AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 18:29   Link #841
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just adoring the Tenshi avatar/signature ganbaru.
Old 2013-04-16, 20:29   Link #842
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It a bit weird to ask but what Tenshi signature/avatar are you refering to ? The last Tenshi sig I remember to have posted was the Xmass gift than I made for Mute so I don't see which one you are talking about.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:43   Link #843
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Time for a new weekly update.
Two new set of signatures and avatars:

And something else:
Old 2013-04-23, 03:55   Link #844
rikikai
fighting in my nightmare
*Graphic Designer

I really like the first set!
And the "something else" signature is also very pretty!
Old 2013-04-25, 20:40   Link #845
Suomi
Kaiba

The freebie is gorgeous!! <3
Maybe I'll politely ask for it later on. I really like my current ones. (thanks again for those).
Have you ever considered doing a sig with two guys? Sort of like you did with the two touhou girls but with guys...like soft shounen ai?
Old 2013-04-28, 17:56   Link #846
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ rikikai, Suomi, thank for the comments.
And Suoni, I almost neer use guy on my signatures, so let's just say than it's very unlikely.

Two news set of signatures and avatar:

And something elses.

To be honeest, I am not much happy with thoses two; on the oversized one I blended much more the arm and leggs to try to hide than it was less well draw than the rest and the result is at least weird and if the second one isn't that bad the girl's face did lose some quality when I resized in while making the sig.
Old 2013-04-29, 04:53   Link #847
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The main problem with the set is that it blends together a bit too much. It feels oversaturated and flat, lacking depth, as well as an over-reliance on C4Ds. I've noticed you've increased it a little and I would suggest not to go overboard. It tends to take it over too much.

The two last ones, which you aren't happy with, are actually better IMO (well, apart from the quality loss as you mentioned). They focus more on the characters and aren't over-the-top, though still suffer from some flatness and oversaturation.

However, you still have a good grasp on color combinations, so that's something I think you should continue doing. It's just the above that still needs some work.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:19   Link #848
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ NorthernFallout thank for the comment, BTW what do you thought about the first set ?

Time for my weekly update.
Two new set of signatures andavatars:

And something else:
Old 2013-05-05, 18:55   Link #849
Suomi
Kaiba

I really like this set, partly because I'm a bookworm and partly because I love Reimu. My only criticism would be the lighting on the Reimu set and the freebies, especially the white parts, is a bit too harsh, and some parts of all of them are somewhat oversharpened. On the Reimu ones, there is also some seemingly extraneous c4d on the far right corner and beneath where the text is. The oversharpening and to obright lighting seem to be 2 consistent things I notice in your c4d heavy work, so I would recommend to work on that.
Old 2013-05-10, 00:04   Link #850
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm still liking the new way you use for avatars.
Old 2013-05-12, 13:54   Link #851
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

.@ Hooves, Suomi , than for the comments.

Time for the weekly update.
Two different set of signatures and avatars:

And a little something else:
Old 2013-05-13, 21:41   Link #852
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Your current signature caught me by surprise.
Quite like how the background seems to go really well with the old man.

Great to see your still as active as before. Unlike me.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:45   Link #853
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Kaihan, The fact than I made the background with copy of the old man might had helped.

Time for the weekly update:
Two new set of signatures and avatars:

And a little something else:
Old 2013-05-19, 22:00   Link #854
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
This caught my eye the most. Mostly because of the purple lights.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:25   Link #855
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

^same

but not just the color...

it's because it is Patchy ^^

btw is this Youmu >>>

if it is... *warning for fake chest* lol...

Keep up the updates since you're one of the few ancient relics in the fan creation forum who do some signatures lol..
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:29   Link #856
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Hooves I thought than thoses would catch the attention of some peoples.
@ Patchy, no it isn't Youmu, just a original character selected because of what she is, instead of who
Old 2013-05-26, 10:17   Link #857
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It's time for a weekly update.
Two news set of signatures and avatars:

And something else:
Old 2013-05-30, 00:00   Link #858
Suomi
Kaiba

I really like your sigs and your style, sempai, but I have one criticism. In almost all of your signatures, especially the c4d ones, they are too brigh, often way too bright. Especially the lighter and white colors, they are just brightened too much, to the point of harshness. The problem persists especially around faces and white parts of backgrounds, but sometimes just overall, such as in the recent patchy one. I would recommend toning down the brightness on your sigs. I think it will improve them a lot.
Old 2013-06-02, 09:15   Link #859
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Two new sets of signatures and avatars:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomi View Post
I really like your sigs and your style, sempai, but I have one criticism. In almost all of your signatures, especially the c4d ones, they are too brigh, often way too bright. Especially the lighter and white colors, they are just brightened too much, to the point of harshness. The problem persists especially around faces and white parts of backgrounds, but sometimes just overall, such as in the recent patchy one. I would recommend toning down the brightness on your sigs. I think it will improve them a lot.
That's something than I should keep in mind but given my preference for bright,almost white, skins and my reliance to white colors brushs, this might take a while.
Speaking of brightness, I guess than this next one might be too much, but the brightness isn't without a purpose on this oversized one:
Old 2013-06-09, 07:13   Link #860
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Time for a bigger than usual weekly update.
Two new set of signatures and avatar, finishing the main part of my current project:

Both full series, based on arcana quote at the end of the game Persona 3 and their related arcana on the standard Tarot deck. ( link video of the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N79QsMfWKeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYd2qPaO8Q )

The full series around mundane character, more focused on meaning than visual :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The whole series based around Touhou character, with a focus more around the visual:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
And, instead of what I do usually when I finish a project, posting about 4 freebies made of material gathered for the project but not really used for it , I did the rest of the missing arcana for both series:

14 Temperance. Moderation, Temperance, Unification and Harmony.
( Artwork used made by minami_seira )

Probably the hardest to illustrate, especialy without a context, even now I am not sure than I made the right choice.

15 The Devil. Materialism, Temptation, Passion and Instinct.
( Artwork used made by chiko_(d04099)

I could had gone with a full ecchi sig for this one but it would had missed the materialism part so I went with a more modest but also more complete idea: pretty girl and food. I prefered a dessert to something like a main course because it's usualy more tempting and bing usualy ony a ''extra''.
To be honest, I seriously thought about using this picture http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/396944?tags=kankurou insted. THe sig would probably endded up more colorfull but there was one big problem; fictional character don't have ID. I usualy don't worrie about that but can I really put a ''most likely 15 than 18'' girl on The Devil ? I didn't seem right so I had to pass.

16 The Tower. Disruption, Crisis and Disaster.
( Artwork used made by risa_hibiki )

Another one than had given me trouble because of the lack of circonstance. After rejecting some ideas ( ''girl crying under the rain'' for example) I endded going with the ''victim/survivor being conforted'' idea when I found the picture used for this one.
The disaster have happened but the viewer don't now what kind of disaster happened (unless he know what is the circonstance of the original picture). By not showing the disaster it create a situation of many possible disaster ( natural catastrophe, fire, murder etc...) becomeing not one disaster but The Disaster.
BTW, I thought about using this picture ( http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4210...s=s_zenith_lee ) insted but what happened was rather obvious. THe impact would probably had been stronger but not deeper and for this serie I was looking much more for meaning than emotion.

17 The Star. Optimism, Joy and Calm.
(Artwork used made by crazypen )

For The Star, using something else than a happy, smiling child would had been a bad idea.

18 The Moon. Confusion and Illusion.
(Artwork used made by yaozhiligenius )

I wish than I would had found a very good picture of a girl adjusting her makeup in front of a mirror but all the pictures I found had at least one thing than bothered me, so I went for this one insted.

19 The Sun. Happiness, Innocence
( Artwork used made by goto-p )

Pretty close of The Star but I don't think than it would be wise to think thoses two interchangeable.

20 The Judgement. Accepting one's past action and Judgement.
(Artwork used made by re:i )

This one is pretty much cliché, a old man, much closer to the end of his life than of it's begining.

21 The World. Fulfillment, Harmony and The end of a cycle before the Begining of another.
( artwork used made by pisuke )

One life is at his begining, the other close of it end.

14 Temperance. Moderation, Temperance, Unification and Harmony.

Hijiri Byakuen, the ''Youkai Jesus'' than preached tolerance betweem youkai and human.

15 The Devil. Materialism, Temptation, Passion and Instinct.

Rumia, a low youkai triven mostly by instinc and pulsion for food.
Remilia would had been a interesting one. As for Koakuma if she would had be a succubus in canon instead of simply fanon, she would probably had the spot.

16 The Tower. Disruption, Crisis and Disaster.

Kagiyama Hina, the god of misfortune seem to me as the best choice. I know than many see Flandre as The Tower with her power of destruction coupled with her ''issue'' but to me she might be more of a reverse Strenght if not the embodiment of a Anti-Strenght.

17 The Star. Optimism, Joy and Calm.

Kochiya Sanae. Sanae the good girl. Sanae the miracle-maker. Sanae the optimistic miko ( compared to Reimu at least).

18 The Moon. Confusion and Illusion.

I could had gone with Kaguya for this one, as she is the ''moon princess'' but Reisen got the spot because she is also from the moon but have also the power to produce illusion.

19 The Sun. Happiness, Innocence

Utsuho's power is probably what is closest of the actual sun in Gensokyo.

20 The Judgement. Accepting one's past action and Judgement.

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, the one than will judge at the end.

21 The World. Fulfillment, Harmony and The end of a cycle before the Begining of another.

A bit of a clichee but as the creator of Gensokyo and the one than maintain the barrier, she was the better choice. The only other choice I could had use was Reimu as the Main Character but I needed her for The Justice.

Comment or C&C would be appreciated.

Tags
ganbaru