AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-30, 23:12   Link #261
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
just FYI. The claymore BD box set is currently ranked 17th on the anime/manga best seller list on amazon.
I bought it at FYE... damn I'm not contributing to that list...

Please add one form me Amazon! I promise to never order another book from Barnes and Nobel if you do...
Old 2010-03-31, 06:51   Link #262
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
just FYI. The claymore BD box set is currently ranked 17th on the anime/manga best seller list on amazon.
It is a tempting buy, but it's probably a poor upscale seeing how it wasn't a HD series to begin with.

It's still amazing how the BD is cheaper than the DVD. I love that.
Old 2010-04-04, 15:35   Link #263
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Christmas is coming in June!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Old 2010-04-04, 16:23   Link #264
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Christmas is coming in June!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Will they be available in the US? (like via amazon.com) When in June do they get released?

I need them to go with my Ghost in the Shell figurines.
Old 2010-04-04, 16:54   Link #265
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I found it on Japan's yahoo auctions - so it looks like we'll have to import.
The place I preordered at has it listed at around a june 30th release date.
Old 2010-04-22, 19:21   Link #266
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is anyone's first volume in color? I don't think it's fair that mine is not. That screenshot is from the online preview reader from Viz. I want mine in color!!
Old 2010-04-22, 21:34   Link #267
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

Is anyone's first volume in color? I don't think it's fair that mine is not. That screenshot is from the online preview reader from Viz. I want mine in color!!
I've never heard of one for sale, however I've seen a few other pics from chapter 1 in color... If memory serves I found the top pic on Japan's Claymore manga website. Sadly I've yet to find it(or any panels on it) in a larger size. if it does exist you'd bet I'd be in line right behind you to get my hands on it.

Old 2010-04-23, 09:04   Link #268
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Viz is cheaping out on us here. I demand compensation!
Old 2010-04-23, 10:32   Link #269
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:

That version came from the preview chapter that was in the Shonen Jump magazine (US version). Only the first three pages were in color. The rest is in black and white like the rest.
Old 2010-04-23, 10:34   Link #270
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Viz is cheaping out on us here. I demand compensation!
In a way, your compensation was saving $2 whole dollars on the volume. In the past, the volumes were going for $7.99 MSRP, while the average Viz title was $9.99 MSRP.
Old 2010-04-23, 10:36   Link #271
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
That version came from the preview chapter that was in the Shonen Jump magazine (US version). Only the first three pages were in color. The rest is in black and white like the rest.
Thanks for the info. Do you know there the Raki and Zaki colorings came from?

Quote:
In a way, your compensation was saving $2 whole dollars on the volume. In the past, the volumes were going for $7.99 MSRP, while the average Viz title was $9.99 MSRP.
That ended with volume 15 if I recall, it's $9.99 not $7.99 like the rest of the series.
Old 2010-04-23, 10:48   Link #272
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you know where the Raki and Zaki colorings came from?
My best bet is that they were colored by the fans (fan coloring?), since you can obviously tell when the pages should be in color (very dark toning) and when they're not.

Quote:
That ended with volume 15 if I recall, it's $9.99 not $7.99 like the rest of the series.
Yup! Viz has bumped up their prices recently due to the recession.

Last edited by shogun01; 2010-04-23 at 11:37.
Old 2010-04-23, 11:00   Link #273
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
My best bet is that they were colored by the fans (fan coloring?), since you can obviously tell when the pages should be in color (very dark toning) and when there's not.
The colored page from ch 100 was light in tone but ch 1 was dark in tone... now I'm all confused.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 100:

After looking at them for a bit, I guess it's clear that the official colored pages have the Claymores being barker blondes than most fan colorings.
Old 2010-04-23, 11:26   Link #274
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
The colored page from ch 100 was light in tone but ch 1 was dark in tone... now I'm all confused.
I'm talking about when you read the graphic novels, where the pages aren't in color but should be. If it's suppose to be in color, the black & white tones look different and are really dark, compared to the other pages that are in traditional black and white.

Take a look at the first chapter in volume 1 and look at the first three pages, then look at the later pages. Do see what I'm talking about?
Old 2010-04-23, 11:29   Link #275
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I'm talking about when you read the graphic novels, where the pages aren't in color but should be. If it's suppose to be in color, the black & white tones look different and are really dark, compared to the other pages that are in traditional black and white.

Take a look at the first chapter and look at the first three pages, then look at the later pages. Do see what I'm talking about?
Ok... now I get you. In other words Yagi actually colored them and Shonen Jump just printed the colored pics in B&W. By doing so the pages gained a darker tone, when compared to the rest of the chapter.
Old 2010-04-23, 11:35   Link #276
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Ok... now I get you. In other words Yagi actually colored them and Shonen Jump just printed the colored pics in B&W. By doing so the pages gained a darker tone, when compared to the rest of the chapter.
Bingo! It's the same for other manga titles too. The color pages were for the magazine, while the graphic novels get stuck with black and white.
Old 2010-04-23, 13:14   Link #277
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
They are $7.99 except for the first few months of their new release, they are $9.99 then.

Quote:
Bingo! It's the same for other manga titles too. The color pages were for the magazine, while the graphic novels get stuck with black and white.
That's not cool. We should get some color pages.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:52   Link #278
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Yeah mangas would sell more if they were in color. especilly claymore.
Old 2010-04-23, 22:17   Link #279
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Yeah manga would sell more if they were in color. especially claymore.
I don't really agree with that, since most (full) color manga has bombed in Japan. The Claymore tankōbon (Japanese version) is also completely in black and white and it's been selling really well (average 250,000 per volume).

Last edited by shogun01; 2010-04-24 at 09:29.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:40   Link #280
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Only really popular manga will have the colour pages intact in Japan. The full colour chapter of Bleach where Ichigo goes Bankai and fights against Byakuya before he goes Bankai is full colour in the tankobon in Japan, I think.

Viz's VIZBIG line has the colourpages intact though, but their titles in that line are minimum. Though one volume of Eyeshield 21 had also colourpages in them. The only American publisher who adds colourpages so far is Yenn Press.
Closed Thread