AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 23:30   Link #2121
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I was looking over 41 earlier, and couldn't help but notice one of the pictures of Black White crossing her arms over . . . under her chest. She's hella big just like Medaka, so I was actually thinking that maybe . . . just maybe . . . and then the raws for 42 came out. Gotta love that family. Too bad the other one couldn't have been a girl too. -_-
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:47   Link #2122
KLGChaos
The Shermain

He looks enough like one. :/ You know, I'd really hate to see their parents. They have to the kings of abnormal.
Old 2010-03-11, 23:48   Link #2123
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

He's missing the two most important parts though.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 02:23   Link #2124
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
You think Nishio would notice that the chapters that just happened to move the manga out of the bottom were Zen's... while all the focus on Medaka kept it down. But, he probably doesn't care about that anyway
He probably doesn't care that the hundreds or a couple thousand people voting (does anyone know how many votes they get to make up the toc anyway?) in the TOC prefer Zen, compared to the over a hundred thousand people buying the Medaka dominated manga tanks.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 08:20   Link #2125
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
He probably doesn't care that the hundreds or a couple thousand people voting (does anyone know how many votes they get to make up the toc anyway?) in the TOC prefer Zen, compared to the over a hundred thousand people buying the Medaka dominated manga tanks.
So true, and I should remind some of you that a story whose development is oriented by popularity polls goes nowhere. As Westlo said, Nishio doesn't give a shit about polls, his story develops according with what his writing says, not character popularity, and in just 10+ chapters he has developed the main cast and five of the villian cast, wich proves the statement.

So, wether you like Medaka or not, keep enjoying the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I was looking over 41 earlier, and couldn't help but notice one of the pictures of Black White crossing her arms over . . . under her chest. She's hella big just like Medaka, so I was actually thinking that maybe . . . just maybe . . . and then the raws for 42 came out. Gotta love that family. Too bad the other one couldn't have been a girl too. -_-
Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities. Glad to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-03-12 at 08:55.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 13:19   Link #2126
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
So true, and I should remind some of you that a story whose development is oriented by popularity polls goes nowhere. As Westlo said, Nishio doesn't give a shit about polls, his story develops according with what his writing says, not character popularity, and in just 10+ chapters he has developed the main cast and five of the villian cast, wich proves the statement.

So, wether you like Medaka or not, keep enjoying the plot.
I'll wait until there's some real plot to enjoy... and not just random silliness, thank you (I find the whole Flask Plan to be filled with it... except it's too weird to be funny a lot of the time ><). :P

Though, is it just me, or has this not been scanlated in a couple of weeks? Did CxC drop it? I don't think I've even seen translations for it on mangahelpers.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-03-12 at 14:51.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 13:27   Link #2127
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Though, is it just me, or has this not been scanlated in a couple of weeks? Did CxC drop it? I don't think I've even seen translations for it on mangahelpers.
Oh my where's my head, my group dropped it without me knowing. Not really, the public translator just hasn't been up to task to translate it yet, but he should be back in gear in the upcoming days (or at least from what he told me).
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 13:31   Link #2128
Homura7

He must be pretty busy right now.

As for the plot, well, it's not like Medaka and Zen were not going to find anyone preventing them from advancing through each basement, I mean, it would be stupid that something so secretive like the research facility were the Flask Plan takes place was not guarded by at least one Class 13 member for each floor. Besides, the positions for them were ordered by the chairman himself, and each one was supposed to fight Medaka, but between Zen, Akune & Maguro, his plans are upsetting.

Whatever the case, King is most likely to be the final villian of the arc.

And besides...

Spoiler for Naze:

There's a lot of insight about both the main and the villian cast, and the previous student council president.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-03-12 at 13:52.
Old 2010-03-12, 16:22   Link #2129
Homura7

Didn't you want translations?

http://mangahelpers.com/t/shadowskill/releases/20689
Old 2010-03-12, 20:35   Link #2130
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Filters are keeping me from viewing the translation from MH on this computer. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Pretty much agree with you here. Also Keep in mind that those "Zenkichi" chapters did make it rise but no higher than where the series has been before. We also don't know if that was all Zenkichi or if Munakata helped out too with his ridiculous hammerspace ability and catch phrases. He was the one that made that battle interesting to me at any rate.

As for how many votes, no real way to tell. If we assume that the people who are willing to vote in popularity polls are also those who vote for the series every week, Medaka most likely is not getting thousands of votes. Those levels are probably reserved for series that actually poll in the upper half of the magazine.
Old 2010-03-12, 20:53   Link #2131
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The manga is meh. I don't like how Dragon Balli-sh it gets.
Old 2010-03-12, 23:51   Link #2132
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Judging from the translation for chapter 40, if you combine Naze and Koga, you get a certain other character.

Character who doesn't want people to bother her + girl who's obsessed with abnormal = you figure it out.

Personally, I can't see the appeal of Haruhi. I've only read a chapter and a half of the light novel so far and I hate both the main characters already. Haruhi for being a complete b**** who uses and abuses people and gets away with it and Kyon who doesn't even stand up for a girl that Haruhi pushed to tears. Hell, I like Medaka a lot more than her and that's saying something. Worst part is, I hear they don't change much during the novels either. I just don't undestand how people find that funny... But then agan, a lot of people watch American Idol just to see Simon make fun of people, too. Bleh.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:30   Link #2133
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The manga is meh. I don't like how Dragon Balli-sh it gets.
Dragonball was awesome when I was a kid. Although I don't read it anymore, but I wish people stop bringing this comparison to everything as a derogatory allegation to topic of discussion .

Spoiler for Naze:

I like that line where Maguro just goes, "Are you honestly surprised ..." which although is somewhat expected it's still funny, and at least we know why he participated in the plan.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 13:35   Link #2134
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Medaka's back in the bottom five again this week. I'm surprised considering it was the Zen comeback chapter after he was taken out by the swords. I really can't figure out what the Japanese people want from the manga as it seemed like this arc was being well received and then it just drops again at it's climax.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:39   Link #2135
Kunagisa

Quote:
Medaka's back in the bottom five again this week. I'm surprised considering it was the Zen comeback chapter after he was taken out by the swords. I really can't figure out what the Japanese people want from the manga as it seemed like this arc was being well received and then it just drops again at it's climax.
The characters aren't cool enough is just what I think. The people who actually send in votes are the ones that care too much /shrug.

Quote:
Judging from the translation for chapter 40, if you combine Naze and Koga, you get a certain other character.

Character who doesn't want people to bother her + girl who's obsessed with abnormal = you figure it out.

Personally, I can't see the appeal of Haruhi. I've only read a chapter and a half of the light novel so far and I hate both the main characters already. Haruhi for being a complete b**** who uses and abuses people and gets away with it and Kyon who doesn't even stand up for a girl that Haruhi pushed to tears. Hell, I like Medaka a lot more than her and that's saying something. Worst part is, I hear they don't change much during the novels either. I just don't undestand how people find that funny... But then agan, a lot of people watch American Idol just to see Simon make fun of people, too. Bleh.
Popularity of Haruhi is Kyon really. If you randomly see a girl bossing everyone around without a guy who's just taking it up the ass without snide comments, then you just call her a female dog and move along. Kyon made it funny and seemingly enjoy it at various points, which added to Haruhi's decent character design then it's a win.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 13:39   Link #2136
Homura7

Quote:
Finally you understand it's not the plot, nor the characters that appear what determines the rankings, it's wether the new chapter pleased the readers or not. Zen's comeback was really good in terms of plot development, though in terms of pacing maybe some readers felt like not much happened, wich is true since the chapter's content was just Medaka proving she cares for Zen, the comeback of this one and Last Carpet defeat.
Old 2010-03-16, 20:37   Link #2137
Sol Falling

Thanks for chapter 40. That was pretty awesome.

Man, Koga's scream when Akune gave her the kneelock gave me shivers. Akune has got balls. I really hope that by the end of this both the girls (or at least Koga) end up in his harem. It's just fucking monstrous that she could take something like that only to pop back up and smash him. I really feel what Akune said there, 'it leaves a nasty taste', and all I can think of at the moment is Akune (choke-)holding her until she turns to jelly and then burying it all in a kiss.

(Haha, christ, I think Koga and Akune have just awakened the sado-masochist within me.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 21:55   Link #2138
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Ha, guess the Japanese didn't like the ending of the Munakata and Zenkichi battle all that much. =P

Hopefully, it can rise a bit more with the current chapters.

As for chapter 40. Koga's strength really is insane. I know they said she is the strongest women in the 13 Party but she is more like the physically strongest among them period. Takachiho said no one in the 13 Party could touch him but this girl is breaking through several floors with her attacks and going up them like an elevator. Akune breaking her leg was gruesome but good lord, Koga healing it in 10 seconds is absurd. It really is a long way from when she was normal desiring to be more than ordinary.

Maguro keeps being such a ridiculous pervert it is amusing to watch. He actually dodged Koga well enough for a guy who is missing a number of parts of his organs. I wonder if he ever will fight.
Old 2010-03-18, 16:28   Link #2139
Homura7

The chapter is out, and since there's a lot of talk, it's better we wait for a translation. That said, Naze is finally beggining to show her true colors.
Old 2010-03-18, 20:55   Link #2140
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I thought that Naze was a relative when I saw this...
Spoiler for manga:

I thought that it was a hint or something

at first I thought that there was a 2nd Medaka
turns out Naze was a relative

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council