Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-12, 07:02   Link #17101
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Doesn't count, since it's not a tax on the "job creators." The GOP is fine with tax on the middle class and poor.
Probably than the only wat to make them care about the middle class would be than that said middle class should give then money .
Old 2011-10-12, 13:06   Link #17102
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Doesn't count, since it's not a tax on the "job creators." The GOP is fine with tax on the middle class and poor.
The funny part is that it can be shown that the "job creators" *aren't* the ultra-wealthy in the US. The .01%ers learned how to make trillions without creating a single job (in fact its often made by eliminating hundreds of thousands of jobs). Jobs tend to arise from small and medium-size business - who are in the same boat with the middle class in that the top .01% could care less about them other than as another source to loot from. One reason you see many business owners mistakenly aligning with these thieves is that they don't grasp that they are shouldering the tax burden that the .01%ers have skipped out on.

12 cookies. The .01%er takes 11 cookies and then tells the middleclass/smallbusinessguy "watch out, that poor guy over there might take your cookie". Of course, it was the middleclass/smallbusinessguy who baked the cookies in the first place.
Old 2011-10-12, 17:50   Link #17103
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Why a cook ?
Iran. After Eagle Claw.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-10-12, 18:03   Link #17104
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

RIM scrambles to end global BlackBerry outage
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79B24Y20111012
Quote:
Research In Motion said on Wednesday it was working frantically to end a three-day global disruption of BlackBerry services that has frustrated millions of smartphone users and put more pressure on the company for sweeping changes
Who many consumer will they loose after this ?
Probably a lot.
Old 2011-10-12, 18:07   Link #17105
AnimeFan188

More Than 93,000 Sony Customers Affected in New Breach

"Sony announced on Tuesday that hackers broke into the accounts of more than
93,000 customers by trying to log in to Sony using a large list of usernames and
passwords.

Sony said it believed the intruders collected the log-in credentials from another
source, not from Sony’s networks, and were able to gain access to the Sony
accounts because customers used the same credentials with their Sony accounts."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...unts-breached/
Old 2011-10-12, 19:28   Link #17106
GundamFan0083

Issa subpoenas Justice Department, Holder for Fast and Furious documents

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...st-and-furious

Well it's about time.
Old 2011-10-13, 03:10   Link #17107
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Warren Buffett brings tax fight to supercommittee
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Warren Buffett is bringing his fight to raise taxes on the super-wealthy to Congress' deficit-reduction supercommittee.

In an exchange of letters between the billionaire investor and a Republican congressman that Buffett sent the committee this week, Buffett is offering to release his federal tax returns — with a condition.

"If you could get other ultra rich Americans to publish their returns along with mine, that would be very useful to the tax dialogue and intelligent reform," Buffett wrote.

In Buffett's letter sent Tuesday to Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., Buffett did reveal new information about his own earnings last year. He wrote that his adjusted gross income, which can exclude some income and expenses, was $62,855,038. His taxable income was $39,814,784.

In a New York Times opinion piece this summer in which he said tax rates on the wealthiest Americans were too low, Buffett disclosed that he paid $6,938,744 in federal taxes last year, or 17.4 percent of his taxable income. Taxable income is lower than adjusted gross income because it subtracts exemptions and itemized deductions such as charitable contributions and state and local taxes.

Buffett's views have become central to the struggle between President Barack Obama and Congress over how to control the federal debt. Obama has used the "Buffett Rule" to describe his fight to clamp taxes on the wealthy that are at least as high as those paid by lower earners, a drive that Republicans oppose.

Buffett forwarded both letters to members of the supercommittee this week with a brief note stating in part, "You may find some of the figures helpful in your deliberations."
If we didn't have Buffet, I wonder what new taxes would be awaiting us non-millionaire-Americans .
Old 2011-10-13, 04:00   Link #17108
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I always compute my "effective tax" on the dollars I actually pay versus my *total* income. "Taxable income" is just the end result of many waivers, subsidies, or sidesteps.
Using those figures, Warren paid only about 11% of his income.
In my own personal case.... we're doing quite well if we can wiggle our percentage down to 18% (and that doesn't include payroll taxes to SS and Medicare).

Payroll taxes SS/Medi -- cap out at about 100K ... so whereas most people pay those taxes on 100% of their income.... someone making a million a year only pays it on 10% of their income.
Old 2011-10-13, 04:57   Link #17109
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

8 killed in Southern California salon shooting
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-13-05-47-42

Israel-Hamas prisoner exchange sparks mixed feelings
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2198826/
Old 2011-10-13, 08:36   Link #17110
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Warren Buffett brings tax fight to supercommitteeIf we didn't have Buffet, I wonder what new taxes would be awaiting us non-millionaire-Americans .
Buffett is playing a fine game here of win-win. With more money, the greedier ones will use it gamble on the stock market, allowing more volatility and greater earnings for Berkshire Hathaway. The more conservative ones will thank him for having more to save.

In short, if he lives past the next decade, he would outshoot Bill Gates.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-10-13, 09:34   Link #17111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Are Gibson guitars killing the rainforest?
Old 2011-10-13, 10:13   Link #17112
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Alleged Iran plot may have violated U.N. treaty
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79C0SE20111013

For what I read adout it, that ''plot'' didn't sound much professional or serious.
Old 2011-10-13, 10:47   Link #17113
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Alleged Iran plot may have violated U.N. treaty
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79C0SE20111013

For what I read adout it, that ''plot'' didn't sound much professional or serious.
I can't decide that between fake or real.

Firstly, I don't think the Iranians are that dumb, nor are they that capable with a number of sayanims in their ranks.

Or maybe somebody is trying to play the rest of ME against Iran.

Old 2011-10-13, 11:03   Link #17114
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
, nor are they that capable with a number of sayanims in their ranks.
The suspect than they arrested didn't seem much ''capable'' to me.
Old 2011-10-13, 11:29   Link #17115
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How far did this plot go before they stopped it? Because I can't imagine a Mexican drug cartel willing to attack America and risk an invasion. I would've thought that it's the last thing they'd want (though I don't actually know much about the Mexican situation btw)
Old 2011-10-13, 11:30   Link #17116
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How far did this plot go before they stopped it? Because I can't imagine a Mexican drug cartel willing to attack America and risk an invasion. I would've thought that it's the last thing they'd want (though I don't actually know much about the Mexican situation btw)
They probably are trying to chase after something or another fugitive who went over the border.

Then it exploded, like Kashmir.

Old 2011-10-13, 15:50   Link #17117
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How far did this plot go before they stopped it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They probably are trying to chase after something or another fugitive who went over the border.
I don't think anyone came close to the Mexican border. The supposed cartel representative was an FBI informant:

Quote:
The indictment says one of the accused approached a US informant, who was posing as a member of a Mexican drug cartel, to carry out the assassination.
See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15298410

Given the sorry state of US credibility around the world these days, I imagine most people outside this country think this whole story sounds like a bad spy novel. I can't say I'd blame them either. I'm waiting to hear a good explanation for the motive in this case other than "it's just those crazy Iranians up to their same old tricks." What purpose does it serve to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US? Why in the US? To embarrass the US and show that Iran can wield power at will in this country? The whole plot is so outlandish and unbelievable that it's hard to know who, if anyone, is telling the truth here.

Now for, as they say, "something completely different":

Did Michelle Bachman Really Suggest Herman Cain is the Anti-Christ?

(Believe me this was no idle off-the-cuff remark, but a carefully planned strategem to raise doubts about Cain among the evangelical Christian wing of the Republican primary electorate. His last name must be somewhat disturbing to Old Testament mavens as well.)
Old 2011-10-13, 19:00   Link #17118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Of course, keep in mind we've seen plots from another country that involved drug-running for arms, selling weapons to drug cartels, exploding cigars for Castro, misuse of poorly vetted intel, and private contracted armies with no legal oversight.... so Iran doing something 'stupid' isn't entirely bizarre
Old 2011-10-13, 19:07   Link #17119
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Of course, keep in mind we've seen plots from another country that involved drug-running for arms, selling weapons to drug cartels, exploding cigars for Castro, misuse of poorly vetted intel, and private contracted armies with no legal oversight.... so Iran doing something 'stupid' isn't entirely bizarre
especially when you get 4 different faction stirring the pot.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:49   Link #17120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you *really* want to "occupy Wall Street", do all your shopping and dining at a small *independent* merchant's shop or restaurant for the rest of the year. -- (borrowed thought of the day)

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international