AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-09, 16:19   Link #81
taikx

hm... and the conductor
Spoiler:

oh yeah. I'm lie (silent fangirl uh.. squeal). I agree w/sapphire. Firo is soo ahh!! <-- still can't get over how he tips his hat in the OP ...
taikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 08:32   Link #82
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I was talking about the shopkeeper in my last post if you didn't notice. He is just a normal shopkeeper, right? I see no point he keeps a full box of unsorted candies if it is not for Halloween.
If it's not for halloween . .. maybe because his store is actually a candy store ^^; or some convenience/food store? And those box of assorted sweets were stocks xD Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taikx View Post
I agree w/sapphire. Firo is soo ahh!! <-- still can't get over how he tips his hat in the OP ...
OMG!!! I LOVE FIRO WHEN HE TIPS HIS HAT xD I got so obsessed that I made a gifs of it to see them over and over and over xD

I'm an amateur animated icon maker ^^; so bear with my not-so-nice creations ^^;

They're just some of the icons I plan to post in my livejournal account ^^; Photobucket has been slow on my PC lately so can't upload all of them for now ^^;

Waaahh . . still no subs of eppie 2 X_X

*sees raw of eppie 3*

FIRO!!!!!!!! *_* . . . . . *downloads*

Last edited by sapphire-pyro; 2007-08-16 at 01:07.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 23:13   Link #83
Ace Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I was talking about the shopkeeper in my last post if you didn't notice. He is just a normal shopkeeper, right? I see no point he keeps a full box of unsorted candies if it is not for Halloween.

I thought you were asking why they were stealing candy.

But if it's the shopkeeper you're asking about... maybe he's just selling them. When you walk into any store, you can buy gum, mints, candy, etc by the registers. Demondernize that by 47ish years, and you got this shopkeeper's candy.

All in all, you're looking too deep into it.
Ace Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 09:38   Link #84
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Those who love Firo and his hat work are going to love ep 3. He's damn cool in this episode...

Spoiler for comments on ep3 without the subs:

The way the pacing and the backstory is structured builds a lot of confidence that the director/script writers really know what they're doing. I think I'm less concerned now about everything fitting into place now.

Oh and the conductor...

Spoiler for ep 3 again:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 10:37   Link #85
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Episode 3 was awesome! *_* I only saw the raw and . . .

Firo-related: I already expected Firo to be a good fighter . . . but I didn't expect him to be THAT GOOD! *_* Squeeeeeeeeeee xD I love him and his hat xD He was supah dupah kickass here!!!! Awesome!!! Awesome!!! =3

Non-Firo related:The plot is still confusing but slowly they give explanations on how such things happened. I like the style. Creative and genius!

My only compliant on the eppie: I think there were art defects/mistakes in some scenes x_x Like with some of Firo's . . . I've been staring at him all the time xD

I'm not much of a Ladd fan so I don't think I'll be as excited in watching episode 4 ^^; but I admit that he's pretty interesting. Hmmmm xD
Old 2007-08-11, 13:08   Link #86
taikx

^^ yes... firo goodness! yeah he looked strangely distorted in one snapshot of the fight scene : ( i took
Spoiler:

Other than that, yeah thx for the avies... i stare and then stole ^^
Spoiler:
Other than that. Yeah, Lad Russo just scares me. I mean... he looks... asinine. of course, we all love those characters

*edit* OMG!!! EPISODE 2 IS OUT!!!! YUPyup!

Last edited by taikx; 2007-08-13 at 18:14.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:03   Link #87
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

Episode 2 can be downloaded here (Direct Download, not torrent)
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 11:52   Link #88
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Those two robbers sure are the perfect example of blissful idiots.

Cast size wasnt quite as hard to deal with this time around much to my delight... With only a few characters are really fleshed out at this point though I still feel alittle confused, but im hoping that ill go away soon enough.

I will agree with the conductors taste in women though.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 01:04   Link #89
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

EPISODE 2 IS ABSOLUTE ENTERTAINMENT xD Hehehe

I find the conductor interesting. I wish he won't die ^^; If ever he does, well at least, not this soon ^^; I saw him with Chane in one of the posters of Baccano . . .. and I smell romance from that pose xD Heehee

And obviously, I like the pairing xD Hehehe . .. next to Jacuzzi x Nice and Isaac x Miria xD
Old 2007-08-16, 21:41   Link #90
Gsus

Episode 3 is out by Ayu and I still don't know what to think of this.
  • Good art overall
  • Some cool characters (Firo and Nice)
  • Original setting: Don't see a lot of shows set in 1930s America

Then again...
  • Most characters are grating: Jacuzzi, Isaac, Miria and Ladd especially. I know they're probably meant to be as ditzy / crazy as they come across to me, but does it have to be emphasized like this?
  • The jumps in the story telling are getting faster and faster: Firo gets a hat, Jacuzzi whines, dredging the harbor, mouse, fight, bodies.

At this time I'm not sure whether this is just a rollercoaster ride or a massive train wreck waiting to happen.

Oh well, next ep then.
Gsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 23:57   Link #91
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Those two robbers sure are the perfect example of blissful idiots.

Cast size wasnt quite as hard to deal with this time around much to my delight... With only a few characters are really fleshed out at this point though I still feel alittle confused, but im hoping that ill go away soon enough.

I will agree with the conductors taste in women though.
The chick in your sig is wearing Stax on her head :O

GRADO FTW
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 11:37   Link #92
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the story is still all over the place in episode 3, but its pretty fun to try to piece it all together slowly. Gotta love the poor guy proving the adage "Never bring a knife to a gun fight".

The biggest draw for me continues to be the period its set in though...Heck I wouldn't mind a straight gangster anime minus the immortality stuff hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
The chick in your sig is wearing Stax on her head :O

GRADO FTW

Haha very good eyes...Personally I think the oversized look of the stax looks nice with her since it makes her look even more petite and cute then she already is heh. Id say grado has a cooler look and would work best on a non-loli type character...Especially RS-1/2.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

Old 2007-08-17, 12:34   Link #93
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
The biggest draw for me continues to be the period its set in though...Heck I wouldn't mind a straight gangster anime minus the immortality stuff hah
Well, that's where I believe it would start losing some of its appeal. As far as my knowledge goes, I don't really remember whether there was any anime set in a "gangster" era/setting. However if I imagine having Baccano without the immortality stuff, it just wouldn't be the same (it would be more "ordinary" in my eyes). I mean, a big part of the story revolves around the "immortality" stuff, and it is definitely going to be interesting when they unfold the truth behind it.
Old 2007-08-17, 14:08   Link #94
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Those who love Firo and his hat work are going to love ep 3. He's damn cool in this episode...

Spoiler for comments on ep3 without the subs:

The way the pacing and the backstory is structured builds a lot of confidence that the director/script writers really know what they're doing. I think I'm less concerned now about everything fitting into place now.

Oh and the conductor...

Spoiler for ep 3 again:
Yeah Firo's pretty awesome. Good choice choice for a main character

And on the conductor

Spoiler for just thoughts:

Spoiler for on the characters:
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 14:42   Link #95
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Lol why not mart...God knows theres enough period piece anime set in ancient japan with quite a few lacking any fantasy elements.

Right now i just don't see where the suspense is if most of the characters in the story can't die. Unless as I'm hoping theres some special way to go about killing one of them or something then that could make things more interesting.Otherwise the whole show would just like the first episode...Giant shootout and everyone just stands up at the end bullet riddled then walks away.

That is...

Old 2007-08-17, 15:02   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just watched epi 1 (like 5 mins ago) and I must say this anime gets a 10 on the wow scale. Id debated picking it up but then decided, hell why not and Im glad I did. The seiyuu cast alone snagged me. Firo <3 Yep add me to his fangirls along with Luck...gah I love his voice.
I still have a problem picturing Orange-kun in my head when I hear Narita Ken (gah being the GH fangirl I am I should picture Lin)
Anyways onto epi 2
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 15:18   Link #97
Dandruff
Flakey

This show is really fun to watch, the first three episodes have completely pulled me in. I myself find the duo Issac and Miria funny due to their endearing stupidity. Can't wait fer the next episode. Mmm, I want me some Orunch and Herseey's chocolate :3
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:11   Link #98
Argent

After this third episode I'm getting the fear that this show is going to be more style over substance. The fast cuts through time seem more to be about hiding how little there really is to this story by keeping the viewer slightly off balance and confused.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 08:09   Link #99
Mafty-Navue

Well this is getting interesting
I laugh when the guy (forgot his name) bring a knife while the others bring guns
Anyway, is it me or did the animation really became bad?
Mafty-Navue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 08:25   Link #100
taikx

i don't notice, just few parts in ep 3, esp w/firo fight (that one shot looked strange,) but it's also because the raw quality

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural