AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 03:43   Link #1621
LeoXiao
思想工作

Ugh...I need to go to sleep. 5 losses in a row is no fun.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 10:14   Link #1622
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Also, I've warmed up to my Black Prince, and the 38(t) as well surprisingly. BP got more bearable once I upgraded its gun, which was what I expected to happen.
For the BP, it will take some time to get comfortable with these tanks. I was furious at my Matilda for being so slow, but then being so heavily armored made up for it
Old 2013-01-12, 11:11   Link #1623
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
By the way, I technically can get the King Tiger already, but I'm electing not to, given the serious string of losses that led to it on ALL my tanks. I'm down to less than 47% now on a lot of my higher-tier tanks. That's... unusual.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:49   Link #1624
Gravitas Free Zone

I currently have three of the four crew in the Pz38nA at 83% camo skill, except for the driver, who has 83% off-road driving.

I'm thinking of swapping the driver to camo also. The 38nA still doesn't accelerate all that well, and this would mean that the crew would be much closer to 100% camo; as it is right now, if I got the crew to 100% on the first skill, averaging means that they would only have 75% effective until the driver caught up with them by grinding camo as his second skill.

If I give them all camo first, the driver can work up to the low 40% range in off-road driving fairly quickly on his own since the XP ramp is still fairly flat on the second skill until that point.

Grinding the StuG crew to 100% on their first skill is still taking a long time (now at about 90%), but my average XP per game is very slowly increasing...

Speaking of free XP, I've decided that the path from the T-34-85 to the KV-13 to the IS will be much too irritating, so I'm going to orient the T-34-85's grind toward the higher-end Soviet mediums, and am going to see if my other grinds will gather enough free XP to get me to the KV-1 without having to beat myself up in Tier 4. (This is without spending gold on elite tanks for XP transfer, first because of the gold, second because I'm trying to get all of these crews to the point where they're really dangerous.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 12:04   Link #1625
Newhope

Just had probably most enjoyable game I've had in a long time, stupid team lemming trained down on flank left me alone in my KV on the other flank, a T-50 scouted the flank so they knew I was alone so 2 crusaders and Jgpanther attacked which ended up in a 5 minutes duel.

Spoiler for Space:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 12:05   Link #1626
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm starting again with two great games.

This is what a Jumbo on a rampage is still capable of;

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, Highway

And the E-75 on its home turf reigns supreme;

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

E-75, Himmelsdorf
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 13:57   Link #1627
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Found a fellow anime fan who also a Centurion player (though he use the tier 8 Cent) and wow... nothing could stop us.

this is a game where I have been denied top gun TWICE thanks to random number generator gave me the lowest damage roll.

Old 2013-01-12, 16:27   Link #1628
Sumeragi
Banned

What happens when you play without a mouse?

A decent StuG III game:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 16:41   Link #1629
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So what happens when you do play with a Maus?
Old 2013-01-12, 16:44   Link #1630
LeoXiao
思想工作

Sometimes I use the laptop mouse clicker to snipe, so as to avoid accidentally moving the primary mouse if my palm twitches when clicking.

I haven't played the Maus before but the E100 is kinda fun in an inane way, esp. if you use gold. Perhaps only when you use gold.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 17:12   Link #1631
aly_angelflight

I turn my laptop's mouse pad off whenever I play with an actual mouse (which is almost always), since I have a tendency to bump the darn thing, throwing off my aim. ^^;
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 17:36   Link #1632
Gravitas Free Zone

That central building on the eastern end of Lakeville... so many shenanigans. As usual I ended up being too close to the action in my Tiger, but managed to hurt a bunch of tanks that were making poor decisions in trying to go around it.

Including the JTiger that burned when I shot it in the lower front plate, as high-tier Germans typically do. Actually, I think I set it on fire twice.

Better luck: Shooting deep into the belly armor of an American heavy that broke the wall and found itself pointed nearly straight up for a moment.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 18:34   Link #1633
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So, if I decide to get the King Tiger, just how much punishment am I expected to face just to get the last gun? Also, will the short 10.5 really force me to go mid-range until I get the last gun?
Old 2013-01-12, 18:47   Link #1634
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Everyone else seems to do fine with the Long 88 -- it's just me. I just got the Long 10.5 and I'm feeling a lot better with the tank. It just feels much more powerful.

So, I just had one game on "Port" that reminded me of my "breakthrough/distraction" game on El Halluf.. I charged down the eastern flank and got pinned down behind a small hill and shed. It was literally me and a Ferdi that stayed way behind by the tracks. More than 8 members of the enemy team were trying to hit me .. And I managed to survive! Yay!

Problem was .. I only got 500xp and a 10,000 credit loss on this battle. Why? Cause while all the enemies were distracted by me .. and getting shot to death .. my allies managed to "spot" for themselves. So I got nearly no "sighted XP" .. no XP for being an effective distraction .. It's nothing new, but it's just particularly irritating when it's so obvious

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-12 at 19:12.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:10   Link #1635
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm just happy that a good chunk of the modules from the Tiger carry over. Whew!

That said, I officially have no more space in my garage, and I don't think I can shell out this month (or anythime soon, until at least summer) for extra space. Hmm.
Old 2013-01-12, 19:10   Link #1636
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So, if I decide to get the King Tiger, just how much punishment am I expected to face just to get the last gun? Also, will the short 10.5 really force me to go mid-range until I get the last gun?
I skipped past the 10.5 short because I was being cheap. The Long 8.8 is a decent weapon, has a faster reload but the damage on that weapon makes you feel inferior compare to the other tier 8s.

I seriously should of gotten Sixth Sense long ago on my Tiger II. That skill has saved me many times from artillery shots when peeking out of corners.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:13   Link #1637
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Just 5k to go for the chaffee, its so tantalizingly close yet seems to be taking longer the closer I get...

Gonna have to buy some gold now though so I can convert the 40 odd thousand xp I've accumulated with my elite tanks to put toward researching the chaffee and its upgrades.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:37   Link #1638
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You're stopping at the Chaffee? Well I suppose it has the best Tier V gun, but given how it's a light it's usually placed in tiers much MUCH higher than it should be in,
Old 2013-01-12, 19:56   Link #1639
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I wont be stopping at the chaffee its just what I'm focusing on at the moment to be my main light, I'm also planning on going back to the churchill since I really only need 11k to progress to the VII.

As well as that I'm working through the french line to the ELC.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:01   Link #1640
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I wont be stopping at the chaffee its just what I'm focusing on at the moment to be my main light, I'm also planning on going back to the churchill since I really only need 11k to progress to the VII.

As well as that I'm working through the french line to the ELC.
Churchill? Do eet. DOOOO EEEET! Churchill tank is best tank.

I have the 13 75, but when I got it the ELC hadn't even been introduced yet. A lot of people use it and swear by it, but I've never had one myself. Is it really as good as people say and worth trying?

So on the Dragon map (whatever it's called), I dropped down a cliff to avoid a BP, who then dropped down and was blocked by myself. Now stuck, the enemy BP was then met by a KV-5 from our team who launched himself off the cliff aimed at the rear of the BP. This killed the KV-5, but severely damaged the Black Prince as the KV-5s carcass phased through the BP and out beside me. That is how you airdrop a tank, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-01-12 at 20:17.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks