AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-10, 13:52   Link #21
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Very nice, I hope it continues ... then again Kaishaku is quite a popular group, so probably it will.
Old 2010-09-12, 01:21   Link #22
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Chapter 08 has been out for a short while now: click

Spoiler for for ch08 thoughts:
Old 2010-09-14, 17:58   Link #23
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Erica Friedman did mention that Kaishaku has this uncanny ability of getting WORSE for every new title they do. This is really teetering to that point.

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2010-09-14 at 18:18.
Old 2011-03-06, 01:33   Link #24
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so um is there any chance it will anime version on the way?

give seeing both kannazuki no miko & kyoshiro to towa no sora really just more curious if 3rd version will also get anime.

& yes blame on my curious side really yuri-lesbian anime are so OH MY to see.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2011-03-13, 20:11   Link #25
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Chapter 08 has been out for a short while now: click

Spoiler for for ch08 thoughts:
Yaaaaaaaaaaay *bricked*

What? ALL love is beautiful! Not just yuri!
Old 2011-03-14, 04:50   Link #26
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaay *bricked*

What? ALL love is beautiful! Not just yuri!
:P This is true, and I have absolutely nothing against het (as I believe you have witnessed), but that does not mean all love is beautiful to an equal measure. Himeko x Chikane in this case certainly has stronger historical precedent and I believe will be more beautiful by the author's intention as well. One of the things I find very interesting about Kaishaku's Kannazuki no Miko and it's spinoffs is that it really is shounen, and trying to sell yuri to a shounen audience. This means that it is very open to things like het (and mecha, for example) which are popular, and appeal to standard audiences. However, this sort of approach to the series not only results in people like yourself being burned by etc. what happened to Souma, but also a lot of dissatisfaction among strict yuri enthusiasts. I think that's disappointing. However, as for myself, I personally do appreciate this wider perspective and open-mindedness, however, because I nevertheless trust that Kaishaku really is just trying to get a genuine/beautiful yuri story out to as many people as possible.
Old 2011-03-14, 12:07   Link #27
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I nevertheless trust that Kaishaku really is just trying to get a genuine/beautiful yuri story out to as many people as possible.
That may have been true (not in my eyes but I won't go down that road AGAIN) with KNM.
But this manga..........it's pretty much fanservice and lulz so far....
Old 2011-03-14, 13:52   Link #28
Sol Falling

lol, that does seem to pretty accurately describe it right now, but I guess I have a pretty high capacity for lulz and fanservice. In fact, the ability to tell a meaningful story despite widely featuring irreverent aspects like this is one of the most impressive things I think a series can do, and I maintain that Kannazuki no Miko itself was full of enough hilarious and outrageous bullshit (the mecha, the villains, the 'boy's love' jokes, the first episode with GAR Souma screaming "Himeko!!!" while Chikane steals a kiss in the background) that this series is still somewhat in the original's spirit. I won't deny that I'm probably in an extremely small minority in thinking this though :P.
Old 2011-03-14, 14:51   Link #29
Chiibi

Heh, I do too....it goes over the borderline of "smut"....yet I keep reading it anyway.

.........well..........Himeko's cute. And I actually want to know what happens in this plot. XD

Quote:
I guess I have a pretty high capacity for lulz and fanservice
Same here. Quite used to anime series that are nothing BUT.
Old 2012-01-27, 15:14   Link #30
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I read the manga, and it reminds of Seikon no Qwaser because of being a religiously ecchified action fantasy manga and I like it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-27, 16:08   Link #31
Sol Falling

Still waiting for more of this series...:P
Old 2012-01-27, 17:27   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Still waiting for more of this series...:P
AFAIK there won't be further scanlations because it's licensed for distribution on JManga. Although, by the time it was licensed the groups that were scanlating it had already lost interest due to its troll ending anyway.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:11   Link #33
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
AFAIK there won't be further scanlations because it's licensed for distribution on JManga. Although, by the time it was licensed the groups that were scanlating it had already lost interest due to its troll ending anyway.
Huh. So it's both been licensed and already ended? Whoa. I wonder when JManga intend to release it then, as they don't seem to have even the first volume up. Well, it's good news that it's at least been confirmed for translation, though.

Thanks for the info.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:23   Link #34
Malkuth
Banned

Well, it was not meant to be yuri to begin with (at least that was my impressionboth after the first couple of chapter, and didn't change when that couple turn from chapters to volumes). Most of the groups that occasionally were picking it up had a very narrow interest in that genre, and making fun of their fixation isn't exactly motivational, however interesting to read

Anyway I ordered the raws, it is an interesting practice material.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:55   Link #35
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, it was not meant to be yuri to begin with (at least that was my impressionboth after the first couple of chapter, and didn't change when that couple turn from chapters to volumes). Most of the groups that occasionally were picking it up had a very narrow interest in that genre, and making fun of their fixation isn't exactly motivational, however interesting to read

Anyway I ordered the raws, it is an interesting practice material.
I've got no idea of the details of the "troll ending", but to be honest I am actually still expecting it to be yuri. So if I'm wrong on that, correct me now.

My take on Amnesian (and Kannazuki no Miko, and Kaishaku in general) has always been that they're shounen/het friendly. Their previous works before KnM weren't yuri, and their doujin works pretty often show them to be dirty fucks just like the rest of us guys. However, I would be honestly surprised if Kaishaku gave a true "fuck you" to the ChikanexHimeko fans they made with Kannazuki no Miko. That series was practically one of my real starting points as a yuri fan, after all, and all of their other projects/cameos that followed seemed aimed at that audience. So my hope is, despite however much other trolling they throw in there, Amnesian is at least true to its original background and pairing.

The last I personally heard, payapaya scans were still planning to work on Amnesian, just lacking a translator. That was a couple months ago now, however. Still, unless you flat out confirm for me otherwise, I'm not gonna give up on this series being yuri.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:11   Link #36
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
I've got no idea of the details of the "troll ending", but to be honest I am actually still expecting it to be yuri. So if I'm wrong on that, correct me now.
When I read them, I'll try to remember to spoil everything here

But that will take some time, my japanese are not good in any way

Quote:
My take on Amnesian (and Kannazuki no Miko, and Kaishaku in general) has always been that they're shounen/het friendly. Their previous works before KnM weren't yuri, and their doujin works pretty often show them to be dirty fucks just like the rest of us guys. However, I would be honestly surprised if Kaishaku gave a true "fuck you" to the ChikanexHimeko fans they made with Kannazuki no Miko. That series was practically one of my real starting points as a yuri fan, after all, and all of their other projects/cameos that followed seemed aimed at that audience. So my hope is, despite however much other trolling they throw in there, Amnesian is at least true to its original background and pairing.
Dunno, Kaishaku for me works always by assigning different and very distinct roles to yuri couple, so doesn't feel very homo- to begin with, and in addition it bloats the story with drama around their relationship which basically never works out... so it works very different from what you read in more mainstream yuri, and probably that's why I find it interesting.

And I really hope that they never included mecha, shounen, etc. just makes the thing harder to read

EDIT: Nah... scratch that, I just remembered that godly two chapter fight in the rooftop resulting to a defeated Chikane on all four humilitated... godly character drawings, background art, rendering dynamic movement into static panels, dialogue... even Himeko peeping

Quote:
The last I personally heard, payapaya scans were still planning to work on Amnesian, just lacking a translator. That was a couple months ago now, however. Still, unless you flat out confirm for me otherwise, I'm not gonna give up on this series being yuri.
Eh? Sorry but they are ONLY missing a translator, so what do they have? a computer/phone with an internet connection

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-27 at 21:15. Reason: about shounen
Old 2012-01-27, 22:07   Link #37
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
When I read them, I'll try to remember to spoil everything here

But that will take some time, my japanese are not good in any way
Well, buying volumes is at least a proactive method of developing it. I'm also (more or less) presently studying Japanese myself.

Quote:
Dunno, Kaishaku for me works always by assigning different and very distinct roles to yuri couple, so doesn't feel very homo- to begin with, and in addition it bloats the story with drama around their relationship which basically never works out... so it works very different from what you read in more mainstream yuri, and probably that's why I find it interesting.

And I really hope that they never included mecha, shounen, etc. just makes the thing harder to read

EDIT: Nah... scratch that, I just remembered that godly two chapter fight in the rooftop resulting to a defeated Chikane on all four humilitated... godly character drawings, background art, rendering dynamic movement into static panels, dialogue... even Himeko peeping
I actually consider the anime version of Kannazuki no Miko one of the all-time masterpieces of the medium, and the epic super-robot parodies were one part of what made it so great and entertaining. The full-out, no holds barred emotion, drama, and hotbloodedness indeed were part of what distinguished it from what you normally find in yuri. Generally, I appreciate what Kaishaku did as one of the more original ways for expanding the yuri audience. That's why I hope they keep doing what they're doing while remaining original to that spirit.

Quote:
Eh? Sorry but they are ONLY missing a translator, so what do they have? a computer/phone with an internet connection
Payapaya has actually already released a couple chapters of Amnesian (the latest ones), with scripts which were left over from the previous scanlator group for the series. So yes, they really are just missing scripts. Yes, a typesetter is basically the one other thing you need for scanlation, but Payapaya is a general yuri scanlation group, so they have lots of other projects.
Closed Thread

Tags
seinen, yuri