AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 07:52   Link #1741
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Shiro/Weismann has his original body in cryo. The Gold King has it.

He is obviously coming back like that. Colorless king ditched his body when the blimp exploded. Gold King retrieved it. It seemed to be in good shape.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:55   Link #1742
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I am pretty sure it was Lord of The Ring's reference.
So then it's a misspelling of "gollum".. In which case, I don't really get the reference. How does the fox guy equate to a pathetic little creature with an obsession with jewellery?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:58   Link #1743
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This series was a bit of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, the setting was interesting, the plot was good and the characters were fun; and on the other, there was a serious lack of exposition, the pacing was horrid, and the focus on some characters (Yata and Fushimi, I'm looking at you) was questionable. The end result is not bad, but it could have been infinitely better.

The ending was fairly predictable. Shirou sacrificed himself (I'm sure he'll be back though) and Mikoto had to be killed because he went past the point of no return. It's sad Mikoto was obsessed with revenge to the point he discarded his subordinates and eventually his own life. Poor Anna still needed him! I suppose it goes to show how much he cared for Tatara. Still, I wish he had given up on revenge for the sake of the other people who cared about him. His actions, while understandable, were very selfish.

I'm glad there will be another season. While the first season didn't leave any loose ends per say, there is still much to learn and see about the K world, starting with the two remaining Kings. It would have been a shame to end the story there.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:59   Link #1744
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So then it's a misspelling of "gollum".. In which case, I don't really get the reference. How does the fox guy equate to a pathetic little creature with an obsession with jewellery?
black king suffer from the same "split personality as gollum, u see him talking with himself due to he absorbed too much peoples souls, his power is to possess peoples body and soul if his last too much long inside a person his soul become permanently party of fox soul, but looks like that soul become a type of "second personality" like gollum was whenever he is alone and start to talk with self like is talking with another true person, this based on what waissmann told driven fox insane for aborsb too much peoples he showing signal he dont know anymore who is is trueself.

why i still see peoples keep calling colorless king white and even silver???? while was definitly showed who he is black??, black sword, kuro ex-black vassall nick name "black dog".

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-28 at 10:10.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:22   Link #1745
ookamigirl

Finally, the end is here.
This anime looked very promising with their powers and conflicts.
It's sad that it turned out mediocre with the accents on wrong things.
Final episode was somewhat interesting with nice action scenes.
Still... it's a shame we didn't have many of those instead of endless dialogues.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:25   Link #1746
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
why i still see peoples kalling calling colorless king white and even silver???? while was definitly showed who is black??, black sword, kuro ex-black vassall nick name "black dog".
What I don't get is why you're insisting on black king. The sword wasn't black, if you look at it in other shots (such as the scene with two naked Shiros) it's gray-ish. Which is pretty much the closest to "colorless" you can get without using white, but that's Shiro/Weissmann's color.

As for Kurou, one, he said himself that his master Miwa was the former Colorless King. He's a bit dumb but not so stupid as to mistake his former King's color. (Btw, Miwa being a Colorless King is also confirmed by supplementary materials.) Also, his sword is not black, the sheath is. And his nickname, that's a play on words: his name has the kanji for "dog" and it sounds similar to "kuro"="black" (except Kurou's name has a long "o"). Hence, black dog. Kurou has a black theme as a contrast with Shiro's white. Not saying he can't end up as a Black King, but as for his master, it was Colorless.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:35   Link #1747
Gohan78
Awakened One

"K" was a decent series overall. Excellent animation and voice work, interesting setting. The main problem was that the setting was too grandiose and the cast too large for a one-cours series. They didn't have time to explore all of the characters (I know that a lot of them are featured in the side novels but I am talking about the anime only).
I would've especially liked a flashback about Reisi and Mikoto's friendship, because it was weird seeing Reisi being so worried for Mikoto when we never saw them on friendly terms before.
Also, they mentioned seven Kings but the Green one and the White(?) one never showed up. This violates one of the golden rules of storytelling. I hope we'll get to see them in the second season.

I found the ending a bit too predictable, almost by-the-book. The Red King died as foreshadowed since the first episode; Shiro sacrificed himself to kill the Fox as expected (although he is definitely going to come back some way).
We never knew the Colorless King's original identity or why he became so obsessed with power. He wasn't a very compelling villain and the last-ditch effort to make him pitiable didn't work for me.

Concluding, I enjoyed the show and will definitely follow the second season but K won't get into my Top 10 anime list of 2012.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:46   Link #1748
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
What I don't get is why you're insisting on black king. The sword wasn't black, if you look at it in other shots (such as the scene with two naked Shiros) it's gray-ish. Which is pretty much the closest to "colorless" you can get without using white, but that's Shiro/Weissmann's color.

As for Kurou, one, he said himself that his master Miwa was the former Colorless King. He's a bit dumb but not so stupid as to mistake his former King's color. (Btw, Miwa being a Colorless King is also confirmed by supplementary materials.) Also, his sword is not black, the sheath is. And his nickname, that's a play on words: his name has the kanji for "dog" and it sounds similar to "kuro"="black" (except Kurou's name has a long "o"). Hence, black dog. Kurou has a black theme as a contrast with Shiro's white. Not saying he can't end up as a Black King, but as for his master, it was Colorless.
omg u say who this:

is gray??? and this( even if this dark color is"gray"(omg u need change your glasses fast or start to use one) gray not = to white):

look to the "black aura" around the sword, blue sword with a light blue aura, silver sword with a silver aura, black sword with a black aura, strange sword with a red aura, u know the black's definition?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
"K" was a decent series overall. Excellent animation and voice work, interesting setting. The main problem was that the setting was too grandiose and the cast too large for a one-cours series. They didn't have time to explore all of the characters (I know that a lot of them are featured in the side novels but I am talking about the anime only).
I would've especially liked a flashback about Reisi and Mikoto's friendship, because it was weird seeing Reisi being so worried for Mikoto when we never saw them on friendly terms before.
Also, they mentioned seven Kings but the Green one and the White(?) one never showed up. This violates one of the golden rules of storytelling. I hope we'll get to see them in the second season.

I found the ending a bit too predictable, almost by-the-book. The Red King died as foreshadowed since the first episode; Shiro sacrificed himself to kill the Fox as expected (although he is definitely going to come back some way).
We never knew the Colorless King's original identity or why he became so obsessed with power. He wasn't a very compelling villain and the last-ditch effort to make him pitiable didn't work for me.

Concluding, I enjoyed the show and will definitely follow the second season but K won't get into my Top 10 anime list of 2012.
I think like shiro told the fox king backfire driven him insane, him constantly absorbing soul (who become a sort of second consciousness), make him forget who he is true and maybe he absorbed some bad "guys" too, givim him a evil side.

definitly K entered on mine top 10 animes of this season in second place, first place being chuunibyou, a fun factor is see who some ppls on the start claimed this anime being a trash a total homo promo and now who he ended i dont see no one come and still saying the same or even say who this anime is yaoi.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-28 at 10:09.
Old 2012-12-28, 10:17   Link #1749
kuromitsu

....yes, it's gray? On the first pic most of it that we see is in shadow, which is why it looks black, but the parts that are hit by light are not black. On the second pic it's far away, and how on earth do you do a "colorless" aura anyway? Btw, going by your logic, Mikoto's not the Red King either because his sword isn't actually red. It's either gold/copper-ish, as shown in ep 1, or grey, as shown in ep 13. It's the gem in it that's red. Same with Reishi: his sword is not actually blue, it's steel-gray. It just has a blue gem in it. Shiro/Weissmann's sword is silver-ish with gems for all colors (fits since he's the first king) and I don't think we've taken a good look at the gem in Foxy's sword.

Also, if you remember Reishi talking to Kurou about the Colorless King, the Colorless King is not supposed to be very powerful on his own, but is a wild card. Well, Foxy is not particularly powerful on his own, his only power is the ability to possess people. (Compare that to Reishi and Mikoto...) So he tried to possess Weissmann to get his power (except he screwed up), and also, this is why he wanted to possess Mikoto and Reishi, and eventually all the others. So he can be the most powerful.
Old 2012-12-28, 10:33   Link #1750
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
....yes, it's gray? On the first pic most of it that we see is in shadow, which is why it looks black, but the parts that are hit by light are not black. On the second pic it's far away, and how on earth do you do a "colorless" aura anyway? Btw, going by your logic, Mikoto's not the Red King either because his sword isn't actually red. It's either gold/copper-ish, as shown in ep 1, or grey, as shown in ep 13. It's the gem in it that's red. Same with Reishi: his sword is not actually blue, it's steel-gray. It just has a blue gem in it. Shiro/Weissmann's sword is silver-ish with gems for all colors (fits since he's the first king) and I don't think we've taken a good look at the gem in Foxy's sword.

Also, if you remember Reishi talking to Kurou about the Colorless King, the Colorless King is not supposed to be very powerful on his own, but is a wild card. Well, Foxy is not particularly powerful on his own, his only power is the ability to possess people. (Compare that to Reishi and Mikoto...) So he tried to possess Weissmann to get his power (except he screwed up), and also, this is why he wanted to possess Mikoto and Reishi, and eventually all the others. So he can be the most powerful.
ok u dont see who the bright parts of the sword are due to the light inside of shiro bright then? the parts where the light dont touch are clear "dark", man i'm done with u, just let's wait second season and hope for"white and green kings" pop-up and see what u go say to explain...

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-28 at 10:46.
Old 2012-12-28, 10:33   Link #1751
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So I guess this is the end of K. But I wonder...

Spoiler for Preview for next season.:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 10:47   Link #1752
kuromitsu

Quote:
ok u dont see whot eh bright parts of the sword are due to the light inside of shiro bright then? the parts whre the light dont touch are clear "dark", man i'm done with u, just let's wait second season and hope for"white and green kings" pop-up and see what u go say to explain...
I see you conveniently ignored the part about Mikoto and Reishi's swords not being their respective color either...

Also, I'm not sure what you're trying to hint at with white and green, but there's no white king. White is silver. Green, though? Going by Kurou's explanation and the gems on Weissmann's sword, there is a green king.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:07   Link #1753
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
I see you conveniently ignored the part about Mikoto and Reishi's swords not being their respective color either...

Also, I'm not sure what you're trying to hint at with white and green, but there's no white king. White is silver. Green, though? Going by Kurou's explanation and the gems on Weissmann's sword, there is a green king.

order: red--> silver/white --> black -->green --> golden(of course golden look much more yellow --> blue

omg man u More and more you contradict.

shiro sword with all gem u can see in order:up to down:
top:green
between green and silver: little black gem(if u watch again in step by step u can see the black before start to bright
left: red
middle: silver
right: blue
in the bladed part of the sword near midle: golden
in the very bottom white

a good exemple is golden king whenever is showed the golden color(sword and bottles) was used yellow but is told who is gold.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:18   Link #1754
kuromitsu

...dude.

There are 7 kings altogether. Including Colorless who is the 7th.

There are 7 spice jars on the table. Red (paprika), white=silver (white pepper), colorless (salt), green (basil), black (black pepper), yellow=gold (tumeric) and blue (...sugar, well, the lid is blue).

Weissmann is the Silver King. That's hakugin no ou. 白銀. 白. When Weissmann gets body swapped and loses his memories, he does make up a name on the spot but asks people to call him Shiro. 白 again. White is "part of" silver.

Kurou may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but there's no way he would mistake the color and number of his master whom he idolized. Miwa Ichigen was the 7th, Colorless King. Who died, and left Kurou with a mission to kill his successor if he proved to be evil. Btw, wasn't Miwa's power the ability to predict the future? He predicted that the next Colorless King would be evil, hence Kurou's mission.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-28 at 11:28.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:31   Link #1755
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

why i still see peoples keep calling colorless king white and even silver???? while was definitly showed who he is black??, black sword, kuro ex-black vassall nick name "black dog".
I seriously think you need to relax...

Kuro's name is black dog becuase well...that's play on his name...

The Colorless's sword is not black. That's shadow more than anything else.

The most compelling argument for Colorless being Black is the aura but then, a colorless aura would also distort the air making it resemble something as shown.

It's safer to just leave the Colorless as being colorless rather than insist he's black without any really solid info. He could be black but that isn't fully confirmed
Old 2012-12-28, 11:40   Link #1756
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The main divisions of the color spectrum.

Violet
indigo
Blue
Green
Yellow
Orange
Red

White is the mixture of all colors
Black is the absence of color

Magenta isn't a real color. Violet mixed with Red... minus green or something.

Gold king is the oldest and most politically powerful... he's sort of near the center of the spectrum if he's actually yellow.

Colorless king is the black king. If he were the "crystal king" he'd be called transparent, glass, crystal, or diamond.

What is Kuroh? He shouldn't have powers if his king died.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:52   Link #1757
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dunno if reliable or not...

According to 2ch, interview said the sequel main protags will be Green and Black

You realize transparent is not a color either?
Old 2012-12-28, 11:55   Link #1758
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Dunno if reliable or not...

According to 2ch, interview said the sequel main protags will be Green and Black

You realize transparent is not a color either?
New colorless king? Flashback arc? Ichigen Miwa as black king?

How did Ichigen Miwa die? Was he the fox?

Will Kuroh be new black or silver king?

Green could be the second most powerful, right in the middle of the spectrum.
Old 2012-12-28, 11:57   Link #1759
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

.............IS THAT IT!!!!!!!!!!! really!!!???

Dammit
Old 2012-12-28, 12:01   Link #1760
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
New colorless king? Flashback arc? Ichigen Miwa as black king?

How did Ichigen Miwa die? Was he the fox?

Will Kuroh be new black or silver king?

Green could be the second most powerful, right in the middle of the spectrum.
Speculation has it that Green is mighty strong...like I said, having not seen the "interview" in question myself I'm not 100% certain on what they are saying.

Don't think Ichigen is the fox unless he's been pulling a major con all along.

Neither should Silver change hands if its ability is "unchangingness." Seems quite incredulous for Weissmann to be dead

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural