Naoya might just be one of my favourite protagonists after all.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:47   Link #213
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Fascinating they upped the age to the age of consent in the anime when in the manga it was 12.

As for the question has the birds and the bees been explained to you? Basically that.

For those who have read the manga keep mum as it is spoilers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:00   Link #214
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Fascinating they upped the age to the age of consent in the anime when in the manga it was 12.
Actually no.
He had the sexual intercourse when he was 12, but the kid was born when he was 13, so the age is correct.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 21:26   Link #215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Given the lack of Asuha's mother the obvious not so pleasantly answer comes to mind...
Spoiler for ...:
Well that pretty much was my initial guess when watching this episode. I mean it doesn't seem like he'd be the type of kid to fool around when that young so really the only option left....

Anyways Asuha really is a fun character. She just brings so much energy to the series and makes things happen. Plus she gets some great reactions out of Lotte. Whether it was that blowing in her ear in class or the kiss at the end of the episode. Should be fun to see what she'll do as the series goes on. Of course will also have to follow the everlasting battle of Naoya trying to make Asuha wear her underwear .
Old 2011-04-27, 04:18   Link #216
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It was surprising that Asuha is the daughter instead of the sister lol
Guess Naoya was raped or first time with no CD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 04:51   Link #217
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Why should Naoya get raped in order to have sex, that's just twisted, humans can be both sexually active at 12 and are responsible for their actions, and it was not that uncommon the the past and even in present... this neo-conservative mentality is becoming idiotically annoying by imposing its immaturity and irresponsibility onto anyone
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:56   Link #218
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I think rape would be a pretty hardcore line for this show to follow, once you get past a 10yo developing a need for semen this show is too cute for a rape storyline.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:46   Link #219
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Why should Naoya get raped in order to have sex, that's just twisted, humans can be both sexually active at 12 and are responsible for their actions, and it was not that uncommon the the past and even in present... this neo-conservative mentality is becoming idiotically annoying by imposing its immaturity and irresponsibility onto anyone
The only other logical reasoning for him to be a single parent to me then at that age, would be that Asuha's mother died at child birth or something which doesn't quite seem as likely to me .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:15   Link #220
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 03

Ah episode 03. Judi seems like the hardest worker in the palace, and her surprise at Naoya's daughter was fun. I would like to note, I hadn't noticed before, but Rotte has one heck of a throne

The school. Wow, with a built in zoo and all, I just love the soothing colors. I like how Rotte's tail gave away her position to Asuha, but the LlamaCamelDingDong animal was hilarious. I just can't get myself to mimic that voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Naoya is going to win Best Daddy award at this rate. He's really gentle and understands what kids need. Just look how he brought up a super energetic daughter despite having no mother figure around speaks volume about his aptitude as a dad.
Yeah, Naoya really can win the Best Daddy award and for that matter Best Single Parent Upbringing as well except for the part where he doesn't know how to get her to wear some pantsu

Quote:
Here's a hint: flashback in episode 01 (or was that #2 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Tamura Yukari sure knows very well how to portray a charismatic character, independently from the char's age. Asuha's voice was certainly wisely chosen.
Definitely a good portrayal so far. I've still got Moetan's voice ringing in my ears, but Asuha's version is more serious and friendly.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen