AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-30, 12:05   Link #201
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Chiaki's Todokenai Koi is clearly auto-tuned
I see--does Koharu (voiced by Yoriko Nagata) have songs on that album? I know she's done songs for K-ON!, like the following:

Setsuna has her own soundtrack album, where she sings songs from the original WA game, like Powder Snow:

Does she sing WA1's Game Op, Yuki no Mahou, too? Suara sang that for the WA1 game:

I'm sure Madoka Yonezawa would have done a great rendition of that classic song.

Still, I'd like to know the circumstances behind Madoka Yonezawa's casting. It must have been awkward to post something like the following:

"Aquaplus/Leaf is looking for a photogenic female seiyuu, capable of singing well, who's also willing to become the face of a majorly anticipated title--MUST be willing and capable of making (censored) noises (for the WA2 PC version) for this character too."

I have to wonder who auditioned for Setsuna and got rejected. I hope that in the end this title will be a positive contribution to Madoka Yonezawa's fame and acclaim, even with all the stigma for having to make (censored) noises.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 14:04   Link #202
Key Board
Carbon

Powder Snow: yes
Yuki no Mahou: no

only "returning" songs are
Sound of Destiny
Shin Ai (from the anime. Does this count?)
White Album
Powder Snow

Also IIRC, it has a few BGM from the first game
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:48   Link #203
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The songs in Setsuna's album were voted in by fans. We were able to choose from every song that Aquaplus/Leaf owned. I gave my vote to ヒトリ and POWDER SNOW, which got in.

Pretty much every female cast has auditioned for Setsuna and Kazusa. At least every guest on the radio mentioned that they did. It's pretty much that, you audition for those two, and if no go, the staff will try to figure out which other character might fit you well.

Last edited by Free; 2013-08-30 at 20:59.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 22:02   Link #204
velocity7

I voted for キミガタメ and it never made it in.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:34   Link #205
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
I voted for キミガタメ and it never made it in.
Think you could tell me what that title of that song is in Romaji and which game it's from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
The songs in Setsuna's album were voted in by fans. We were able to choose from every song that Aquaplus/Leaf owned. I gave my vote to ヒトリ and POWDER SNOW, which got in.
It took me a while, but I found out that "ヒトリ" is actually Hitori, originally sung by AKKO, which originally appeared in Leaf's 2003 title December when there is no Angel or "Tenshi no inai 12-Gatsu."

Quite a beautiful song, though sadly the lyrics haven't been translated into English to my knowledge. I hope the renewed interest into this title means that Leaf will put out a sequel to TenInai someday. The story was quite unique (and couldn't be made into an all-ages version), and to me still has one of Hiroko Taguchi's (who played Shinobu Sakaki) and Emiko Hagiwara's (who played Yukio Sumadera) best performances.

I'm still bummed that they didn't have Madoka Yonezawa sing "Yuki no Mahou" too, or "Twinkle Snow" either. Does anyone have the track listing for the non-Setsuna heroine character song album and who sings which song?

Quote:
Pretty much every female cast has auditioned for Setsuna and Kazusa. At least every guest on the radio mentioned that they did. It's pretty much that, you audition for those two, and if no go, the staff will try to figure out which other character might fit you well.
I'm still surprised that they chose Risato Habuki for Chiaki. She's a newbie, and as we've already established, can't (currently) sing well. Why not call back some other seiyuus who have done well with Leaf in the past (since they're using Hitomi Nabatame as one of the main heroines, and Nabatame-san previously played Yuma Tonami from To Heart 2)? I would think that Shizuka Itou or Rina Satou could have played the fun-loving onee-san character archetype quite well, which Chiaki seems to be. Both of those seiyuus have been in To Heart 2, and have made (censored) noises for eroge too, though Shizuka Itou has most likely scaled that part of her CV back ever since she got married.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:51   Link #206
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Think you could tell me what that title of that song is in Romaji and which game it's from?
It's not even hard to read, because it's just katakana >_>
"Kimi ga tame" and it's the ED to Utawarerumono.

Quote:
I'm still surprised that they chose Risato Habuki for Chiaki. She's a newbie, and as we've already established, can't (currently) sing well.
A "newbie" with voice acting experience since atleast 1998.....
You are not very knowledgeable when it comes to eroge seiyuu's

Also you are overreacting way too much on the "censored noise" nonsense, because in the end seiyuu's are still earning their pay with it
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:20   Link #207
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It's not even hard to read, because it's just katakana >_>
"Kimi ga tame" and it's the ED to Utawarerumono.
I can't read katakana, but that makes me wonder if she sang the Utawarerumono anime OP too (which was originally sung by Suara).

Quote:
A "newbie" with voice acting experience since atleast 1998.....
You are not very knowledgeable when it comes to eroge seiyuu's.
That's what I get for relying on English-language sources and not knowing how to read or type in Japanese.

Quote:
Also you are overreacting way too much on the "censored noise" nonsense, because in the end seiyuu's are still earning their pay with it
If it didn't affect their careers, why would seiyuus like Mai Kadowaki have to pull back on their eroge roles after getting married? I wonder if Shiho Kawaragi (another longtime eroge veteran) had to do so as well.
Old 2013-09-09, 14:52   Link #208
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Finally they made an anime adaption based on this. Heard that this 1 is way much better than it's predecessor. Honestly, I couln't cope with WH1, and had to stop halfway watching before it made me heartbroken
OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 16:29   Link #209
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post
Finally they made an anime adaption based on this. Heard that this 1 is way much better than it's predecessor. Honestly, I couln't cope with WH1, and had to stop halfway watching before it made me heartbroken
if WH1 made you heartbroken, WH2 will make you feel worse

it's that kind of story. You have been warned
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-09, 20:23   Link #210
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post
This is partly because of the original game's structure. Go take a look at a gameplay video of the original game's remake on the PS3 here:

And that's pretty much how the original game goes. You pick what the personality-free protagonist does each day, and build relationships with the various heroines by picking conversation topics to talk, talk, and talk with them day in and day out, over the course of around 4 months. The various heroines for the most part don't mingle with each other outside of the idol management company (which means only Yuki, Rina, and Yayoi regularly cross paths), so it's understandable that the anime script writers had to resort to making the heroines cross more paths with one another (such as having Haruka and Mana become friends) and making the hero incredibly indecisive so as to cram as many heroine paths as possible into the anime.

Funnily enough, some of the characters are characterized differently in the WA1 game than they were in the anime. Mana from the PS3 game isn't as much as an irrepressible brat as she was in the anime, for instance.

Thankfully the WA2 game wasn't an SLG-type game (a simulation love game), so it has a stronger plot backbone. Furthermore, the author of the WA2 game script is working closely with the anime creators, so we should see better results this time.

Still, I can't get over how much sharper everyone's features are this time around. I liked the designs they used for the WA2 game's animated OP better.

Quote:
if WH1 made you heartbroken, WH2 will make you feel worse

it's that kind of story. You have been warned
I'm betting the WA2 anime will be known as the "next KimiNozo" when it starts airing.
Old 2013-09-09, 22:36   Link #211
Key Board
Carbon

Official Website updated

airing date

http://whitealbum2.jp/onair/index.html

Earliest is Oct 5th on Tokyo MX

character section adds more characters
Old 2013-09-10, 13:54   Link #212
Mazryonh

Quote:
Official Website updated

character section adds more characters
Nice, anyone know who Youko Touma (Kazusa's single mother) is voiced by?

I'd like to post up a link to the WA2 game's animated OP so that the users here can compare the character designs used there with those used in the WA2 anime, but others here have mentioned that it spoils too much of the game's plot. Would a spoiler tag be sufficient or not for the link?
Old 2013-09-10, 14:04   Link #213
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Nice, anyone know who Youko Touma (Kazusa's single mother) is voiced by?
夏樹リオ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Natsuki
Old 2013-09-10, 14:43   Link #214
Mazryonh

Quote:
Thanks, I remember her from To Heart 2 as the alien Ruuko. (though I don't know if she's worked in any Leaf productions since then). I hope she gets time to shine in this series so as to increase her mainstream exposure. She's a very important character to Kazusa's backstory, after all (but then again, so is almost any parent to a child's life story).
Old 2013-09-10, 17:18   Link #215
Frontier

I've really been eager to watch this. A classic high-school love triangle with some nice music sounds more up my alley than the original White Album. And who better to be on animation production than Satelight, with their track record of shows featuring idols, music, and love triangles?

Funnily enough, the last series I watched with Hitomi Nabatame as a main character also had her as one end of a love triangle.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 18:14   Link #216
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

WA2 has quite a number of TH2 voicers. There's Naba, Natsuki Rio, Ono Ryouko, Kogure Ema, Yamakawa Kotomi, Ishitsuka Sayori, and more probably.
Old 2013-09-10, 22:18   Link #217
Mazryonh

Quote:
WA2 has quite a number of TH2 voicers. There's Naba, Natsuki Rio, Ono Ryouko, Kogure Ema, Yamakawa Kotomi, Ishitsuka Sayori, and more probably.
Aside from "Nabachii" and Rio Natsuki, who among the TH2 alumni has a significant role in this game? Certainly none of them voice the "winnable" heroines.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:16   Link #218
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

That depends on your meaning of significant, and I'm certainly not gonna go spoil things for you by telling you about the roles they voiced.

It's just interesting to find so many TH2 folks on WH2. Especially when they each go on the radio, greet Naba with "Ruuuuuuuu", which makes Yunechan go "????".
Old 2013-09-11, 04:09   Link #219
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Funnily enough, the last series I watched with Hitomi Nabatame as a main character also had her as one end of a love triangle.
What is called?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 11:34   Link #220
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
What is called?
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. Also a Satelight Production, and also directed by Masaomi Ando.

Hitomi Nabatame played Cryska.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical