AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-17, 01:56   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wink Bleach, the Movie (Memories of Nobody)

This is not a joke.

It has been posted at the Official TV-Tokyo Website. A section labeled 'MOVIE'.

I pray that this is not a joke, and there would be indeed an upcoming Bleach movie.

I'm also taken by surprised, after learning that news.

No more information has been disclosed as of yet.

Update by Moderator: DVD to be released on March 27, 2007.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-04-11 at 03:22.
Old 2006-05-17, 02:33   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Hope it's in continuity unlike the OVA...
Old 2006-05-17, 02:44   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Indeed. It is jarring to see a segment that cannot be placed at any time during the course of a series. I'm not holding my breath though.

Almost all anime movies are created as sidestories to the anime which have no bearing on the show and can be ignored without losing anything of import. That's not a problem. The problem is that about a third of them cannot be placed entirely into continuity. There are often at least a few small details that place the story into mutually contradictory timeframes.

That 2005 Jump Festa though.... that wasn't a few small details. That was a completely different world that only slightly resembled the timeframe after the Soul Society arc. Completely outside of all continuity.

I won't waste my time praying for complete continuity. Let's just hope it's closer than that last OVA.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-17, 05:54   Link #4
Soulz_Byakuya

Hope Bleach The Movie won't be alike to naruto 2nd movie, I think Naruto 2nd movie is abit lame....... Only some part were exciting, many part were boring and the animation is a weird.
Old 2006-05-17, 08:06   Link #5
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

This news was already confirmed it's true, for more info check www.bleach7.com
Old 2006-05-17, 08:17   Link #6
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

saw this loooong ago... well no info on it. The trailer shows nothing but scenes from the anime. Only thing interesting is:

BLEACH: DA MOVIE. DECEMBER: OUT

ok, its the, not da...
who cares :P
Old 2006-05-17, 14:55   Link #7
uezurii

After seeing the commercial for it...It seems that the movie will have many scenes from the third opening ^^
Old 2006-05-17, 15:29   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by uezurii
After seeing the commercial for it...It seems that the movie will have many scenes from the third opening ^^
Oh, ha-ha.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-17, 15:31   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

A BLEACH movie with theatrical cinematic production and ample animation//FX budget sounds great to me...As long as it's a GOOD scenerio (doesn't have to fit anything really) I'd be amped to watch...
Old 2006-05-17, 22:11   Link #10
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
It bothers me a bit that they are doing this now. I mean it's supposed to be out in december, which ought to be right about (based on many guesses) the time this current arc ends, and the manga portion starts back up. Not a good time for another possibly non-continuous project. At least not from a marketing standpoint.

It seems like it's being somewhat rushed, since this is the first mention of it, and it doesnt look like anything is done (based on the trailer that almost any fan could whip up with a little effort). Hopefully they're just playing it close to the vest, but it's hard to say. I just hope that they put out a quality product, even if it doesnt have anything to do with the story. Overmarketing has killed franchises before, and i hope that this will not be the case.
Old 2006-05-21, 11:00   Link #11
breed

one of my friends at http://world-of-dungeons.de/?link_wd_31400 said that the trailer was only made of scenes that were in the show already, so why was that? no material yet?
Old 2006-05-21, 11:43   Link #12
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Bleach, although still miles away from what is Naruto, is going down its path. Not good. Not good at all.
Old 2006-05-21, 12:23   Link #13
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomang5
It bothers me a bit that they are doing this now. I mean it's supposed to be out in december, which ought to be right about (based on many guesses) the time this current arc ends, and the manga portion starts back up. Not a good time for another possibly non-continuous project. At least not from a marketing standpoint.
It would at least have the possibility of fitting in-continuity if placed in-between arcs.
Old 2006-05-23, 15:10   Link #14
rukia82

The trailer was cool even if made just of scenes of the anime :P
I am looking forward the movie
Old 2006-05-24, 21:35   Link #15
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i just hope it's not one of those filler movies, but its highly possible ~.~;
Old 2006-05-24, 21:48   Link #16
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X
i just hope it's not one of those filler movies, but its highly possible ~.~;
Movies can't be filler.
Old 2006-05-25, 00:58   Link #17
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Rotflol! Let's not be pointlessly defensive.

Various definitions of filler
  1. Story which is not in the manga.
    Obviously, this is true of nearly all anime movies related to an ongoing TV series. Such movies are never based on manga.

2. Animated story created to give the manga time to get ahead of the TV episodes.
    Well... Since the movie has nothing to do with the advance of TV episodes, it is impossible for a movie to fulfill this definition. I suspect that this is the definition that Thewanderer uses.

3. Badly written.
    Heh. Since some anime has been bad despite being based on manga, obviously this is not any sort of proper definition of filler. Unfortunately Naruto has hammered the idea into people's head that filler=bad. I also suspect that Clamp-X is using this definition in his post. At least this is the only definition that makes sense in context.
Actually, definition 2 is the official definition, but I understand that we aren't all using the same understanding of the word, so I make allowances. Definition 3 is frankly wrong, so depending on whether you use definition 1 or 2, a movie is either ALWAYS filler or NEVER filler.

It is meaningless to wonder if a movie will be filler.

Old 2006-05-25, 01:48   Link #18
Syzygy

The chances of the movie being in continuity are virtually nill, maybe it'd fit in as a filler sort of thing but anime movies rarely have any impact on the main storyline.

Besides, filler isn't always bad. The current Bleach filler is decent for being a filler arc, and filler in Hunter x Hunter is awesome. You know the part during the hunter exam where everyone works together on the ship? That was a sneakily inserted piece of filler.
Old 2006-05-25, 01:52   Link #19
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I suspect that this is the definition that Thewanderer uses.
Pretty much
Old 2006-05-26, 04:47   Link #20
luluboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulz_Byakuya
Hope Bleach The Movie won't be alike to naruto 2nd movie, I think Naruto 2nd movie is abit lame....... Only some part were exciting, many part were boring and the animation is a weird.
oh haha, i watched naruto movie 2 too. yea i agreed its kinda lame cos some characters can even transform into monsters lol. whats more is that naruto movies nv showed a stronger naruto, he is always using the same atk over and over again.
Closed Thread