AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 16:53   Link #21
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This webpage compatibility never ends -__- now your opera ain't compatible with my opera.
I keep my windows either maximized to full-screen or re-sized to dimentions lower then 800-600 (generally), the in-between doesn't make sence to me.

The dot is there so the avy's dynamicly place themselves in a table structure. So I can see a table regardless of screen size.

Here's from my POV

//Edit - Added a space to the right and left of the dot (I need that dot) that should solve the problem.
Old 2007-01-11, 17:25   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.E
Same browser as Radiosity (IE) also
Whoa there, I don't use that bug-ridden bag of rubbish! I use Opera. I just checked it using IE to make sure it wasn't just opera being weird.
And you're welcome, I hope it was tasty

Black Cat - Now you've added spaces the problem has gone away. Thanks

edit: Never mind, asked a silly question.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 20:17   Link #23
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Whoa there, I don't use that bug-ridden bag of rubbish! I use Opera. I just checked it using IE to make sure it wasn't just opera being weird.
And you're welcome, I hope it was tasty
Oh sorry, my bad.

Anyway, here are a few more:

Fate/stay Night

Bleach & Rozen Maiden

Marimite

Azumanga Daioh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Very nice. I notice most of the girls are SD versions of Kanon characters, but not all of them. What would you title this collection? Should we call it "Daniel E.'s Cute Girl Collection"?
I kinda prefer to call it the Watsuki or chibi set.

Moving along.....

I hope someone will post some avatars with male or mascot characters at some point. I just dont have anything to cover those themes.
Old 2007-01-12, 13:45   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm. looks like me and Daniel are then only ones making them? Can't anyone else contribute with one or two (preferably males)

Nobody ehh.. guess I'll just have to compensate.
//Note to NoSanninWa - this is the last batch, I do still have tonz and tonz of material to make them from left, however after spending 2 hours and a half making them and then going thru the pain of uploading them I don't feel like making any more. Hope the current batch (333 catgirls) + the ones before (54 + 39 = 103 catgirls, and 27 misc one) are enough. (total catgirls: 436 catgirls, grand total avys 463 )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...all material moved here

Last edited by felix; 2007-01-13 at 12:25.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 20:16   Link #25
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
Hm. looks like me and Daniel are then only ones making them? Can't anyone else contribute with one or two (preferably males)
I was just about to mention that.
Quote:
Nobody ehh.. guess I'll just have to compensate.
Not nearly on this forum as much as I used to be/should be, but if I get some free time I'll see if I can make something.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 01:55   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks BlackCatXIII. You weren't kidding about how many you would make! I'm just shocked. I'm not sure how many hundred of those we'll use, but now I'm going to have to go through them and make sure we include all the best. (Which will definitely include Neko Mimi Yuki) It might take us a bit, but I am going to make sure we add a "neko mimi" collection to our forum.

Just marvelous!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 10:03   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow those pictures are all very monotonous.
When I think of a set, I imagine different characters from one series.
Using charachters from one series would mean that they would get old, besides this, they would all most likely share a common fealing. IMO it's better if they're all a lil' diffrent, that way there's one lil' one for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Though they look pretty good. Must have been a lot of work to create them.
Thankie ^_^

No I didn't find it that hard to make them, like with most things it's all about how you organise your work and thinking a lil' before you start. The real pain comes when you upload them, I thought it was going to be boring but good god was it ever. If I made a hundred more to upload I feel my head would have exploded. It's even a pain thinking about it now. If it wasn't for photobuckets smart interface and features I don't know how I would have maneged to upload them all.

But even with all of Photobucket's smart bits uploading them takes a lot of you.
Old 2007-01-13, 10:20   Link #28
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Might I suggest people provide a link to an archive file (e.g. zip) with the images.

Having them all load on the page looks impressive, but isn't remotely helpful in actually getting them installed. Mb81 will want/need a zip or tgz file, so while we could download each image in turn and then make one for him, it would be much easier for the person making the avatars to upload / email us the file.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 10:40   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Now you tell me. Sheesh.
Working on it.

Last edited by felix; 2007-01-13 at 11:21.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 11:21   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Self-Extracting .rar File
Standard .zip Archive
Standard .7z Archive
Old 2007-01-13, 12:09   Link #31
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Might I suggest people provide a link to an archive file (e.g. zip) with the images.

Having them all load on the page looks impressive, but isn't remotely helpful in actually getting them installed. Mb81 will want/need a zip or tgz file, so while we could download each image in turn and then make one for him, it would be much easier for the person making the avatars to upload / email us the file.
I'll do the same as Blackcat eventually, honest. >_< !!!
Old 2007-01-14, 22:55   Link #32
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, I like the idea of all these catgirl avatars, but is there by any chance a possibility that we could get a bunch of guys in that avatar collection? Guys from shows like bleach and others?
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 04:26   Link #33
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Hey, I like the idea of all these catgirl avatars, but is there by any chance a possibility that we could get a bunch of guys in that avatar collection? Guys from shows like bleach and others?
Yes, we hope to have a nice set of avatars with male characters in the future.

Why, if you have some you yourself made or if you know someone that could help us in that regard, it would be a great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Not nearly on this forum as much as I used to be/should be, but if I get some free time I'll see if I can make something.
Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

Hardly enough to balance things up, but it's a start. >_< !

Couldn't resist adding a few of the girls along the way.

Haven't forgotten about the Zip file by the way.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-01-18 at 02:30.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:37   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Progress seems slow
Here's something that should speed thing up 100 times.
Actions - Making Avys FAAASSSTTT
Old 2007-01-19, 01:48   Link #35
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Please don't expect us to be fast changing the avatars on the forum. It takes much too long for us to move on such things.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-01-19, 02:02   Link #36
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Please don't expect us to be fast changing the avatars on the forum. It takes much too long for us to move on such things.
Ah, I am actually glad to hear this.

I have always though of this as a very slow-paced idea. I'll be sure to slowly but surely upload more avatars as the days moves on.
Old 2007-01-19, 02:10   Link #37
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ NoSanninWa

That was directed at out friend Daniel silly. It's a macro thingy.

@ Daniel

Gambatnee.
Old 2007-01-19, 02:39   Link #38
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
@ NoSanninWa

That was directed at out friend Daniel silly. It's a macro thingy.
I know. I simply meant that Daniel doesn't have to hurry. He knew what I meant.

BTW, I really liked those Bleach avvys Daniel.

Cats: I think you made your avvys much too quickly. Some of them looked really great, but others lost too much detail or contrast when you shrunk them into avatars. It's a shame when great art becomes a medicore to bad avatar. I think about a fifth of them weren't up to standards. I've already weeded out the bad ones from your set so that I can consider the rest.

I also weeded out the 14 YKK avvys. I think maybe a YKK set would be nice if we had some more.

Old 2007-01-19, 06:33   Link #39
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No prob, wasn't that the idea.

-----------------------------------------------

As for the detail thing. Mmm. Well isn't it to be expected.
I mean if you have 2 pics one's a wall and ones fan art of the wall. If you're going to make 2 avys out of them, who do you think will end up better.

BTW, I don't think I've rushed them, other then the fact that I let almost all the fanart in, I manually tweeked everything from levels, curves, shadows & highlites, saturation etcetera and even had a break point at the export to make sure that the lines still showed and resize wouldn't cause a flare. It's more work then you think.

Of course there was the option of going thru' them and hand picking the already tweeked ones but I didn't want to do it that way.

--------------------------------------------

P.S. I haven't been following YKK art very much, but I think that it's rare to find any, unless I start making them from things like black & white scans. But the results aren't pretty, then there are the coloured manga scans which are not an option. (really horid lines when downsampling)
Old 2007-01-23, 00:41   Link #40
raikage
日本語を食べません!

A very minor contribution, just because I think we need some more guys.

I'm really not sure what we're looking for in terms of avatars.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote