AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-09-10, 22:00   Link #10221
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
The last two chapters have been pretty damn hilarious.

Had to love A-tan's reaction to Hayate thinking about groping her breasts.
Well she did insist on him touching when she first got freed from Midas though.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 00:10   Link #10222
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

any chapter with A-tan is gold for me

and when Hayate thinks about Yukiji, I have a good laugh

this breast-themed chapter is pretty good because we can see Hayate's true desire about breast
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 02:05   Link #10223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... What does he think A-tan is?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 03:10   Link #10224
kniteowl

One of the better chapters of Hayate in recent memory, mostly because of A-tan's reactions in the background.
Old 2014-09-13, 03:54   Link #10225
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

I realize the topic says Raw discussion only, but I don't even think there is a topic for discussion of the Viz manga. In any case, murmurs were heard today as Viz released December 2014 solicits to Right Stuf, and Hayate 25 was there.

This is a full 2 months ahead of the February solicit that was on Amazon. Is this a change from their February/September two a year policy? Will we be back to 4 per year? Who knows? But if true, this can only be good news.

I note Viz sped up Excel Saga from its yearly release schedule once the book had a definite ending in Japan. Perhaps Shogakukan hinted to them Hayate would end soon?
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:02   Link #10226
GlassesLady
dat apple

I really really doubt Hayate will be ending any time soon. There's no particular indication of a grand finale at this point, still plenty of loose ends, and as far as I know it's still quite popular in japan.

It's also entirely possible that someone up at Viz just done goofed. :P Would be nice if volume releases sped back up again, though.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 12:31   Link #10227
madmac

I dunno, I feel like the manga is about ready to timeskip past the anime any week now, especially with the chapter two weeks ago advertising itself as a "Good Place to Start". From there it would be pretty trivial to launch into a (longish) final arc.

Besides, anytime lately someone asks Hata if Hayate is ending soon, either in Omake or on twitter he's taken to saying "I wonder if I could get that far in a year..."

In any case, I really hope it's true we're going back to four Viz releases a year. I'll never finish collecting Hayate in my lifetime otherwise.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 10:15   Link #10228
GlassesLady
dat apple

Well, if the final arc is exceedingly long, I could see it happening :P

Remind me, what time of year is it in the manga again?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 10:18   Link #10229
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
I really really doubt Hayate will be ending any time soon. There's no particular indication of a grand finale at this point, still plenty of loose ends, and as far as I know it's still quite popular in japan.
Unless Hata-sensei pulls a page from his friend, Akamatsu-sensei, who just up and ended Negima with all kinds of unresolved plot threads, going out with a, "Oh, and they all lived happily ever after with a good end, but you don't get to learn how they even remotely got to this point."

Quote:
It's also entirely possible that someone up at Viz just done goofed. :P Would be nice if volume releases sped back up again, though.
That's what I'm afraid of, but if they have increased the release schedule, that would rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I dunno, I feel like the manga is about ready to timeskip past the anime any week now, especially with the chapter two weeks ago advertising itself as a "Good Place to Start". From there it would be pretty trivial to launch into a (longish) final arc.
Well, there've been other manga titles doing the whole time skip thing, so Hata-sensei might jump on that bandwagon, though his time skip wouldn't be on the scale those other series were (where they jumped forward years).

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 10:26   Link #10230
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Remind me, what time of year is it in the manga again?
Should be late August, I believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 10:56   Link #10231
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Well, there've been other manga titles doing the whole time skip thing, so Hata-sensei might jump on that bandwagon, though his time skip wouldn't be on the scale those other series were (where they jumped forward years).
Well a month of Hayate time equates to years of real life time, so it balances out.

Still, I wouldn't get too excited until we have confirmation on the Viz thing.

Last edited by madmac; 2014-09-14 at 12:12.
Old 2014-09-15, 16:34   Link #10232
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

OK, correction issued, it is February after all.

Back to never seeing the end of Hayate in our lifetimes. XD Sorry for the fuss.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 16:40   Link #10233
GDB

Hey, the last Hayate book I'm buying comes out the day after my birthday now. Neat.
Old 2014-09-16, 14:28   Link #10234
GDB

A wild Klaus appears!
Klaus used Swords Dance! His attack rose sharply!
Hayate used Thunderbolt! Critical hit! It was super effective!
A wild Klaus fainted!

Also, some random watch in the treasure vault. I'm sure it has to do with the Royal Garden, but the question is... how.
Old 2014-09-16, 15:10   Link #10235
ChampDream
Alive

Klaus should feel ashamed that a girl in a bikini was more dangerous than him with a sword.
about the watch, isn't it the same one from the anime?
Old 2014-09-16, 15:22   Link #10236
GDB

Not sure, stopped watching after season 2. If Hata starts writing under the assumption that the reader watched the anime a year+ ago and it doesn't make sense to those who didn't, then I'll be completely done with the series instead of merely no longer buying it.
Old 2014-09-16, 15:34   Link #10237
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Klaus should feel ashamed that a girl in a bikini was more dangerous than him with a sword.
about the watch, isn't it the same one from the anime?
It looks...similar, but not identical, inasmuch as the watch from Season 3 was transparent, damaged, and had a month dial. And I kinda expect that if it was supposed to be the Black Camilla the ending text would be all "THAT WAS THE WATCH FROM THE ANIME YOU MAY HAVE SEEN!"

So yeah, I dunno what to think yet. Next week will clarify, I guess.
Old 2014-09-16, 16:00   Link #10238
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

This chapter reminded me at how cunning Hayate could be if it's for Nagi's sake
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 17:31   Link #10239
MCAL

That was one hilarious anti-climax you pulled there Hata-Sensei.

EDIT: I don't think that Watch is the Kuro Tsubaki. Wouldn't Hayate have recognized it in the anime then?

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-09-16 at 19:14.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 20:43   Link #10240
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
OK, correction issued, it is February after all.

Back to never seeing the end of Hayate in our lifetimes. XD Sorry for the fuss.
Figures. I've often fantasized that if I won the big lotto, I could pay Viz to speed things up. Then I remember conversations with others in the manga publishing biz and get depressed knowing that Viz wouldn't be bought. :-(

I did get the volume from this month though, and it depressed me since it was supposed to be released with 23...bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
It looks...similar, but not identical, inasmuch as the watch from Season 3 was transparent, damaged, and had a month dial. And I kinda expect that if it was supposed to be the Black Camilla the ending text would be all "THAT WAS THE WATCH FROM THE ANIME YOU MAY HAVE SEEN!"

So yeah, I dunno what to think yet. Next week will clarify, I guess.
I have a theory I'm posing in my blog posting for Thursday. Basically, this watch was were the Kuro-tsubaki once resided before Nagi's father snagged it. Replace the stolen watch with another one so that hopefully, Mikado doesn't realize what happened.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen