AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 10 10.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 19.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 36.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 21.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-05, 13:11   Link #21
hai_san

Beautifull ep, no drama only slice of life Ledo learns the hard work of job hunting.

Fan service... consider all the girls clothes are flimsy borderline to underwear i can't be surprise that all of them have a bikini... Ridget bikini isnt that daring compare to that...

Pinion get good guy bonus this ep.

ps: there you have the state of art Robot get misuse as a grill!

pss: the black tower is only a water sprinkler is seems.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:20   Link #22
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Damn those okamas. How could they plant kisses on Ledo's holy body?
Old 2013-05-05, 13:25   Link #23
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Urobochi allegedly only wrote episode 1. The other eps are written by other people, which might explain why things aren't going horribly.
I am disappoint.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:26   Link #24
Blaat

This episode was a huge waste of time, even a recap would have been better than this.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:32   Link #25
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
This episode was a huge waste of time, even a recap would have been better than this.
Not really. While the plot does not progress much, we get to see Ledo slowly adjusting to his surroundings. Ledo is confused and to a certain extent, scared of the unusual things around him, yet he perseveres and tries to go along with the flow with some help from Pinion and Amy. Isn't this directly linked to what Urobochi says about this anime, that people who are about to enter the society for real should know that it is not actually a scary thing. Episode 4 alone is not enough to develop this.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:34   Link #26
Gravitas Free Zone

Black Tower Anticlimax: Spraying your (fresh) water from a great height like that is wasteful, considering how much would evaporate in the air. It still seems like a rather odd structure compared to the rest of the Gargantia, and may still hold other purposes.

The beach ep/slice-of-life stuff wasn't bad, considered within the long history of beach episodes. Ledo got to see all sorts of interesting things. Everybody saw a bit of Ledo. Pinion was quite Hammy Katsuyuki Konishi.

I don't see Chamber actively opposing Ledo's efforts to find something to do; it seems more that Chamber really does look at the situation from within a narrow set of parameters. Ledo, to his credit, is coming to realize that he can't just "stand by" as easily as a giant robot can.

Though figuring that Chamber sees Ledo's skills as piloting a giant humanoid war machine, it should not take a huge adjustment to see if they can get Ledo to run one of the smaller ones.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:36   Link #27
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Not really. While the plot does not progress much, we get to see Ledo slowly adjusting to his surroundings. Ledo is confused and to a certain extent, scared of the unusual things around him, yet he perseveres and tries to go along with the flow with some help from Pinion and Amy. Isn't this directly linked to what Urobochi says about this anime, that people who are about to enter the society for real should know that it is not actually a scary thing. Episode 4 alone is not enough to develop this.

So this was part of the job hunting thing that Urobochi was talking about earlier...

Last edited by pagan poor; 2013-05-05 at 13:37. Reason: added quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:42   Link #28
bastek66

Quote:
NO.

Serioulsy, what is wrong with some people. Can't you just enjoy things?
Old 2013-05-05, 13:46   Link #29
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
After the excellent episode 4 this felt like a complete waste of time (especially for a 1 cour series).
Quote:
Eh.......What are you guys expecting from this show? Robot action scene? Blood bath? Tragic? Drama?

So far, the show is all about Ledo trying to adjust himself to Gargantia people. And this ep. is still about that like the past eps.

The whole fighting with alien is more like a side-line plot. Some of them may appear on Earth soon just to make thing a bit more serious but Ledo can just drive his Robot out (+ with some help from people on earth in some ways) to kill them like any normal action anime. There is no need to show anyone die in this show, really. (if that is what some people want to see)
Old 2013-05-05, 13:47   Link #30
CJ_Walker

Quote:
This. If I wanted to see a swimsuit episode, I'd watch one of the 10000000s of harem/my little sister is so cute type shows. . .

there is only 13 eps in this series, we don't have time for swimsuit episodes.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:50   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
there is only 13 eps in this series, we don't have time for swimsuit episodes.
Closer to 15 episodes, and what's the problem with using one of them on something like this? The characters need to have a status quo to fight towards, something that they want to keep living for. Letting us see what that status quo is can be helpful (and fun! This is a TV show, we're supposed to be entertained. We can be made to think too, but entertainment is the top, top priority.) Becoming too hyper-serialized can also have its downsides. Characters need room to breathe.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:50   Link #32
lightbringer
M9000

I liked the first half. The party in the second half was kind of unnecessary (especially the whole okama chase scene). Well, it's ok, the episode's not bad, but nowhere near how much I liked the previous 4 episodes. And really, with only a 1-cour we don't have time for them to mess around as much.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:52   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't mind having a breather episode like this but I wish it wasn't so conventional especially when the last episode proved it clearly had the ability to provide a lot better. It wasn't bad in any case.

Well I'm not gonna complain about the fanservice...

...the very very good fanservice...
Old 2013-05-05, 13:54   Link #34
ginger02

Haha I loved this episode. It really draws upon the feeling of people in their teens and 20's. They're trying to find a job, but it's hard. There never seems to be positions open, places accepting, things you're qualified for, etc. The episode shows that it's nice to just take it easy sometimes but still not give up, and that we'll find our purpose eventually

Ledo and the cow manure though lol
I'm wondering why one of the guys had such big boobs. The one with the magenta dress.
I loved Chamber's question about watching your weight and seeking to stuff your faces :P
Old 2013-05-05, 14:12   Link #35
HandofFate

lol, wonder how many breather episodes are we going to have.

Didn't expect a swimsuit episode. "Calm Day" is pretty much a weekend or holiday. The girls admiring Ledo's body was amusing. Start building you harem Ledo. My favorite is the flat chest one.

Also makes sense Ledo can't swim either.

Wonder if the flying contraption the girls are using is possible in real life, would love to ride one of those.

Chamber probably had the funniest lines this episode so far.

Found the manuver Amy did to win the race reminded of Initial D with throwing the tire into the glutter to be able to turn at a sharp angle.

First time Ledo seemed to enjoy eating animal carcass. He didn't really have any impression about eating the fish and chicken earlier.
Old 2013-05-05, 14:32   Link #36
Mangaka-chan

This episode was pretty slow paced, at least compared to the previous episodes, but still enjoyable. There were a few moments that made me laugh out loud, such as when the girls jump Ledo and he ends up in his trunks, when Amy's holding his hands to teach him how to swim, or when the poor guy gets chased all through the fleet by a group of ladyboys. Silly, but still funny.

I also didn't expect Pinion to throw the BBQ for Ledo, as just two episodes ago he wanted to hand Ledo over to the pirates or throw him overboard. I would've like to see a transition scene to show that Pinion's opinion of Ledo has changed.

As for the next episode, according to pre-released production images I think Amy's going to be dressed up in some sort of ceremonial garb for a festival or ritual of some sort.
Old 2013-05-05, 14:34   Link #37
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Argh! Now I'm confused between the MILF DUO (Bellows & Pinion) vs. the JAILBAIT TRIO (brown girl and company).

Still, Pinion's swimwear was hotter than Chamber in the sun. I'd love to see that in real life (plus megane beauty)
Old 2013-05-05, 14:48   Link #38
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Argh! Now I'm confused between the MILF DUO (Bellows & Pinion) vs. the JAILBAIT TRIO (brown girl and company).

Still, Pinion's swimwear was hotter than Chamber in the sun. I'd love to see that in real life (plus megane beauty)
Pinion is the mechanic dude... Ridget is the megane buxom.
Old 2013-05-05, 14:59   Link #39
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was a fun episode, and I loved the idea of using Chamber to cook on, which worked out a lot better than using him to cook with...!

Interesting to see that the Gargantia does have its own dubious areas, and Pinion gave Ledo a particular baptism of fire by sending him down there, although I had expected it was for booze rather than sauce.

I'd be perfectly happy if the show continued in this vein and the only big conflict would be Ledo having to decide whether he goes back to his people or stays on the Gargantia.

It also addressed a real-life concern. What does the career soldier do when the battle is over? Ledo's entire life has been about war. But now he's found peace. But what can he do with his life now?
The episode does have a very good point to raise there.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:00   Link #40
Tranhieu

I don't get why some people are complaining so much about this episode. Sure the slice of life bit isn't top notch if you are expecting something like episode 4, but the gag and service aren't that bad either. Though Production I.G made it a bit bold at times, I didn't really enjoy that crossdressing chase.
Closed Thread