Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-30, 15:04   Link #1401
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Original was posted a few posts above that. Anyways I'll try doing a much better version 2 in a day or two.
Yeah I know that but it's easier to compare them, if they are next to each-other, then scrolling up and down to try to see the differences between them, so consider that when you post version 2
Old 2014-06-30, 15:06   Link #1402
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
I want to ask whether at this point of the story, Shidou is showing romantic interest in Tohka? I believe they are and will be the "official" pairing and I previously thought that Shidou going to save Tohka from DEM might be related to his love for her, but Shidou has admitted that he would do the same for other spirits, so do you guys feel that Shidou have any special feelings towards Tohka? They share a lot of screen time together, but I don't see anything that hints at Shidou especially valuing Tohka over other spirits at the moment. Though in a way, I could see a possible dilemma where if Shidou does fall in love with Tohka, he might feel uncomfortable when trying to gain the affection of future spirits and see it as betrayal towards Tohka...
Well, if Date A Live were to have a canon pairing and an eventual "winner" of the harem, I would definitely see it being Tohka considering how much she's gone through for Shidou and how she's the main Heroine. Though in general, I think Shidou cares a great deal for all the Spirits and would go to dangerous lengths to protect any of them, but I guess his bond with Tohka is a bit more special considering her status as the first Spirit he dated and helped as well as everything they've experienced together.
Quote:
On a different note, I wish the anime expanded a bit on how the Yamai twins came to see Shidou as a romantic interest. The kiss they gave him at the time of sealing was out of gratitude rather than showing romantic interest, but without further development, in the last episode, they become jealous over Miku calling Shidou darling?
While the original attempts by the Yamai Twins to seduce Shidou were pretty much just the twins trying to outdo each other rather than legitimately competing for Shidou's affections, after he managed to stop their fight and convince them that neither twin needed to disappear for the other, I think that led to a genuine romantic interest for Shidou in the twins. It's why they were both blushing when they said the kiss was "for gratitude" .
Old 2014-06-30, 15:39   Link #1403
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, if Date A Live were to have a canon pairing and an eventual "winner" of the harem, I would definitely see it being Tohka considering how much she's gone through for Shidou and how she's the main Heroine. Though in general, I think Shidou cares a great deal for all the Spirits and would go to dangerous lengths to protect any of them, but I guess his bond with Tohka is a bit more special considering her status as the first Spirit he dated and helped as well as everything they've experienced together.

While the original attempts by the Yamai Twins to seduce Shidou were pretty much just the twins trying to outdo each other rather than legitimately competing for Shidou's affections, after he managed to stop their fight and convince them that neither twin needed to disappear for the other, I think that led to a genuine romantic interest for Shidou in the twins. It's why they were both blushing when they said the kiss was "for gratitude" .
That is true, about Shidou going to extreme lengths to protect the Spirits, but I have read on the Date A Live wiki, that Shidou shares a strong bond with Tohka, so I see them ending up together, (also I'm a Shidou, Tohka shipper)

For the Yamai twins, your right about them having gained a romantic interest with Shidou, after he was able to convince them neither of them had to disappear. But for the outdo each-other part I think you forgot that both Kaguya, and Yuzuru wanted the other to win, and only tried so hard so that the victory wouldn't seem hollow to their respective other
Old 2014-06-30, 18:22   Link #1404
Miraluka
Banned

While I think Tohka got the "first girl" award...

...neglecting any of the other spirits will only cause the maximum slaughtering posible several times worse than what happened to Eurasia 30 years ago in the series.

And that would be happening just because of some girls having their heart broken(can see this happening with Miku, Yoshino, Kotori) and even Origami will add fuel to the fire.

So that option is big NO in the series, unless they want the world end for love .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 18:37   Link #1405
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
While I think Tohka got the "first girl" award...

...neglecting any of the other spirits will only cause the maximum slaughtering posible several times worse than what happened to Eurasia 30 years ago in the series.

And that would be happening just because of some girls having their heart broken(can see this happening with Miku, Yoshino, Kotori) and even Origami will add fuel to the fire.

So that option is big NO in the series, unless they want the world end for love .
Not until he managed to win Kurumi...

However, pick one to be the winner in the harem may be not possible at this rate. So multi-pairing is the most probable. :x
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 04:35   Link #1406
AP24

BD vol 1 sold 4601 BD + 962 DVD = 5563 BD/DVD in only 3 days.
It should reach at least 6k next week. Maybe more people will buy when they hear that the BD episodes are much better, though it will probably reach around 7k at best.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 04:55   Link #1407
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It should reach at least 6k next week. Maybe more people will buy when they hear that the BD episodes are much better, though it will probably reach around 7k at best.
Where are you getting those numbers?
Old 2014-07-01, 05:31   Link #1408
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Where are you getting those numbers?
Probably from here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1215039
Old 2014-07-01, 15:18   Link #1409
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
To put it into context, the first season reached 8.700 in the first week. So we are looking at a significant drop here.
Old 2014-07-01, 18:05   Link #1410
Miraluka
Banned

**5,563 デート・ア・ライブII

Usually the drop is bigger for second seasons, so I would call it a light drop. Not a fatale one.

I want to see how people reacts to the changes from the discs version though.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 09:04   Link #1411
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
However, pick one to be the winner in the harem may be not possible at this rate. So multi-pairing is the most probable. :x
Multi-pairing would also be a very good ending apart from a Tohka one, but I also fear a bitter-sweet ending, where all the spirits are going to have to leave this world and return to where they came from. And ending with Shidou looking up at the sky and saying maybe they'll meet again some day...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 09:29   Link #1412
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Multi-pairing would also be a very good ending apart from a Tohka one, but I also fear a bitter-sweet ending, where all the spirits are going to have to leave this world and return to where they came from. And ending with Shidou looking up at the sky and saying maybe they'll meet again some day...
As much as it was convincing to note that Tohka received special attentions among the rest, but the other few like Origami, Kurumi and Miku has a comparable potential as well. So multi-pairing other than just Tohka is the most probable.
Old 2014-07-02, 09:47   Link #1413
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
As much as it was convincing to note that Tohka received special attentions among the rest, but the other few like Origami, Kurumi and Miku has a comparable potential as well. So multi-pairing other than just Tohka is the most probable.
Based on the anime so far, Kurumi I can see the potential, but I can't see much potential for Miku and Origami. Sure, both love Shidou a lot, but I don't observe Shidou showing special feelings to Miku (a bit while ago, he actually hated her, now he might pity her instead), and Shidou seems to be more alarmed of Origami's obsession with him than feeling the love. And it sucks that Shidou doesn't know/see Origami coming to save him in the season's finale despite the risk of having no proper equipment. The odds seem to be stacked against Origami at the moment.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 09:50   Link #1414
Ragna92

Quote:
Based on the anime so far, Kurumi I can see the potential, but I can't see much potential for Miku and Origami. Sure, both love Shidou a lot, but I don't observe Shidou showing special feelings to Miku (a bit while ago, he actually hated her, now he might pity her instead), and Shidou seems to be more alarmed of Origami's obsession with him than feeling the love. And it sucks that Shidou doesn't know/see Origami coming to save him in the season's finale despite the risk of having no proper equipment. The odds seem to be stacked against Origami at the moment.
That's a pretty big disappointment. Origami is supposed to be Tohka's main love rival. I'm still hoping for Shido to start showing more affection for her. It's mainly because she's a human though and Shido only cares for spirits.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 10:12   Link #1415
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
The novels do show that he's attracted to Miku to some degree.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 10:15   Link #1416
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Thing is, Miku is straightforward and openly compassionate of her love for Shido since now, and she seems to have the strongest affection for him compare to the other Spirits, let alone Tohka. Also, Shido promised to Miku that he will definitely protect her and support her at all cost just as how he did for Tohka.
Old 2014-07-02, 23:34   Link #1417
Pablete
Banned

Still no TV vs BD?
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 07:13   Link #1418
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Still no TV vs BD?
BD vol 1 has just been uploaded to the web, so hopefully soon
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:17   Link #1419
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Soon will the existing episodes be updated?
Old 2014-07-06, 18:56   Link #1420
Pablete
Banned

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem