AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-16, 08:40   Link #221
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Yes, they came true. During interations 416 and 650. However, none of the SOS Brigade will remember them, except Yuki. In fact, even during those interations, Mikuru failed to notice how much better her cooking and sewing were.

Interation 650 was interesting, since Kyon actually got a house with a yard. This, of course, was then turned into the host for the SOS Brigade's Dog Wash fundraiser.
Wow. Is this in the novel?
Old 2009-07-16, 08:57   Link #222
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... If you haven't read the novels, why are you here?

But to answer your question, no. That was just a bit of humor on Takari's part.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-16, 09:00   Link #223
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... If you haven't read the novels, why are you here?

But to answer your question, no. That was just a bit of humor on Takari's part.
I'm here because I lurk.

And I fail.

And I'm stoned.

All the time.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:58   Link #224
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Eh... not exactly. The time between the beginning of August 1st and the beginning of September 1st is still 31 days. The last two weeks just repeated thousands of times.

*e* Or what Takari said. I like that one better.
lol well it's some filler material they could animate during Kyon'and co's Deja vu during E8 lol.
Old 2009-07-20, 01:46   Link #225
kniteowl

An interesting theory I found from The TVTropes Suzumiya Haruhi WMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TVTropes Suzumiya Haruhi WMG

The Alpha/Beta parts of Volume 9 are the result of Kuyou Save Scumming

The key bits of evidence that supports this theory both come from Snow Mountain Syndrome. First, Kuyou (and/or the Sky Canopy Domain), as it has been revealed, is responsible for the whole shabang. Second, in both situations, Nagato becomes weakened and Kyon considers momentarily to use his trump card should it come down to it.

That said, recall, if you will, Koizumi's hypothesis in Snow Mountain Syndrome that the SOS Brigade members in the mansion are duplicates of the real SOS Brigade, akin to a save file on a game, and that the perpetrator of the scenario was likely to have been intending to provoke Haruhi. Therefore, Kukyou and/or the Canopy Domain (hitherto only referred as "Kuyou" alone) is attempting this tactic again, this time in the real world so the SOS Brigade would be convinced that this "save" is the reality, as opposed to the "Controllable Helplessness" of the mansion, dismissing the possiblity of "escape". The "save point" is right when Kyon picks up the phone (since that's where the split occurs). The α save is the default reality, while the ß save is the alternate created by Kuyou, and it's no holds barred: disabling Nagato, the Anti-SOS meeting Kyon, etc. When Kuyou grabbed Kimidori's arm, she was disconnecting Kimidori from the Data Integrated Thought Entity and weakening her like she did with Nagato (it would be counterintuitive to have an active IDTE Interface in the ß save). Additionally, girl that catches Kyon's interest in the α save is the Slider, in the dimensional and spatial sense; in other words, not only can she slide between dimensions, but she can slide through space (hence how she entered the Clubroom; she's the mysterious twelfth first-year); she'll join as the Sixth Ranger.

What'll happen in the tenth novel with this in mind is still up in the air, but odds are that the Slider will use her powers to connect a link between the α and β saves to stop Kuyou, though from what the Slider tells Kyon on the phone, she is a duplicate created by the IDTE (or perhaps herself) that was sent back in time after the fact, because otherwise she'd end up dead in creating the α/β link.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2009-07-21 at 00:08.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:57   Link #226
TakariCritic

Huh... TVTropes...

That being said, I actually saw that a couple days ago myself. To me, it actually makes a freaky kind of sense that Kuyoh severed Kimidori's link. Although I'm more inclined to beleive the Slider is responsible for the seperate timelines, not Kuyoh.
Old 2009-07-29, 18:40   Link #227
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Also remember that when Kyon was talking to Yuki about the Kuyoh and asked her what will happen she said "The next step is physical contact" So whatever is happening with Yuki's sickness and so forth was already planned for by her. That is why I think nothing bad is going to happen to Yuki.

Also a/b being similar to Snow Mountain Syndrome makes the most sense, but its too easy. I think it isn't like the Haruhi series to reuse something like that.

Unfortunately we don't have enough evidence to say anything furthur.

Does anyone have any theories about the conversation between Yuki and Koizumi during the movie? The part where they talk about Kyon being the Key and Koizumi asking Yuki to be honest with him and Yuki saying she doesn't have enough data. That seems really interesting to me but I havn't been able to quite grasp it.
Old 2009-07-29, 18:42   Link #228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Does anyone have any theories about the conversation between Yuki and Koizumi during the movie? The part where they talk about Kyon being the Key and Koizumi asking Yuki to be honest with him and Yuki saying she doesn't have enough data. That seems really interesting to me but I havn't been able to quite grasp it.
Kyon is the one person who can control Haruhi Suzumiya. This alone gives him no real power, but at the same time makes him the most powerful human on earth.

He's the "key to everything".
Old 2009-07-30, 18:27   Link #229
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Kyon is the one person who can control Haruhi Suzumiya. This alone gives him no real power, but at the same time makes him the most powerful human on earth.

He's the "key to everything".
Hmm.. maybe I was reading too much into it.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:47   Link #230
kniteowl

I was wondering... during Disappearance, the 2nd time Kyon time travels back in time to meet Adult Mikuru to found out who & why his world change on December 18th.

Did Kyon travel back 3 years or 597 years (598 year in the anime) in time?

I know it's a bit of a silly question but if you include E8... then wouldn't it be consider time travelling 597 years back... it's impossible to travel back to the E8 time period or is it?

It might be possible to travel to the last iteration fo E8, but it's impossible to travel to all the former iterations.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:24   Link #231
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I was wondering... during Disappearance, the 2nd time Kyon time travels back in time to meet Adult Mikuru to found out who & why his world change on December 18th.

Did Kyon travel back 3 years or 597 years (598 year in the anime) in time?

I know it's a bit of a silly question but if you include E8... then wouldn't it be consider time travelling 597 years back... it's impossible to travel back to the E8 time period or is it?

It might be possible to travel to the last iteration fo E8, but it's impossible to travel to all the former iterations.
Yeah, I believe the other iterations of E8 "haven't happened", dispite Yuki remembering then. Each one was replaced by the following and, thus, don't exist anymore on the time.
Old 2009-07-31, 03:53   Link #232
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Each one was replaced by the following and, thus, don't exist anymore on the time.
A similar event occurs with Kyon remembering what never happened during Disappearance.
Old 2009-07-31, 07:14   Link #233
Heatth

Quote:
A similar event occurs with Kyon remembering what never happened during Disappearance.
I am not so sure about that one.
Old 2009-07-31, 13:27   Link #234
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I am not so sure about that one.
Indeed. They were able to travel to the time that Kaisos said "never happened" from the future, so it seems that it still exists. I'd say that in Disappearance's case, it was actually that everybody except Kyon and Yuki remembered something that didn't happen.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:53   Link #235
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Indeed. They were able to travel to the time that Kaisos said "never happened" from the future, so it seems that it still exists. I'd say that in Disappearance's case, it was actually that everybody except Kyon and Yuki remembered something that didn't happen.
Wait, what?

They traveled to what is now their own past.

Originally, Yuki reset the universe and no one was there to stop her. Because this would remove the future from existence, Kyon has to go back and fix the timeline by stopping Yuki from creating the changes she did.

In the end, Yuki DID reset the universe... for about 10 minutes, not three days.

The universe no longer remembers what happened during those days in Disappearance. Only Kyon does.

Your theory, which I remember, suggests that Alt. Yuki is just acting the entire way through Disappearance... which makes reading the entire thing a huge waste of time in retrospect, I think.

Also, the book pretty much says Kyon is responsible for the 'death' of the Disappearance crew, so...

Edit: Okay, I'm an asshole. I did not mean to be confrontational there, sorry. Offensive language edited.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-07-31 at 19:24.
Old 2009-07-31, 19:11   Link #236
Heatth

Quote:
Wait, what?

They traveled to what is now their own past.

Originally, Yuki reset the universe and no one was there to stop her. Because this would remove the future from existence, Kyon has to go back and fix the timeline by stopping Yuki from creating the changes she did.

In the end, Yuki DID reset the universe... for about 10 minutes, not three days.

The universe no longer remembers what happened during those days in Disappearance. Only Kyon does.

Your theory, which I remember, suggests that Alt. Yuki is just acting the entire way through Disappearance... which makes reading the entire thing a huge fucking waste of time in retrospect.

Also, the book pretty much says Kyon is responsible for the 'death' of the Disappearance crew, so...
My interpretation was what didn't happened was everyone memories. For three days the world was like Kyon's seen, but after this reverse back to normal.

Also, I don't believe Yuki was faking. This wasn't the whole point of the lack of synchronization? Past Yuki didn't know how it would end so she wait and see.

But, of coures, I have to reread the novel to be sure. (I was wainting to watch it, but aparently, it will be not anytime soon)
Old 2009-07-31, 19:55   Link #237
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are slight problems, but that can be handled by having Yuki/Haruhi reset everything back the moment Kyon leaves for the past. The logic problem becomes "what happens to Kyon during his second run through those three days?" Likely he spends them in that altered time healing from his wound. Yuki/Haruhi come up with a cover story when they reformate the universe back to its default mode and he wakes up with Haruhi sleeping nearby....her hair short again.

Yuki's reset after ten minutes might have been an added delay or command function in its data. This could be the source of the escape program. Give Kyon the choice to reset the data in the end. When he does, he goes to fulfill the loop and the universe's changes are deleted at that point.

He still "kills" those alternates, just he does so at the end by pressing "escape". Meaning those three days still exist in the normal timeline. If that timeline had been erased, would Mikuru have been able to travel to or from it? Or did they travel to that timeline at all?

Too bad you will never get anything on this subject matter in red.
Old 2009-07-31, 20:07   Link #238
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or did they travel to that timeline at all?
The novel suggests that they didn't, as I recall.
Old 2009-08-01, 00:09   Link #239
kniteowl

So let me get this straight?

If Kyon were to travel back in time to the time of Disappearance, December 18-20, he wouldn't end up in the Disappearance universe, but end up a universe where he fell into a coma for 3 days?
Old 2009-08-01, 00:47   Link #240
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The logic problem becomes "what happens to Kyon during his second run through those three days?" Likely he spends them in that altered time healing from his wound.
He had a time traveler with him. He had a data interface capable of rewriting reality on an impressive scale even without the Haruhi-powers with him. It's much simpler if Yuki healed him and Mikuru(big) took Kyon to around the time when he woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
So let me get this straight?

If Kyon were to travel back in time to the time of Disappearance, December 18-20, he wouldn't end up in the Disappearance universe, but end up a universe where he fell into a coma for 3 days?
That's what Kaisos thinks. I think that the three altered days still exist and that if he traveled back in time to that period, he'd end up in the other universe. Fewer issues of causality that way. We have no confirmation either way, though.
Closed Thread