AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-11, 21:01   Link #21
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
As far as I concern, I think I read some approximate release dates.

Gundam SEED Destiny Special Editions:
2nd will be out in late this month, July 27 and 28.
3rd around late October.
Final around late January 2007.

Stargazer OVA:
1st at next friday.
2nd around August.
Final around September.
All three will be released on DVD on November.

Delta Astray will start with in two monts, at least it will start late 2006.

Two movies are to be released separately on late this year and early 2007. No details.

And Gundam SEED Destiny sequal are rumored to be released mid-to-late 2007 or early 2008.

Latter two listing are supposed so do not ask/flame me.
Um what? Stargazer comes out this friday. Delta Astray already started and is a manga only, and there won't be "two movies" released sepreately... I dunno where you got that info from...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:27   Link #22
[DarkazurESky]

I didn't specify lol. Delta as manga only of course. I read there is 2 movies and it wont be released at the same time. Y? because it is like X-men and X-men 2 being released at the same time. Deacon did you released the Delta chapters yet?
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 23:04   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
I didn't specify lol. Delta as manga only of course. I read there is 2 movies and it wont be released at the same time. Y? because it is like X-men and X-men 2 being released at the same time. Deacon did you released the Delta chapters yet?
The "2 movies" thing was a rumor that was never substantiated. So as far as we know, there is one movie and that's it.
Old 2006-07-11, 23:31   Link #24
[DarkazurESky]

Thanks for the info. At least I am half correct. Do guys think this movie is likely to intro new faces/casts for supposed 3rd season?
Old 2006-07-11, 23:33   Link #25
monster

It's possible, though I doubt it for now.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 02:39   Link #26
sevenheaven7

a third serie

so something announced about a third serie of gundam seed at the moment? I hope they do a third gundam seed after these ovas
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 03:04   Link #27
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

IF they do a 3rd gundam seed then I would hope they fix up Shinn's character. I would like to see him as a more established antagonist. I would like him to play a Zechs type of role instead of what he was in Seed Destiny. If they did it like that it would balance out the show instead of just having all the ace pilots and uber gundams on 1 side.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 03:05   Link #28
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
No i hope there will never be a GS3.
I think they shamed themselve enought with GSD, no need to continue.
But the law of market demanding that kids buy model of gundam will prolly feed us a GS3....
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 05:22   Link #29
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
No i hope there will never be a GS3.
I think they shamed themselve enought with GSD, no need to continue.
But the law of market demanding that kids buy model of gundam will prolly feed us a GS3....
I agree partly about what you said about market demand. Sadly, it's true.
But I would like to see a GS3 because I part of the sad audience that they captured and are waiting to be fed, lol.
They think it's easier to target audiences like me who want more overpowered beam spamming Gundams, model kits, fanservice, etc. than to target UC fans who are looking for hardcore plot and mindjobs, etc.
The creators will think they can milk more money of audiences like me. But at least we're both happy, they get cash, I get new toys, etc. etc.

lol... anyways, to be serious for a sec, to refer to the old saying 'if at first you don't succeed...'

I'd like to see the creators take another crack at it. The CE universe isn't beyond saving. If possible (and I believe it is), I'd like to see a better series, done better, amending itself from the flaws of the previous. IMO, SEED was boring in the first half, but exciting in the second half. Destiny was exciting in the first half, but boring in the last half. A new GS should either be exciting the entire time, but could also be boring the whole time.

I'd like to give these writers/creators/animators another chance, because although their efforts weren't that significant (come on, recaps, stock footage, etc.), they still caught my attention and made me watch it and are laughing at their offices right now because they wasted a few hours of my life by making me watch their show.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 06:00   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7
so something announced about a third serie of gundam seed at the moment? I hope they do a third gundam seed after these ovas
The third Gundam Seed will be the movie that was announced a while ago. It will feature the main cast, unlike Stargazer.
Old 2006-07-13, 06:01   Link #31
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

[OT]M_Flores: There is no such thing in UC as hardcore plot and mindwork, it's like GS/D[/OT]

Anyways, I'm really hoping for a third installment of the CE series, cos I'm like Flores_M I love the spamming and the uberness pilots, cos grunts arent supposed to have a chance against the hero. Would be like when Luke Skywalker gets shot on the hand, instead of him killing the grunt the grunt kills Luke. Heros always wins not grunts.

And yeah it would be nice if Shinn got a little more character development, like everyone got in GS.
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 06:53   Link #32
grandmaster192

Lets say they made a GS3. How do you guys think they should use Shinn? And what type of unit should they give him?

Last edited by grandmaster192; 2006-07-13 at 07:06.
Old 2006-07-13, 08:51   Link #33
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, if they do make a third series, I can only hope they will NOT introduce a new protagnist this time around.

By the end of Final Plus, we learn that Shinn and Kira are supposedly buddies now, so I'd like to see how that will turn out. But seriously, instead of introducing a bunch of new casts we didn't care for, for example, I never cared for Shinn, ever since he showed his face on promo, but since his existence is now a fact, lets hope GS3 would elaborate on existing characters more.

Too little of Yzak and Dearka. They need more screen time

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 08:54   Link #34
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Lets say they made a GS3. How do you guys think they should use Shinn? And what type of unit should they give him?
I would prefer Shinn be like Yzak was in GSD. Still has attitude but is much more mature and rational. Yzak was pretty trigger happy and rash in Seed and he changed for the better. A similar change would work good for Shinn I think.
Old 2006-07-13, 15:04   Link #35
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I would like to have a Katoki redesign for the movie; much like Endless Waltz.

hawt
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 19:44   Link #36
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The third Gundam Seed will be the movie that was announced a while ago. It will feature the main cast, unlike Stargazer.
sevenheven7 sounds like the series as a season.
Old 2006-07-13, 20:47   Link #37
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattzu
[OT]M_Flores: There is no such thing in UC as hardcore plot and mindwork, it's like GS/D[/OT]
It was an inaccurate figure of speech, lol. Dont worry bout it.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 05:51   Link #38
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
I would prefer Shinn be like Yzak was in GSD. Still has attitude but is much more mature and rational. Yzak was pretty trigger happy and rash in Seed and he changed for the better. A similar change would work good for Shinn I think.
lol. I know I'm dreaming, but I would prefer for him to be like Zechs was in Endless Waltz but at the same time be anti-Kira.
Old 2006-08-11, 08:30   Link #39
Copy Ninja Kakashi

New gundam in 2007?

"Moonphase reports a new Gundam series is under consideration for Oct 2007 directed by Seiji Mizushima, director of Full Metal Alchemist. If true, it will occupy the Saturday 6pm slot on TBS. Currently Blood+ occupies this slot with Aykashi Ayashi taking over this Fall. This info is based on leaked internal source so take it with grain of salt."

I hope it's true and hopefully there will be a new CE story (sorry UC fans)

link: http://aeug.blogspot.com/
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 08:35   Link #40
NeonZ

No. More. Fukuda!

I hope this means a new AU. It'd be nice to just start over again... I'm not a big fan of the FMA anime, after it stopped following the manga. However, it still had more interesting protagonists than SEED...

Heh... Rumors about 4 New Eva movies, New Gundam series and new Nanoha tv series in 2 days! At least one must be real...!
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote