AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 07:28   Link #1721
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
It's purely idealistic. And IMO, not anyone would win in a harem. There will be jealousy, envy and drama if you consider it, even though LNs picture them in a comical angle.
Totally agree with you.

The whole happy harem thing in anime was started from Tenchi Muyo. Harem end is called "Tenchi Solution" and it's almost impossible to occur in real life. Heck, the girls don't even like each other in Tenchi's harem.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 09:57   Link #1722
Ramen00

Thanks for the update Rozenbach~ XD hahhaha
Spoiler for Winner:
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:55   Link #1723
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Started reading this and I'm in volume 2.

Spoiler:

By the way, read the first chapter of the manga and the art really turns me off when compared to the LN.
Old 2013-02-06, 21:22   Link #1724
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Welcome new blood @mura and just wait till you meet kurumi lol

Anyways has anybody heard from @riki about when he'll be back?
Old 2013-02-06, 22:10   Link #1725
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Until now, my favorite still Yoshino --> Cute n innocent.
Touka --> Airhead, baka, musclehead.
Kurumi --> Psycho X(
Kotori --> Double personality.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:24   Link #1726
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@nice sandhy but for me:
1.tohka
2. Yoshino
3. Origami
4.yamai twins
5.kurumi
Old 2013-02-07, 05:46   Link #1727
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Until now, my favorite still Yoshino --> Cute n innocent.
Touka --> Airhead, baka, musclehead.
Kurumi --> Psycho X(
Kotori --> Double personality.
Er..... U forgotten that there's Yoshinon as well
Old 2013-02-07, 07:05   Link #1728
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Who did v6 chapter 2? It was pretty funny lol
Old 2013-02-07, 09:02   Link #1729
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Who did v6 chapter 2? It was pretty funny lol
The translation for that scene was done by @jonathanasdf. But I'm not sure if he updated it and posted it there.
Old 2013-02-07, 09:33   Link #1730
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The translation for that scene was done by @jonathanasdf. But I'm not sure if he updated it and posted it there.
It's a part of "Translation of The Day" which is mainly done by Teh_Ping in B-T forum.
Sometimes, other translators do this, too.

And Darklor is the one who put from the forum to wiki.
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 11:34   Link #1731
Ultragunner

Kurumi FTW, I "fell" the moment I saw vol 3's cover,...before she turned to a murderous psycho >_<
well, if our mighty Shidou can conquer her, we'd have one of the most badass yandere in history LOL

Yoshino is next, I hope she has more appearance, not that I hate Tohka
Old 2013-02-07, 12:42   Link #1732
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
And also yes, I actually want the whole seirei-Shidou relationship to be more of a teacher-student thing than a lover-lover relationship (outside of say, Tohka, as she is the main female lead) since it wouldn't necessarily result in them being jealous over another in an attempt to get closer to Shidou and I feel like that could actually somewhat salvage these characters from becoming a typical harem character. Instead of Shidou, they would be more fascinated with the new world they discovered, and they see Shidou as a key or a guide that can help them get familiarized, and ultimately, become a part of it. (Or at least, until the ending)
I'm really wishing for this to be the case with most, if not all of the seireis. Tohka would be the exception since she's being built up as Shidou's main seirei love interest, and while Kotori is built up as really fond of Shidou, her life with Ratatoskr does show that she has other aspects of her character as well (aside from fawning over oniichan like the typecast imouto brocon). I only wish that we get to read for ourselves just how competent Kotori really is, and not just have it as a "because I said so" reason by the author. Her performance in Vols 1-4 don't really live up to the hype, and are more for laughs than anything.

Quote:
Kurumi is a special exception- I feel like she's already too established to be a character that serves to bring misfortune to be grouped with the other seireis. I actually did cringe a bit when Kurumi took Shidou's "I will rescue you" speech to the point that she just wanted him to "take it back" and caused the whole drama over it after she was built up to be a merciless cold-blooded killer. Like, really? Unless this was supposed to be a foreshadowing of some sort regarding Shidou's some hidden secret magic potential where his words become reality, I just couldn't understand how a character that was built up as a terrible killer would be taken aback by few words. You might disagree, but that little bit of characterization seemed way too forced to me, as if the author was trying to humanize Kurumi in some way, but it just came out extremely wrong. Of course, this character becoming a part of the harem would all the more make no sense to me. I'm not against this character slowly veering towards sanity, but it's definitely not something that I think should be happening anytime soon, in my opinion. I'd think where she does visibly and explicitly show the sign of her becoming more accepting of humans as an appropriate character ending for Kurumi, rather than showing the outcome of the actual change in character. (That or tragic death works just as well)
Mmm, I see where you are coming from. I liked that scene with Kurumi and Shidou if only because it showed that there was potentially more to her, but not necessarily for the convenience and ease by which Shidou "got through" to her.

I could see her as being the wildcard out of all the seireis as a possible future development, acting more like a third party who only helps out whenever favor leans towards self-interest. Kurumi veering towards sanity, or learning about the world in a new light would be interesting, but only if it's actually done through exploratory interactions with the world in a way she's never tried before. Preferably on her own, too, as there's nothing I find more insufferable than a harem lead "helping out" as such developments are usually forced and serve to do nothing but portray how useless and incompetent the heroine is on her own without the male lead.

Quote:
I agree with this point as well. While DAL's built world is much more interesting, (to me, at least) and heavier serious tone is implied, (death actually being a relevant issue, though no significant character has yet to really die), it somehow manages to not satisfy any of its potentials. Due to the author's very formulaic method of resolving every volume and seirei problem, the characters' roles would inevitably stay the same.
It's just baffling how, in one volume they treat the spacequakes and all the deaths that result from it as so horrific and tragic - and then promptly forget about it, only bringing it up out of convenience whenever the author needed to play the drama card (like the case with Kurumi in Vol. 3). It's also present in the way the seireis are handled. They're supposed to be this grave threat to the world whose demeanor and actions are supposed to be handled with care - but when it comes to playing lovecom tropes straight for cheap laughs, they're just fine with it.

It's just so...wildly schizophrenic. Eventually there will come a point where the schizophrenic tone of this series will be inexcusable, as you cannot just jump from extremes of comedy and drama for volumes on end without at least a minimal degree of consistency.

Quote:
As you said, Reine/Kotori's roles become just establishing jokes that were initially funny, but repetitive. It's like some shows where the main character's perverted nature is initially used as a joke- It's funny, somewhat, at first. But after that, it just becomes extremely annoying quickly. It just bothers me that DAL does have potential to be actually good, but it just falls flat in the end while Kaminomi manages to take something that doesn't have as much potential to turn it very fun to read. It just seems like whenever the author takes the "love comedy" route, the writing just goes all over the place, and usually ends up rather bad or repetitive. If Shidou managed to be as half as interesting as Keima, I feel like this series could really improve, since another big problem with harem shows is that the main male lead is never characterized as his own- and more by his relationship with characters who do. (before they become part of the harem, in which case, they lose their characterization too)
I agree; Shidou's personality definitely needs more improvement.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:08   Link #1733
yankky5

Hey hey who updated volume 6. its great but aint it already crooked since v5 was apparently getting translated faster than v4. this just make thing more messy.

Last edited by yankky5; 2013-02-08 at 02:22.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:51   Link #1734
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Hey hey who updated volume 6. its great but aint it already crooked since v5 was apparently getting translated faster than v4. this just make thing more messy.
Translation is not done by a single person, so it will not be in sequence. Really, to even complaint about this when the translators are the ones burning effort and time for us.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:49   Link #1735
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Wow, ok just finished volume 3. Kurumi.

But what a cliffhanger, good thing volume 4 is partially translated or I don't know what I would've done.

If the anime is doing volume 3 then they HAVE to do volume 4. Otherwise a lot of people will rage.

Also, I realized the other day that the illustrator for this has also done the designs for Hyperdimesion Neptunia. I thought they looked similiar.
Old 2013-02-09, 20:49   Link #1736
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Translation is not done by a single person, so it will not be in sequence. Really, to even complaint about this when the translators are the ones burning effort and time for us.
yes yes I know though like I said its just messy; I do appreciate their effort but it makes my eyes spin seeing vol 6 getting translated even though v4 and v5 is still being translated. meh... whatever all the other LN is the same anyway

Last edited by yankky5; 2013-02-09 at 21:05.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:52   Link #1737
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
yes yes I know though like I said its just messy; I do appreciate their effort but it makes my eyes spin seeing vol 6 getting translated even though v4 and v5 is still being translated. meh... whatever all the other LN is the same anyway
................if you cant bear it. You can just read orderly and when you reach a stop, JUST STOP, it does not means you have to skip a few chapters ahead just because you are impatient to wait for the translator.
Old 2013-02-10, 14:35   Link #1738
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Hey it's @riki how's everything going? Are we gonna see our translator back anytime soon?
Old 2013-02-11, 05:14   Link #1739
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Hey it's @riki how's everything going? Are we gonna see our translator back anytime soon?
i'm back, but i wont be as speedy as last year since i need to study and (Lack of motivation from random complains).

Edit: i uploaded part 1 of Chapter 4

Last edited by Riki; 2013-02-11 at 10:07.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 10:21   Link #1740
Ramen00

random complains?? Should we make a club for you to receive all those complains so you'll be stress free?? xD Take your time to rest if you need one ^^ we are more likely glad that you are doing the translation, asking more for that is abuse already ^^ thanks always for your hardwork
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy