AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 55 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-24, 08:24   Link #61
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I can imagine why Touma reacted the way he did, he looked like a bully about to beat up a cute little girl.
Afterall, he always was, is and will be a good guy, he tried to save her from that gang and next tried to save the gang from Mikoto XD, a bit contradictory he wants to have a normal life but he always ends involved in troubles ..... such misfortune.

@17th_warrior: Yes, it is
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:08   Link #62
tsunade666

Even though his really goody good guy. His misfortune always tends to be involved with a girl. Even his trying to save the goons from lvl 5 biribiri. A girl is still involve and I can't seem to remember him having to much trouble that doesn't concern a girl.

WELL THIS THE EPISODE THAT I WAS WAITING FOR 2 WEEKS! FINALLY!

TSUN TSUN TSUN TSUN TSUNDERE!

The fight is fun and the stripper girl is..... (drooling). The scene in the bathroom is epical.

"What do they call it? TSUN TSUN TSUNDARA.... NO TSUNJIRA!!!!"

The bright red mikoto is a win.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:18   Link #63
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , hurray , Touma vs Misaka !
9/10 !
It was hilarious and cool Tsundere yes !
Ow , Misaka's sword !!!
Tsundara , Tsunjire what does it means ?
She was smiling in her bed , it means that she had a good day with Touma !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:33   Link #64
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
& this ep also proves that Kuroko is basicly a bat-@#$% fruit cake!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:35   Link #65
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hey Bordix, got eggs?

Win epi 4 sig is win.
lol. It all got smashed up as you can see *sigh* such misfortune... oh and thanks

It's too bad we didn't get to hear Touma's famous catchphrase and we didn't even get to hear that SFX when his power kicks in,
I missed that

oh and Kuroko's shenanigans reminded me of
Spoiler for :

As much I liked Touma and Mikoto's fight, but to me, the sword thing was too brutal for mikoto's part.
What if Touma actually got sliced in half? Is she forgetting he's human?
Old 2009-10-24, 09:44   Link #66
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, for one thing Mikoto's thought process kinda jams when she's around Touma. And remember, she doesn't know everything about Touma's ability. All she knows is that anything she throws at him, he can cancel.

... Come to think of it, since his ability isn't mentioned so far in Railgun, does that make talking about Touma's ability a spoiler? Two series make spoilers confusing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 09:52   Link #67
Bordix

Quote:
Well, for one thing Mikoto's thought process kinda jams when she's around Touma. And remember, she doesn't know everything about Touma's ability. All she knows is that anything she throws at him, he can cancel.

... Come to think of it, since his ability isn't mentioned so far in Railgun, does that make talking about Touma's ability a spoiler? Two series make spoilers confusing.
Well they are giving hints - "the man with the ability to nullify all other abilities"
lol urban legends Anyway, Im also trying my best not spoil his ability (didin't even mention its name)
Old 2009-10-24, 10:00   Link #68
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
She was smiling in her bed , it means that she had a good day with Touma !
In manga, Kuroko comments to herself how Misaka must have been hunting that guy again and then mentions how Misaka always looks satisfied after hunting him so... yes.
Old 2009-10-24, 10:05   Link #69
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Well they are giving hints - "the man with the ability to nullify all other abilities"
lol urban legends Anyway, Im also trying my best not spoil his ability (didin't even mention its name)
Well that urban legends thing is non canon in the original source.
Mikoto is scary what happened if Touma died sleashed in pieces??
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 10:14   Link #70
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

We'll get to see a Maria-face Misaka.

And did we ever need proof that Kuroko is gone with the bat-crap?
Old 2009-10-24, 10:32   Link #71
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
oh and Kuroko's shenanigans reminded me of
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for ATK:

Quote:
As much I liked Touma and Mikoto's fight, but to me, the sword thing was too brutal for mikoto's part.
What if Touma actually got sliced in half? Is she forgetting he's human?
maybe even if the sword's blade tip does come in contact with Touma's body (minus his imagine breaker),
she could just disperse it on-purpose before it even reaches his body in a close-shave fashion, or else she will ended up with the Courtroom & CSI for creating a NICE BOAT ending for poor Touma

but to Touma, even if something guro does happen to his own body, he never really cares about it anyway (in case you guys still remember that bloody Index ep)
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-10-24, 11:05   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well that urban legends thing is non canon in the original source.
Mikoto is scary what happened if Touma died sleashed in pieces??
I'm sure it's that Mikoto has absolute faith in the cities medical facilitates . Long as he doesn't die instantly should be able to put him back together.....or else we're dealing with a court case.
Old 2009-10-24, 11:06   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
maybe even if the sword's blade tip does come in contact with Touma's body (minus his imagine breaker),
she could just disperse it on-purpose before it even reaches his body in a close-shave fashion, or else she will ended up with the Courtroom & CSI for creating a NICE BOAT ending for poor Touma
It didn't look like she had the intention of stopping though...
In the first place, how can she disperse it before it reaches his body after it comes in contact with his body...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Mmmm, unless the scary dorm manager has spychic powers that nobody knows about, I doubt Kuorko would get caught for teleporting 3 inches away into her own room to get out of her bindings.

Either way, the scene was obviously for comedic purposes, so there's no sense in reading too far into it.
Yo-you never know... If it is that dorm manager... Before you know it... she could be right... beside you! *insert horror movie BGM*

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And I still don't see Touma's preachiness; many other characters in many other animes talk just as much, or more, about humanity, the right thing, etc. et. all. I've never seen them get called preachy for it. Kenshin Himura alone in Rurouni Kenshin easily made more "preachy" talk than Touma.
Hmm, I'm not sure why either, but his just tends to stand out for some reason. Because he preaches every single time...? Because of his age?

Either way, it has been a while since the audience has heard him preaching...
*gets down on the knees*
Oh~ Oh~ How grateful I am for your- etc, etc... cut

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 11:28   Link #74
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It didn't look like she had the intention of stopping though...
In the first place, how can she disperse it before it reaches his body after it comes in contact with his body...?
*jerks a thumb towards the "what can he block?" thread* Touma's ability never made any sense when you start thinking to deep about it, but if it's a psychic power, the simple answer is "because he thinks it can."
Old 2009-10-24, 11:31   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
*jerks a thumb towards the "what can he block?" thread* Touma's ability never made any sense when you start thinking to deep about it, but if it's a psychic power, the simple answer is "because he thinks it can."
It is surprising how many things don't make sense in this when you think hard about it.

Though I think we are talking about Mikoto willingly dispersing her sword, and not him dispersing it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 11:33   Link #76
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*rereads* Whoops, missed that. Well... she can't? She's probably completely relying on his mystical canceling power.
Old 2009-10-24, 11:35   Link #77
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

& i hope there are no guro fanarts of Touma getting the NICE BOAT ending because of Misaka's antics after this ep, same with Koroko's fantasy came true scene
Old 2009-10-24, 12:43   Link #78
typhonsentra

I'm a bit confused, it kinda seemed like they rewrote the way Touma and her met, they certainly didn't act like they knew each other in that flashback.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:48   Link #79
darkmaster074
------

Perfect ep 10 cuz touma
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:56   Link #80
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'm a bit confused, it kinda seemed like they rewrote the way Touma and her met, they certainly didn't act like they knew each other in that flashback.
I think the order is:
Touma + Mikoto in alley (flashback in this ep) is first meeting
On the bridge (the scene in Index) is second (Touma even says he knows who she is, and knew what she could do)
Mikoto hunting is after all that, annoyed with his meddling...

The anime makes more sense, the way the manga did it seemed like they rewrote the scene on the bridge such that it was inconsistent with Index.

This ep rocked, 9/10, for all reasons that have been said.

Anyone else catch Touma's surprise at being able to dispel the iron sword? It was awesome, like a "holy crap it worked" before he resumes telling her it's pointless...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote