Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 10:21   Link #561
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Didn't she appear in one of Miina (fake) flashbacks, with the two of them posing in the plane?
they might have

I have trouble remember the events
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:36   Link #562
halibonga

waiting each week only for a little clue about the island to be revealed, is frustrating..
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 15:11   Link #563
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I have a bad feeling with that little bottle. Something will definitely happen.. But I just can't figure it out what is it...
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 17:00   Link #564
blade82

its just Venom that payed a little visit
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 17:15   Link #565
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yeah...... blade82 I don't know why but your reference to Spider Man is on the mark.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:06   Link #566
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
its just Venom that payed a little visit
Yes! I'm expecting a symbiote villain as well.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:34   Link #567
Awrya
U mad?

"Guess it's true that big breasts equal stupidity"
"It doesn't equal"
Oomori's eyes, that was good

2307, could it be some kind of password or the year it was written? Assuming the original timeline is the 21th century, there could be a gap of 200+ years.

The Venom theory is good, I can totally see one of the students bonding with it and see what happened to this island.
Old 2012-10-06, 19:55   Link #568
Key Board
Carbon

I get the feeling that the story just shifted shift from Jurassic Park to Resident Evil or Prometheus

what's that goo going to do?

WHATEVER THE WRITER WANTS IT TO DO!
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-10-06, 22:54   Link #569
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
"Guess it's true that big breasts equal stupidity"
"It doesn't equal"
Oomori's eyes, that was good

2307, could it be some kind of password or the year it was written? Assuming the original timeline is the 21th century, there could be a gap of 200+ years.

The Venom theory is good, I can totally see one of the students bonding with it and see what happened to this island.

nope....2307 is the number of of the plane their in when they crash...thats why it's very weird... does it mean they all been here before? (but it doesnt make sense) my bet is it some paralel universe...where there are the same accident but it doesnt end well and they all die and those writings are the last message...
even though what is the reason of the anagram? maybe the one infected by venom is akira instead and he killed everyone and thats why all the hate message... is hades sengoku then?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:05   Link #570
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Pardon my ignorance of the Japanese language and please correct any misconceptions I might have.

In kanji A-ki-ra あきら and Ra-i-ka らいか would not be anagrams. The translation site Denshi Jisho has 9 1/2 pages of different spellings for Akira, none of them phonetic, many of them single characters 啓 .

It somewhat surprises me that Romaji (Latin character) anagrams would be a common game. I realize that word games are popular and often used in manga such as Jiraiya's first letter code message to Naruto, Bakuman's detective stories using codes, and every dead person in Conan writing a clue in his own blood. Still is an anagram even a Japanese concept outside of the English language?
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 19:25   Link #571
Key Board
Carbon

I was honestly confused by what your point is

then I remembered that you were reading a translation

it's spelled RAIKA ISLAND too in the Japanese raws using western alphabeth
Old 2012-10-07, 21:25   Link #572
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Thank you. The second time reading through I figured out the graffiti was probably written by an American. But as an example, if I were a high schooler taking Russian I think I would be challenged by an anagram written in Cyrillic script, but since the letters have English analogues it would not be so strange. However for Japanese, except for college students or those living abroad, it would seem to me that with 2000+ common kanji that the very concept of anagrams would be unusual except as maybe some trick in a poem. But Rion apparently played the game as a young girl. I am very impressed.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 11:56   Link #573
Somnus
Eh?

I was reminded of Venom (from Spiderman) as well.

Though, for the record. If/when Rion dies, I'm done with CoE. It started getting good cause of things developing with her, and it'll stop getting good cause of the very same development stopping abruptly.
Old 2012-10-21, 21:15   Link #574
Key Board
Carbon

Just read the latest raw

it really reminds me of Resident Evil now

the first games, though...
Old 2012-10-21, 23:28   Link #575
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I am very worried about Rion....and..

Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:58   Link #576
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

My...

Spoiler for ch 174:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:36   Link #577
SemperMalum

This manga went from EXTREMELY interesting and tense... to kind of stagnant. Now, I just want to get to the end and see where everything wraps up.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 22:34   Link #578
Nvis

Still on raws........

Spoiler for 175:
Old 2012-11-06, 15:10   Link #579
Nvis

Looks like ch174 is out, but we're still 2 chapters behind....

Spoiler for 176:
Old 2012-11-06, 15:27   Link #580
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Chapter 174:

More proof that Tokiwa is the best character in the manga. I hope Rion finally bites the dust in the arc so Sengoku x Tokiwa can come true.

Also....

...dat cliffhanger...

Tags
shounen, survival