AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-29, 08:05   Link #341
syler321

before skypia saga,when he made his own nakama fight didnt he controled both of them?

or did he controled just 1 guy?

in the marine meeting he did controled just 1 guy and the other guy was defending him self,so thats probably what he did also before skypia?
Old 2009-04-29, 08:25   Link #342
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Was it ever said, that it's a DF power?

To me it looks more like some form of King's Haki. Luffy can order the people around, and they follow his command, even if they don't want (at least it seemed this way, when he was fighting the amazon sisters). So I think the next step would be controlling without speaking.

he was talking about doflamingo,not luffy...luffy cant control ppl the way doflmingo can...

luffy can use haki,thats totaly diffrent then the df ability that doflamingo have,and u dont know if doflamingo cant use haki also,maybe he can...
Old 2009-04-29, 11:25   Link #343
stigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
he was talking about doflamingo,not luffy...luffy cant control ppl the way doflmingo can...

luffy can use haki,thats totaly diffrent then the df ability that doflamingo have,and u dont know if doflamingo cant use haki also,maybe he can...
I think you misunderstood what The Small One said, The Small One was talking about DoFlamingo and if he used "haki" and not a possible DF fruit to control another persons actions. That was atleast what I figured out by reading it.
Old 2009-04-29, 11:41   Link #344
syler321

hmm maybe ur right stigi hehe,but still doflamingo wasnt using any haki,it didnt looked like it anyway,it defintly looked like he was using his own ability to control those ppl like puppets...
Old 2009-04-29, 12:14   Link #345
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Was it ever said, that it's a DF power?

To me it looks more like some form of King's Haki. Luffy can order the people around, and they follow his command, even if they don't want (at least it seemed this way, when he was fighting the amazon sisters). So I think the next step would be controlling without speaking.
I really don't know why some people just have to bring in the Haki thing for every minor issue.

Doflamingo's ability may simply be a devil fruit. In fact, it is much more likely to be a devil fruit than anything else. Controlling peoples' limbs has nothing to do with the principle of the "Breath of all things". Sorry, but you're about...80% likely to be wrong. Going by logic alone, though, so I could be wrong, too.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-04-29, 12:14   Link #346
Azncoke123

Theres no really anyway to tell if he used Haki or not since he was wearing Sunglasses, one sure way of telling is that if they use Haki their eyes have a more of a threat or anger in them
Old 2009-04-29, 12:35   Link #347
marvelB

Yeah, I'd also say that it's too soon to assume that Doflamingo's puppetry power is associated with Haki. A DF power is much more likely, since most of the Shichibukai are DF users, anyhow. Like Tsuchirinhon said, a string fruit is one of the best possibile guesses for his power at this point. If so, then the reason why we haven't seen the strings in question would be because they're extremely thin and light (kinda like Shura's strings in Skypiea)......
Old 2009-04-29, 19:45   Link #348
james0246

^I would actually prefer for the ability to be haki based if for no other reason than it would leave him open to having a powerful DF as well (not that he couldn't use Haki if his DF does 'control' people, it just seems less likely). Then again, that could simply be my bias for sheer coolness of DoFlamingo.
Old 2009-04-29, 21:27   Link #349
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I would actually prefer for the ability to be haki based if for no other reason than it would leave him open to having a powerful DF as well (not that he couldn't use Haki if his DF does 'control' people, it just seems less likely). Then again, that could simply be my bias for sheer coolness of DoFlamingo.
using haki to actually control people, isn't that kinda super duper hax there?

haha he would certainly be a man to fear by well pretty much everyone considering it takes a great haki to just knock someone out. To actually take control thats gotta be on a whole new level.
Old 2009-04-29, 22:23   Link #350
marvelB

Yeah, I also feel that using Haki to literally control someone would make the power seem too broken. I mean, I at least understand that intimidation is a basis for it, but I doubt that it can be manipulated to that level.....

Anyways, the next ministory should begin in a few chapters' time. It won't be too much longer until we have confirmation on whether it will focus on the rest of the Straw-Hats or not (I'm still crossing my fingers for that Foxy ministory, personally)......
Old 2009-04-29, 22:24   Link #351
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I've never seen Haki being able to control people, it doesn't really work that way. Well Haki does affect the wills of others, it doesn't allow you to physically take over their movements. Those under Doflamingo's effects look like they lose control of their bodies but their mind is clear but unable to control their body.

Anyway does anyone think that Inazuma could be inspired by Edward Scissors Hands?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-29, 22:30   Link #352
james0246

^It did turn out that Brook was partially inspired by Jack Skellington (and of course Slash ), so I could see Inazuma's ability being inspired by Edward Scissorhands (Inazuma himself...not so much).
Old 2009-04-29, 22:34   Link #353
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Anyway does anyone think that Inazuma could be inspired by Edward Scissors Hands?

Yeah, I did have that in mind. Heh, I wonder if Inazuma is a good barber or hedgeclipper?
Old 2009-04-29, 22:41   Link #354
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea I'd think that male Inazuma would like to cut bushes like a gardener and female Inazuma would like to cut some hair, but it can also work the other way round lol

Inazuma's ability somehow reminds me of Jojo Part 5, Buccellati's Sticky Fingers Stand, the one that zips/unzips anything. Those unzipped parts have a fabric like effect, similar to the way things behave when Inazuma cuts them. Inazuma doesn't really cut because the scissors are sharp, but a property that allows him to cut anything I think.

Old 2009-04-29, 22:55   Link #355
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Inazuma's ability somehow reminds me of Jojo Part 5, Buccellati's Sticky Fingers Stand, the one that zips/unzips anything. Those unzipped parts have a fabric like effect, similar to the way things behave when Inazuma cuts them. Inazuma doesn't really cut because the scissors are sharp, but a property that allows him to cut anything I think.

Eh, I don't really see much similarity between Sticky Fingers and Inazuma's scissor power. Maybe if he's able to harmlessly cut people and hide inside of their bodies, I can see a clearer connection between the two abilities, but otherwise.... eh.

Heh, since we're talking about Stands and DF powers, I wonder if a time-based Logia user will appear in the series at some point? Sure, the power would be beyond broken, but it would still be awesome to see Oda make a reference to "ZA WARUDO!"
Old 2009-04-29, 23:01   Link #356
james0246

^For all we know Kuma can reflect time !...whatever that would entitle...

Seriously though, since I saw Kuma 'reflect' pain/fatigue I gave up on worrying about whether or not Oda was going to worry about "realistic" powers or if a power is too overpowered.
Old 2009-04-29, 23:03   Link #357
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

One Piece would break itself totally if Oda introduced any of those time affecting abilities lol

But if Kizaru moves at speed of light, essentially time is zero for him while he moves, you can say he stopped time when he transforms into a beam of light.

Old 2009-04-30, 03:54   Link #358
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Foxy's ability kinda effected time
Old 2009-04-30, 05:35   Link #359
ellifeedn
Thinker

Since you guys are talking about Jojo and time powers, I'd like to share that I'm waiting for a stand to appear with the name Time Warp. Whether the stand will resemble something from that movie is optional .
Old 2009-04-30, 06:30   Link #360
Azncoke123

I'm pretty sure there are multiple DF, throughout OP they mention a book that mentions all the DF powers. How would they know the power if they never seen it? Would be cool to see multiple DF powers.
Closed Thread