Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 16:52   Link #81
sharingan0619

well danny, if u really wanna know
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 17:49   Link #82
mlai

@ Dan:

Rin explicitly told Shirou to start being more careful in daily life, because now there are ppl and spirits out there who are highly motivated to assassinate him. She puts a lot of effort into helping him out in various ways, and this is coming from a girl who is never motivated by mundane niceties.

After all that, she finds him wandering around alone after school. Just asking to be killed by something and not even realizing it.

If she really wanted to kill him, she could have just called Archer out. Wounded or not, Archer could have killed Shirou in 2 seconds.

I don't hate Shirou. But I know the feeling of being completely exasperated by someone who is otherwise dear to you.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 20:32   Link #83
sharingan0619

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
@ Dan:

Rin explicitly told Shirou to start being more careful in daily life, because now there are ppl and spirits out there who are highly motivated to assassinate him. She puts a lot of effort into helping him out in various ways, and this is coming from a girl who is never motivated by mundane niceties.

After all that, she finds him wandering around alone after school. Just asking to be killed by something and not even realizing it.

If she really wanted to kill him, she could have just called Archer out. Wounded or not, Archer could have killed Shirou in 2 seconds.

I don't hate Shirou. But I know the feeling of being completely exasperated by someone who is otherwise dear to you.

@dan

yeah, mlai is right, that's why shirou is kinda dumb and clueless in the beginning of the series, but as the series progreeses, he becomes more mature and knows more, this shirou that dumass right now is only temporary, i think he is actually pretty cool with his ideals and actions.
Old 2007-04-18, 20:45   Link #84
X_Danny_X

excellent, english is so much easier to read than Japanese

hehehe mlai, when you said this "Love and the desire to kill are not mutually exclusive emotions." it was like rin talking, i thought you had a crush on shirou

heck man, Shirou does become the strongest master! so at least that is good about him that he made such improvement like that and destroye the holi grail.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 14:08   Link #85
sharingan0619

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
excellent, english is so much easier to read than Japanese

hehehe mlai, when you said this "Love and the desire to kill are not mutually exclusive emotions." it was like rin talking, i thought you had a crush on shirou

heck man, Shirou does become the strongest master! so at least that is good about him that he made such improvement like that and destroye the holi grail.
that is precisely why i really want to see a sequel to this fantastic series, shirou and saber are just too cool. I don't believe that a sequel will ruin the series at all
Old 2007-04-19, 18:23   Link #86
X_Danny_X

there already is, Hollow/Axteria or however you spell it. Everybody is there though none of the characters from the old series take a major role in the game, it is almost like a side story.

im just waiting for an american version of the game and manga to come out.
Old 2007-04-20, 14:29   Link #87
sharingan0619

Quote:
there already is, Hollow/Axteria or however you spell it. Everybody is there though none of the characters from the old series take a major role in the game, it is almost like a side story.

im just waiting for an american version of the game and manga to come out.
you can wait all u want, but hallow ataraxia will probably never come out in english, that's just the truth that ive gotten from game editors that i rote to. Also, ataraxia is not really part of the main plot, doesn't explain anything, and plus its prolly not gonna get animated either, that's wat ive heard...care to differ?
Old 2007-04-26, 05:17   Link #88
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Yeah, a 2nd series would definatly not ruin it. Its just too good of a story. Some endings could be different though.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 13:15   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
Yeah, a 2nd series would definatly not ruin it. Its just too good of a story. Some endings could be different though.

They could contne on with the Heavenly Feel ending. The one ending with Sakura living in Shirou house all along waiting for Shirou to come back. That was the best ending.
Old 2007-04-26, 13:23   Link #90
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
An ending with Saber staying with Shirou is the best ending, IMHO. ^^
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 16:00   Link #91
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan0619 View Post
you can wait all u want, but hallow ataraxia will probably never come out in english, that's just the truth that ive gotten from game editors that i rote to. Also, ataraxia is not really part of the main plot, doesn't explain anything, and plus its prolly not gonna get animated either, that's wat ive heard...care to differ?
hell yeah, behold the true ending of Fate/Stay Night. the canon story

http://www.anime-anime.com/lore/article.php?id=139
Old 2007-04-26, 16:13   Link #92
sharingan0619

Quote:
hell yeah, behold the true ending of Fate/Stay Night. the canon story

http://www.anime-anime.com/lore/article.php?id=139
this is kinda gay...in japanese?? then how the hell am i gonna play it? i don't read japanese!! any news of patch?
Old 2007-04-28, 20:19   Link #93
X_Danny_X

its an action type game, the guys are talking about it in the game thread, here are the commands for to play the game

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=273

archer in the game is a badass, he is so difficult to defeat.

also about the translation, yes i will take your challenge, mirror moon is translating the fate/stay saber route.

http://mirrormoon.org/fate_stay_night

speaking about archer, how does he compare to other servents when it comes to defeating them? his stats are so weak and low. however since he is able to copy and image pratically anything and gain the knowledge and also having more tricks up his sleave, i think he can defeat anybody with the exception of Gilgalmesh since from reading about him he should defeat everyone, even Berserker.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2007-04-28 at 20:32.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:10   Link #94
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
its an action type game, the guys are talking about it in the game thread, here are the commands for to play the game

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=273

archer in the game is a badass, he is so difficult to defeat.

also about the translation, yes i will take your challenge, mirror moon is translating the fate/stay saber route.

speaking about archer, how does he compare to other servents when it comes to defeating them? his stats are so weak and low. however since he is able to copy and image pratically anything and gain the knowledge and also having more tricks up his sleave, i think he can defeat anybody with the exception of Gilgalmesh since from reading about him he should defeat everyone, even Berserker.
The only one Archer can never defeat is Berserker, unfortunately. If you want to know why...

Spoiler for WARNING: spoiler from games and theory on battles against each servant:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-05-02 at 18:58. Reason: add boiler tag to shorten the post
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:34   Link #95
sharingan0619

Quote:

i already know mirror moon is doing the translation, i know everything about fsn, except new news of course, this patch translation is old news. and i think if fsn realta nua is translated into english, it'll be more practical since 1)it'll be cheaper, the PC game is 95 U.S. dollars 2) Realta nua offers more content than the PC version.
but thats just another one of my dreams, i don't think that'll ever happen, im gonna have to learn japanese.
Old 2007-04-30, 15:35   Link #96
sharingan0619

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
The only one Archer can never defeat is Berserker, unfortunately. If you want to know why...

Spoiler for WARNING: spoiler from games and theory on battles against each servant:
hey, yur explanations were pretty good *thumbs up*
Old 2007-05-01, 13:21   Link #97
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan0619 View Post
hey, yur explanations were pretty good *thumbs up*
There are still a lot of loopholes. It's entirely in theory and there's not much evidence backing it up. For example, in Heaven's Feel route, Shirou traced Berserker's Noble Phantasm(Hercules's bow) and killed him once(or hurt him at least, I don't remember too well). However that particular Noble Phantasm is just B ranked which is not supposed to leave a scratch at all.

And the fights based on stats are really inaccurate. Maybe there's something we overlooked about the serant's special ability/Noble Phantasm.

And we could say that Archer can easily win against Lancer if he traced Caladbolg...but who knows? Would a traced copy still carry the curse of Fate? Would it work a second time?

Someone kidnap Nasu here so we can ask him...
Old 2007-05-01, 14:40   Link #98
sharingan0619

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
There are still a lot of loopholes. It's entirely in theory and there's not much evidence backing it up. For example, in Heaven's Feel route, Shirou traced Berserker's Noble Phantasm(Hercules's bow) and killed him once(or hurt him at least, I don't remember too well). However that particular Noble Phantasm is just B ranked which is not supposed to leave a scratch at all.

And the fights based on stats are really inaccurate. Maybe there's something we overlooked about the serant's special ability/Noble Phantasm.

And we could say that Archer can easily win against Lancer if he traced Caladbolg...but who knows? Would a traced copy still carry the curse of Fate? Would it work a second time?

Someone kidnap Nasu here so we can ask him...
yeah, someone kidnap nasu, OR write to him so we can get a sequel which is better than just standing here discussing pointless information when we all know we just want more!!
Old 2007-05-01, 14:54   Link #99
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Writing won't work. We people in the Chinese forum tried signing a joint letter. no reply at all. T_T

Our best bet is to gather evidence from all of Nasu's works and link the clues together. The debate about Archer vs Berserker is still quite a hot topic.

Archer is just that cool.
Old 2007-05-01, 15:33   Link #100
sharingan0619

eh..chinese forum? i'm chinese...please tell me where this is, im kinda interested. So if writing won't work, then what shall we do? i don't wanna sit by here and do nothing except talk about stuff that prolly has no point at all in fsn, u do realize we're just picking at the minor details right?

Tags
action, shounen