AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 00:31   Link #1161
Matt122005

Dark, shape won't be doing ch. 5 for like 11 days, so he said for u to do ch. 5 instead of 6.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 01:11   Link #1162
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I have already started doing chapter 6 so, lets just wait till he returns back to do chapter 5. Besides chapter 5 is shorter (chapter 6 - 36 pages long while chapter 5 - 27), so once he returns it wont take too long to translate while translating chapter 6 should take longer.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 03:20   Link #1163
Matt122005

Ok, so in other words, your going to translate chapter 7 if you finish 6 before he starts translating chpater 5?

-Matt

After Serenade translates chapter 4 he is starting translations on volume 7, just so you know.
Old 2008-07-30, 17:41   Link #1164
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

just finished the 2nd chapter of vol 6 and wow i wish that would have happened in the show....My poor Louise got pounded by siesta....cant wait to read the boat scene be back soon after i finish chapter 3....

edit: just finished the 3rd chapter....it wasn't as romantic as i thought it would be but it was still good...i think i enjoyed this scene more in the show then the novel... but i cant wait for the chapter...thanx guys for the translations...

Last edited by crystalalien87; 2008-07-30 at 18:24.
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 19:18   Link #1165
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

hmm it wasn't bad the first 3 chapters of volume 6, the boat scene was a bit overboard though, I mean Saito just took that romantic situation a bit too far.

I'm wincing in pain though knowing that the next few chapters will be about agnes so probably my least anticipated chapters, but knowing that the next volume will be what i'm waiting for it gets me excited again lol!
Old 2008-07-30, 19:32   Link #1166
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^^ i didnt think so... he kinda hesitated at first but went threw with it....cant complain with that...but yea agnes and the whole flame thing will be next so romantic part will have to take a brake
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 03:55   Link #1167
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Ok, so in other words, your going to translate chapter 7 if you finish 6 before he starts translating chpater 5?

-Matt

After Serenade translates chapter 4 he is starting translations on volume 7, just so you know.
does someone plane to ever finish "the place of courage"?(only 5% translated for who knows how many long time...)
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 05:27   Link #1168
Darknemo2000

The place of courage? Thats in volume 7, right? And since none of the current translators are inclined for such a random (and pretty much useless) jumps I would say that you should just forget this chapter until the current translation moves over to it.

I never could understand people who are willing to jump so far ahead as it makes the reading in general meaningless.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:28   Link #1169
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The place of courage? Thats in volume 7, right? And since none of the current translators are inclined for such a random (and pretty much useless) jumps I would say that you should just forget this chapter until the current translation moves over to it.

I never could understand people who are willing to jump so far ahead as it makes the reading in general meaningless.
it's easy to understand;the first fourht volume(and part of the fiftht) have already adapted rather decently by the first anime that's why i'm more interested with the later volume-especially after reading the summary.
With translation of vol.6,to me,interesting thing are just about to begin.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:52   Link #1170
Darknemo2000

And how about the fact that anime does not follow novels closely?

It is NOVELS and not anime. Thus a lot of things are actually different and the whole experience is different either.

You cant watch episode and say that you do not need to read novels as simply JC Staff is doing an incredibly crappy job on following novels. They are too different to skip.

Though first season was the best in these terms it is still far from being close to novels.

All such talks like that always annoy me as, because of such impatient guys like you we already lost one our good translator momogan (got annoyed be people asking to skip over to volume 8 and so) so I would say those asks to skip over are doing NOTHING good for the project right now and in fact are hindering it.

Think about it - a translator is translating a boring Agnes chapter and then he sees people whining how they want volume 8 to be translated, then he thinks - what is the point of me translating anyway? Just do it yourselves.

Such talks are really discouraging.

You could say - then why bother with those boring chapters like that? Just go to volume 7 or volume 8, but then it would make the translation pointless in general as it is novels and not anime-novels there are just too many differences between the two.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-07-31 at 16:04.
Old 2008-07-31, 18:56   Link #1171
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I agree with darknemo, personally when someone translates something one would usually do it from beginning to end in that order pointless jumping of chapters just serves to isolate most fans who'd rather read things from beginning to end and not from middle to beginning to anime.

Take for example I know that whats coming up in volume 6 is the agne arc that alot of ppl dislike but one thing is for sure even if someone has translated all of volume 7 i still wouldn't read it until i've finished volume 6. A writer writes so that you'll only get your full enjoyment should you read from beginning to end.

Also in terms of how well the anime adapts the novel, I ask are you watching the same anime? The anime does a horrible job at adapting the novel, if you actually took the time and patience to read through the earlier chapters then compare it with the anime you'd see that the anime just goes away on a whole new tangent.
Old 2008-08-01, 15:15   Link #1172
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And how about the fact that anime does not follow novels closely?

It is NOVELS and not anime. Thus a lot of things are actually different and the whole experience is different either.

You cant watch episode and say that you do not need to read novels as simply JC Staff is doing an incredibly crappy job on following novels. They are too different to skip.

Though first season was the best in these terms it is still far from being close to novels.

All such talks like that always annoy me as, because of such impatient guys like you we already lost one our good translator momogan (got annoyed be people asking to skip over to volume 8 and so) so I would say those asks to skip over are doing NOTHING good for the project right now and in fact are hindering it.

Think about it - a translator is translating a boring Agnes chapter and then he sees people whining how they want volume 8 to be translated, then he thinks - what is the point of me translating anyway? Just do it yourselves.

Such talks are really discouraging.

You could say - then why bother with those boring chapters like that? Just go to volume 7 or volume 8, but then it would make the translation pointless in general as it is novels and not anime-novels there are just too many differences between the two.
i did read every chapter translated from the start,of course;sorry if i was implying than i didn't appreciate what the translator have done so far.All i wanted to say is i'm enjoying those who are currently translated even more(english is no my mother tongue so i don't always manage to make myself understood)
Howeover,i admit i don't care to read single chapter of latter volume thank to all the summmary(no just the anime)than we've read in this thread;but i'm no complainning and will wait patiently no matter how much time it take.
Old 2008-08-01, 17:23   Link #1173
Darknemo2000

Well, to tell you the truth I also think that in this volume specially after the boat scene there aren't much of impressive scenes to translate...

It mostly centeres around Agnes and as we all know Agnes is far from being most interesting character ever, in fact all translators dislike her and are far from eager translating her chapters.

Heck knows why, but even I like Wardes or Mazarini political talks far less boring than Agnes parts... Don't know why really... I guess its just a character being forced on us rather than being interesting and going along with the story...

Lets say chapter 4 is about Guiche mostly (surprisingly, Guiche can actually be deep and caring, unlike in anime) and the 5th chapter is Agnes only (yep, Agnes only. I don't think there are any other character in it) and chapter 6 (which I am translating right now) starts with Mazarini Henrietta talks but finally goes back to Louise and Saito (main characters) again as the chapters 4-5 have no Louise or Saito at all. To my horror it also has Agnes...

Still even most boring Agnes chapters should be translated just to keep up with the story... As again, anime simply cannot cover it good enough...

Translators are not machines though and they also have what they like or not. And it also effects the production speed and quality. Like lets say I go "Waah! LouisexSaito part I absolutely have to translate it today! Better sleep for two hours less but finish this cute one by today!" and then I go "Damn...Agnes...I wonder what are they showing on TV, right now?"

Some translators skip such chapters completely (Like Archmage - translator of those random volume 7 and volume 8 partial chapter translations) [icking up only what they think is interesting and some do it because they have to do. Right now there are three translators Shape, Serenade and me. And even though our tastes may differ (Like I like LouisexSaito while serenade likes Siesta bits) but we still try to do the chapters that simply needs to be done... Even if its Agnes...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-08-01 at 17:37.
Old 2008-08-02, 00:36   Link #1174
Matt122005

Well, got a new translator who translates from Chinese. Translation of ch. 1 of vol. 7 should commence.

Also, ch. 4 of vol. 6 and ch. 4 of vol. 7 was translated by Serenade Beta.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-02, 00:46   Link #1175
longshot

i do have a question for all those who can read the raw versions of ZnT if you were in Saito's position would you think it be a good idea to go back to his world or stay in halkegnia i mean from what ive seen him accomplish and do as well as the romances he can/cant seem to get does make his life appear somewhat.....more interesting that if he doesnt return home
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 00:51   Link #1176
Darknemo2000

Matt, don't give people false hope.

Here is serenades words.

Quote:
Unfortunately, by the way, Matt, but even though I said I would try Vol.7-8, I'm going to have to take it back for now (perhaps someone else will have time to translate the short chapter).
On top of my usual stuff to do, I'm going to move soon and I have to prepare for that and everything, and I really need to fix my sleeping pattern. Also need to finish re-watching Yugioh before I move...

After everything gets settled, I might start translating again, hai!
You sound like we have a bunch of translators... serenade is off for now (and will be off for some time as it seems) and I am very careful about chinese translators, we had one recently, remember? Corrected almost every single sentence of his and shape corrected ones that I didn't making almost every sentences of his be wrong in one way or another...

And who will translate volume 6? Give me someone don't expect me alone dealing with the Agnes (Shape when he left was not particularly eager continuing translating the volume either)......With two people working on that you at least can endure it as most of the rest of the chapters are really...boring and draining...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-08-02 at 01:01.
Old 2008-08-02, 01:41   Link #1177
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

You know... you guys really shouldn't talk about anything regarding the translation of the novels here... as ZnT is technically licensed by Seven Seas. (even though they keep delaying the release )
Old 2008-08-02, 01:48   Link #1178
Darknemo2000

We don't provide links and we do not provide an actual name of translation group so its not like we are providing an info where to find it.

Yes, if you have some brains it is not that hard to find a group..

Still we are not giving out a links nor a name of the group. Juts discussing the translation without giving out the location nor the name of the group.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:07   Link #1179
_kira_

good job guys translations are fast these days... keep em coming...

i too like prefer that the translation be done in order so as we wont miss things no matter how boring they may be...

heres to hoping the translator doing the boring parts have great patience ...
_kira_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 09:02   Link #1180
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm the chap Matt mentioned. My first time doing translation of light novels.

Chapter 1 of volume 7 is quite interesting. As I read through it, I get the feel of how Saito was really a fish out of water in Louise's world, and not in a pretty way. The almost annual wars had hardened Louise somewhat, but for a boy like Saito, it's quite depressing.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen