AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 12:55   Link #201
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought there was some truth in a post in Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread that said this role for her was like a fish finding water (a Japanese expression meaning you find the place that suits you). Suits her comic skills very well, allowing her to give her vocal inventiveness some free play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare
...Ume keeps slapping Saito is not funny too....
Normally, I don't like that kind of violence, either. But for some reason, I actually found it funny here. Perhaps because it was so csomically extreme that I knew no-one was really getting hurt. And I liked the timing of everything, image and sound.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 13:33   Link #202
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought there was some truth in a post in Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread that said this role for her was like a fish finding water (a Japanese expression meaning you find the place that suits you). Suits her comic skills very well, allowing her to give her vocal inventiveness some free play.
I, along with a buddy who also read the books, find Oshiroi abominable in the anime. In fact I can't even watch the anime because of her voice work. It's just so far removed from the way I imagine her in the novels.
Old 2011-10-11, 14:35   Link #203
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I, along with a buddy who also read the books, find Oshiroi abominable in the anime. In fact I can't even watch the anime because of her voice work. It's just so far removed from the way I imagine her in the novels.
That's the plus and minus of Yuuki Aoi at her best. She goes with her gut and does what she feels. But it also means I'd better take a look at the novels, lol. Apparently no novel-readers have posted in her 2channel thread, since that's the first time I've seen anything but praise for her work here. The sound director here is one of the top hands, Aketagawa Jin, and I guess he was okay with the way she does the character.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 17:27   Link #204
Kitsu Breaker

My Yuri hopes are here
Spoiler for size:

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 18:11   Link #205
Candyshark

Gags didn't hit me but fight scenes are awesome and voicework is stellar. Ise is less annoying. Ai being badass. A keeper.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 06:17   Link #206
Kyouka
Is Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1of70...eature=related

awesome
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 06:52   Link #207
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post

Yes....this anime is awesome...and original....

the main male character is going to take many K.O....

and i hope the Ice girl, and the blonde girl will fight for him...hahaha..i can't wait..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:11   Link #208
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Do we know when the full op will be released ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:43   Link #209
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Do we know when the full op will be released ?
OP Nov 2nd, ED Nov 2nd, OST Dec 21st.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:26   Link #210
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Watching this after Maken-ki, was really refreshing... funny, solid designs, nice 1st ep. structure.

On the down side, Sen... why the pantyhose, it ruined an excellent zettai ryouiki

Extra points for the last scene as well as the preview... hilarious
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:31   Link #211
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
On the down side, Sen... why the pantyhose, it ruined an excellent zettai ryouiki
lol are you kidding? This is my solace before I watched this series, as I found the premise difficult to picture. Man am I loving this. The second in my Fall lineup that features a pantyhose clad girl, I am so feeling the cold right now this is one moment where I would go against my strict upbringing and fight over food just to get kicked by Ice Girl, seriously You can have UmeUme and leave the Ice-chan to me

Because it partly confounds me, what does it feel like being kicked by a girl wearing pantyhose and....boots. Combat boots... I used to laugh at those girls' half-boot half-shoe footwear back in Germany many years back, and I'm not going to lie: I did wonder back then what is it like to get kicked by them (they had a metal faceplate at the toe area of the shoe)

But anyways, I was wholly amused at discussions at a manga site that bemoaned yet another anime where the male lead gets beat up by girls. What. the heck. There are other guys who are getting kicked around, why single out the protag... unless there's some bias involved. Heck, I like this series. Sure you can say I'm just in it for Icey's legs, but I found it interesting she has such a club, let alone... that wall

Looking forward to getting stepped on more Ice-chan
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 18:37   Link #212
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
So, this is something like a Ben-Hur of bentos?
Actually, it's more of a Ben-HurfDurf than a Ben-Hur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
New wallpaper.

Being Sato is suffering.
Nice one - hope to see the blonde girl in ep. 2, looks like she can compete with the Ice Queen.

Quote:
Exactly. One of the reasons why I can't stand pantyhose.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:26   Link #213
ZeKeR
Superbad

After all the wading through texts....

its safe to assume....

Bento wars will now commence... will lulz be present too?
Old 2011-10-12, 22:42   Link #214
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol are you kidding? This is my solace before I watched this series, as I found the premise difficult to picture. Man am I loving this. The second in my Fall lineup that features a pantyhose clad girl, I am so feeling the cold right now this is one moment where I would go against my strict upbringing and fight over food just to get kicked by Ice Girl, seriously You can have UmeUme and leave the Ice-chan to me

Because it partly confounds me, what does it feel like being kicked by a girl wearing pantyhose and....boots. Combat boots... I used to laugh at those girls' half-boot half-shoe footwear back in Germany many years back, and I'm not going to lie: I did wonder back then what is it like to get kicked by them (they had a metal faceplate at the toe area of the shoe)

But anyways, I was wholly amused at discussions at a manga site that bemoaned yet another anime where the male lead gets beat up by girls. What. the heck. There are other guys who are getting kicked around, why single out the protag... unless there's some bias involved. Heck, I like this series. Sure you can say I'm just in it for Icey's legs, but I found it interesting she has such a club, let alone... that wall

Stand together for the pantyhose!!! (not that Zettai Ryouiki isn't nice either, but yeah)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 22:45   Link #215
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like I'm not the only one entranced by Yarizui's beauty.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 23:14   Link #216
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ice Queen is the only girl that catches my eye in this episode. Either way, this anime is quite strange yet very appealing.. Certainly has some good comedy in it

I also may be very slow at this, but I just noticed that Ume is severely Yuri for Hana (which is hinted in the OP and when Ume snatches her really quickly). Just seeing that few seconds of the OP made me realize this
Old 2011-10-12, 23:59   Link #217
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Ditto ^^^

Ice Queen, I'm presuming her character would reign in yandere category and the blonde is a tsundere
Old 2011-10-13, 02:13   Link #218
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

The protag was getting beat up by guys too so no point in people picking out one part of what happened there. In a fight for the bentos with the lead not being a strong fighter at this point it's no shock that he got hit by just about everyone. Since the Ice Queen was the strongest there, no shock he was taken down by her just like the vast majority.
Old 2011-10-13, 09:30   Link #219
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Watching this after Maken-ki, was really refreshing... funny, solid designs, nice 1st ep. structure.
got to agree with that, finally something worth watching.
nice chara-designs, comedy gold, decent action, and last but not least: no 'chaotic/random madness' Horizon/MajiKoi-style. (sorry Horizon, you're dropped)
Sure, it seems to get a bit too shounen-ish at times, and it's still a bit lacking in the fanservice department, but everything else is perfect.

It was so good that I feel like posting some GIFs again...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-13, 13:14   Link #220
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Ah, gotta love all the...um...action there...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen