AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Which order do you think is the best way to watch?
As aired on T.V. 254 53.93%
Chronological order 139 29.51%
"Ep 0" first, then Chronological order 58 12.31%
Random Order 12 2.55%
Some different order (please specify) 8 1.70%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-15, 17:14   Link #61
Ero-Espada

I personally prefer the Airing order because its a part of the Anime story, i was really confused when i first watched this anime becuase i thought "Did the website i download it from number the eps wrong?!" then i noticed it was just a wierdly written story
Old 2006-10-27, 10:56   Link #62
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
The Haruhi order doesnt make any sense at all. How the heck can u watch Lone Island Syndrome II first...

My conclusion is that the point of Haruhi's order and the interaction with Kyon is to further reinforce the view that without Kyon, Haruhi would swing wildly out of control, thus the world will be destroyed and remade many times over. With Haruhi selecting and subsequently interacting with Kyon, the human race is able to evolve at a slow, controlled pace and develop both knowledge and supposedly supernatural powers while the laws of physics are obeyed, but subsequently linking up with more discovered laws slowly.

In a nutshell, Kyon is the voice of reason and is correct most of the time but he is useless to the human race without Haruhi. Haruhi on the other hand has great potential for our auto-evolution, but will destroy us and our world without Kyon's help.

Otherwise Haruhi wud juz blow through entire chunks of the laws of physics without any proper connections, possibly creating a horrendously chaotic world. It is already said by Koizumi that huge blue giants cannot exist due to their weight. Thus godzilla cannot exist, but ants CAN carry loads of up to 50 times their body weight. This is the properties of the initial world She has created, and for it to be lost would be a sad thing indeed.

About trust, from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_%28sociology%29

Quote:
1. Placement of trust allows actions that otherwise are not possible.

2. If the person in whom trust is placed (trustee) is trustworthy, then the trustor will be better off than if he or she had not trusted. Conversely, if the trustee is not trustworthy, then the trustor will be worse off than if he or she had not trusted.

3. Trust is an action that involves the voluntary placement of resources (physical, financial, intellectual, or temporal) at the disposal of the trustee with no real commitment from the trustee.

4. A time lag exists between the extension of trust and the result of the trusting behavior.
Juz something to ponder abt ^^

Last edited by dKiWi; 2006-10-27 at 11:17.
Old 2006-10-27, 11:37   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haruhi and Kyon are complementary and necessary for each other... order and chaos. I find it most entertaining to view the show first in aired order (haruhi) and then in timeline order (kyon). Viewed both ways you catch a lot of the nuance as well as the skill of the VAs in showing the relationship growth.
Old 2006-10-27, 17:01   Link #64
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Yes... that muz be the purpose. I regret not watching episode previews for animes.. this has taught me a lesson. Will do it from now on.
Old 2006-11-02, 10:05   Link #65
AK-kun
Made of Singapore and Win

Send a message via AIM to AK-kun Send a message via MSN to AK-kun
Watch it in airing order first, once, get the gist of it, then watch it again in chronological order. That's what I did.
Old 2006-11-08, 02:32   Link #66
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-kun View Post
Watch it in airing order first, once, get the gist of it, then watch it again in chronological order. That's what I did.
Same here. I've watched it several times now, though I usually find it hard to forego the big ending accompanied by Mahler (stroke of genius), but it's nice to see the characters and their relationships developing more coherently with the chronological order. They each have their pros and cons; either way's rewarding.
Old 2006-12-12, 19:46   Link #67
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

If you watch the series in all possible orders then the true nature of the universe will become clear. However this means watching it 87,178,291,200 times. The only way to do this in your lifetimes is to speed it up about 100,000 times so each permutation of the series is compressed into a blipvert lasting approx 1/40 second. Sadly this will cause you to explode.

The next best thing is to watch it in both orders.

I agree with those who say that you must {grit your teeth and} watch "episode 00" first, since I think the whole point of that episode is misdirection — when I first saw it, like many people I assumed the central character that was being called "Mikuru" within the dorama must in fact be Suzumiya Haruhi, since the whole ep. focussed on her. Only after the (false) credits had rolled did the truth dawn and the true style of the series become clear. Very clever, but a rather overlong joke I felt.
Old 2006-12-14, 09:32   Link #68
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

not a overlong joke if u have already read the novels like alot of Japanese hu picked up the series in Japan due to Hirano Aya's live-action commercial did before it was aired. ^^

It IS however overlong for those hu have not already read the novels, which makes most of the world. The popularity of SHnY however shows how alot of ppl manage to make it thru, and were rewarded as a result
Old 2006-12-14, 11:39   Link #69
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Old 2007-02-07, 04:22   Link #70
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Angry GAAAAAAHHH!!!!*rips out hair*

DAMMIT I'M F*****G CONFUSED!!!
.*takes moment to cool down*........whew....

c..c...could somebody please help me?My mind is really messed up with reading past posts in this thread..

okay so tell me if the order i put the episode in is right or wrong.....

1. Mikuru Asahina's Adventure Episode 00 - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 11th episode. - Haruhi order
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I- Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 1st episode - Haruhi order
3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 2nd episode - Haruhi order
4. The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 7th episode - Haruhi order
5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 3rd episode - Haruhi order
6. Remote Island Syndrome (Part 1) - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 9th episode - Haruhi order
7. Mysterique Sign - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 8th episode - Haruhi order
8. Remote Island Syndrome (Part 2) - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 10th episode - Haruhi order
9. Someday In The Rain - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 14th episode - Haruhi order
10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 4th episode - Haruhi order
11. The Day Of Sagittarius - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 13th episode - Haruhi order
12. Live Alive - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 12th episode - Haruhi order
13. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V - Kyon order
Chronologically, this is the 5th episode - Haruhi order
14. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI - Kyon- order
Chronologically, this is the 6th episode - Haruhi order

and the Airing order is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14??????

please someone help me......I'm soooooooo confused.....
Old 2007-02-07, 11:33   Link #71
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
DAMMIT I'M F*****G CONFUSED!!!
.*takes moment to cool down*........whew....

c..c...could somebody please help me?My mind is really messed up with reading past posts in this thread..
and the Airing order is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14??????

please someone help me......I'm soooooooo confused.....
The broadcast order is the Kyon order... Your confusion is numbering the Kyon episode order 1-14 (the episodes keep the chronilogical <Haruhi> numbering sequence, they just aired out of sequence).

Kyon (as aired on TV) order: 11, 1, 2, 7, 3, 9, 8, 10, 14, 4, 13, 12, 5, 6

Old 2007-02-08, 10:00   Link #72
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Then watch every other episode in Kyon's order:
1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 12, 11, 9.
@CrowKenobi - I thought this ^^ was Kyon's order???

The only thing i'm sure ( I think) is this is Haruhi's order which (i think) is the chronological order.....am i right??pls tell me...
Haruhi -Chronological order
2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 1, 12, 11, 9.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:38   Link #73
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Then watch every other episode in Kyon's order:
1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 12, 11, 9.
Quote:
@CrowKenobi - I thought this ^^ was Kyon's order???

The only thing i'm sure ( I think) is this is Haruhi's order which (i think) is the chronological order.....am i right??pls tell me...
Haruhi -Chronological order
I emphasized "as aired on TV" because that's how it aired, but The Adventures of Mikuru Asashina is the wildcard. It is episode 11, but it was the first episode aired.
The numbering NSW gave you is in the Kyon order (based on the aired episode's sequence) put in the chronilogical (Haruhi) order.

To make it less confusing:

Kyon order/Haruhi order
  • 01 / 11
  • 02 / 01
  • 03 / 02
  • 04 / 07
  • 05 / 03
  • 06 / 09
  • 07 / 08
  • 08 / 10
  • 09 / 14
  • 10 / 04
  • 11 / 13
  • 12 / 12
  • 13 / 05
  • 14 / 06
The episodes are numbered according to the chronilogical (Haruhi) order but were aired out of sequence (Kyon). Does that help?

Old 2007-02-09, 19:29   Link #74
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Talking

Quote:
I emphasized "as aired on TV" because that's how it aired, but The Adventures of Mikuru Asashina is the wildcard. It is episode 11, but it was the first episode aired.
The numbering NSW gave you is in the Kyon order (based on the aired episode's sequence) put in the chronilogical (Haruhi) order.

To make it less confusing:

Kyon order/Haruhi order
  • 01 / 11
  • 02 / 01
  • 03 / 02
  • 04 / 07
  • 05 / 03
  • 06 / 09
  • 07 / 08
  • 08 / 10
  • 09 / 14
  • 10 / 04
  • 11 / 13
  • 12 / 12
  • 13 / 05
  • 14 / 06
The episodes are numbered according to the chronilogical (Haruhi) order but were aired out of sequence (Kyon). Does that help?

Yeah.That does help a lot.Thanks!

But one last thing... ...so everybody was saying i should watch the Airing order first...so if i were to do that i should follow this order then??

then next is the chronological order which is i should watch is this

if i'm wrong,please just specify what eps i should watch first then after that, the next set of eps i should watch....BTW,sorry if i'm so stupid and cnofused.It's like 2a.m. here and my mind is like a blank sheet of paper.. Thanks for helping me!
Old 2007-02-09, 23:15   Link #75
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Yeah.That does help a lot.Thanks!

But one last thing... ...so everybody was saying i should watch the Airing order first...so if i were to do that i should follow this order then??

Kyon (as aired on TV) order: 11, 1, 2, 7, 3, 9, 8, 10, 14, 4, 13, 12, 5, 6 <--REARRANGE TO NUMERICAL ORDER 1-14

then next is the chronological order which is i should watch is this

2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 1, 12, 11, 9. <---IGNORE

if i'm wrong,please just specify what eps i should watch first then after that, the next set of eps i should watch....BTW,sorry if i'm so stupid and cnofused.It's like 2a.m. here and my mind is like a blank sheet of paper.. Thanks for helping me!
Close, but you have to remember: the Kyon order is the Haruhi order viewed out of order. To view the eps chronologically, arrange the Kyon order in numerical order (and just ignore the second set of numbers because you're just confusing yourself)

Old 2007-02-10, 10:33   Link #76
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Thumbs up ssssssuuuuugggggge!!!

Quote:
Close, but you have to remember: the Kyon order is the Haruhi order viewed out of order. To view the eps chronologically, arrange the Kyon order in numerical order (and just ignore the second set of numbers because you're just confusing yourself)

hmmm...*reads thoroughly*....
a~hah!!NOW I GET IT!*knocks head*..so that's how it is....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!The colors really helped me alot.lol. Anyways,thank you again for your patience and for being a very helpful guy(correct me if i'm wrong with the "guy" part but i doubt that. )

Old 2007-02-17, 16:51   Link #77
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Not sure if anyone else posted this idea, but i think the best order would be showing episode 2 first, so that viewers have an idea of at least whats going on, then showing them in the order they were aired on TV. Because i know for a lot of ppl, just being thrown into episode 1 (00) sorta got them confused and im sure it turned some ppl off, but yet the TV aired order actually makes it much more interesting and makes ppl eager to watch the next episode and try and fill in the gaps.

I know that when i watched it in chronilogical order, i was actually sorta bored with some of the episodes, but when i watched it how they aired it on TV, it was a lot more interesting and attention grabbing.

Just my 2 cents though.
Old 2007-03-12, 05:08   Link #78
Shinkirou
Nageki hikari...

I watched episode 0 first and watched the rest in chronological order. I watched 0 because I thought that it was in the chronological order (just that it was going to have flashbacks). I watched the episodes in chronological order later (when I learned that they were all shuffled) since I like animes that are easy to understand.

However, I would recommend watching it in airing order since it leaves you with a "Ooooh, so that's what happened!" feeling of surprise which isn't bad. Also, the character development and the ending is better that way.
Old 2007-03-16, 15:34   Link #79
Kittie Rose

I am totally confused. What is with the Tarantino'd order? I was enjoying the anime a lot at first, but the Baseball episode just confused the hell out of me. Why did they mess up the order like that?

:/
Old 2007-03-16, 16:03   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You should read the threads... part of it was just artistic. Kind of like watching a Twilight Zone episode or reading Slaughterhouse Five (Vonnegut).
The time-out-of-sequence imitates the disorientation Kyon feels in this situation.
The other reasons are more mundane.... organizing the events that way leads up to a climax that lesser beings can handle (oooh, monsters! and Kissing! ... the world is returned!).
I found the Kyon order very satisfying for a first view... but when I rewatch it I usually follow the chronological order because I find the "daily life" and that last "rain" episode very pleasant to end out on.