AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 12:22   Link #721
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Bleach did that, it's obvious the Naruto team is taking a different approach. Considering the Naruto team doesn't want to do that, stopping now makes sense for all the reasons I described.
not for this long though. like i said, canon material can be stopped at any time. it's not even arguable... long running animes do it all the time including naruto. this filler has been going on so long (notwithstanding the 5 or so canon episodes they did in the middle) that i'm reminded of the end of the first series where they pumped out so much filler i (and lot's of others) almost stopped watching the show entirely. also, i dont know if you read the manga or not, but there are places for a 'naruto style' break coming up anyway
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 13:37   Link #722
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
like i said, canon material can be stopped at any time. it's not even arguable...
Not sure why it's so hard for you to acknowledge the fact that the Naruto team refuses to stop canon at random times, and only does it when it makes sense. I mean, it's really obvious they want to stay away from alternate reality/story-unrelated filler arcs.

Quote:
this filler has been going on so long (notwithstanding the 5 or so canon episodes they did in the middle) that i'm reminded of the end of the first series where they pumped out so much filler i (and lot's of others) almost stopped watching the show entirely.
Are you kidding me? The filler hell of part 1 was 85 episodes of consecutive filler. Right now we are at 27 consecutive episodes of filler (or we will be when we reach 316, the last confirmed filler episode), which is just slightly above the longer filler streak Shippuden ever had.
And despite all these episodes of consecutive filler, the manga/anime gap is only 75 chapters. If you look back at the previous arcs, they've never resumed canon with a gap that was smaller than that, which is why you're seeing all these fillers know.

To quote some numbers:
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Gaara arc was 98 chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Sai arc was 94 chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Hidan and Kakuzu arc was 101 chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Hunt for Itachi arc was 108 Chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Pain Arc was 81 Chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the Five Kage Summit Arc was 75 Chapters.
The anime/manga gap at the beginning of the War Arc was 78 Chapters.

I think it's pretty clear they want to bring the anime/manga gap back to the usual 75-80 chapters before resuming canon.

Last edited by neshru; 2013-05-20 at 14:19.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:10   Link #723
Excelion

The power arc was good but I think it was scrapped movie material. Looked that way based on its production value.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 20:17   Link #724
itachi-san314

Quote:
Not sure why it's so hard for you to acknowledge the fact that the Naruto team refuses to stop canon at random times,
not sure why it's so hard for you to acknowledge that they could... also, 'random' is a word you use very lightly. keep in mind that this current filler is happening in the middle of a canon story arc. you missed pretty much all of my points and made up your own story of what i've said
Old 2013-05-20, 21:20   Link #725
neshru

Quote:
not sure why it's so hard for you to acknowledge that they could...
They could, but they won't. So it doesn't matter if they could. It's not an option.

Quote:
keep in mind that this current filler is happening in the middle of a canon story arc
It's happening in a very specific place of the current canon arc, where all the ongoing storylines within the arc have been settled and the next big phase is about to begin. It's a place where having fillers that take place in the current timeline makes sense. Not every point in the storyline allows for that, unless they cuts away to a completely different storyline that has nothing to do with what's going on, which they won't do.

Quote:
you missed pretty much all of my points and made up your own story of what i've said
Then maybe you're not doing a great job at explaining yourself
Did you mean that they could stop the series entirely instead of doing fillers? If that's not it then I really don't know what point of yours I may be missing.
Old 2013-05-20, 21:52   Link #726
itachi-san314

Quote:
They could, but they won't. So it doesn't matter if they could. It's not an option.
ah. i see you are now the self-proclaimed producer of the show...how can i possibly argue with this logic?

Quote:
It's happening in a very specific place of the current canon arc, where all the ongoing storylines within the arc have been settled and the next big phase is about to begin.
nope. a couple major story-lines were just introduced as a matter of fact involving itachi and muu. also, kabuto's story continues, it is not settled whatsoever. and let's not forget the ongoing war

Quote:
Then maybe you're not doing a great job at explaining yourself
all i said was that i prefer au filler and that the show could stop anytime to do it. it's really not that complicated of a point. you are just turning it into a mess since you cannot bring yourself to see it any other way than your own
Old 2013-05-21, 06:30   Link #727
neshru

Quote:
ah. i see you are now the self-proclaimed producer of the show...how can i possibly argue with this logic?
The problem is that you're not using logic in your arguments. The facts are right in front of your face, yet you keep ignoring them. Thinking that a pattern that's been going on for 5 years is just a case, and that they are willing to change it up at any time, is just foolish.

Quote:
all i said was that i prefer au filler and that the show could stop anytime to do it.
And all I said is don't get your hopes up. There are facts that show AU filler is very unlikely to happen. Thinking otherwise at this point is pretty much wishful thinking.

And now I'm done repeating the same thing over and over
Old 2013-05-21, 11:26   Link #728
itachi-san314

Quote:
And now I'm done repeating the same thing over and over
well that's a relief. no matter how many times you repeat yourself, you never take the time to look at what i'm actually saying...
Old 2013-05-23, 04:34   Link #729
neshru

Quote:
well that's a relief. no matter how many times you repeat yourself, you never take the time to look at what i'm actually saying...
I tried man, it didn't work out. It was also my first time reading ten post from the same guy while mistaking him every single time, such a strange thing to happen.

In other news, June is 100% filler too. At least the episode titles look more interesting this time around.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:25   Link #730
Monster0

Funny,naruto fans are stereotyped by their profile pics.

non-naruto character= complaining

uchias= troll

leaf ninja other than uchias= fanboys

no pic=weirdo,lol
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:11   Link #731
ookamigirl

So this episode is continuing where the last one left off.
More flashbacks to the past and childhood days.
This type of episode is kinda out of place.
Yota is a weird one. Wonder if his role will be of any significance in the war.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 16:42   Link #732
Monster0

Quote:
Because the arc is still not finished in the manga, and they won't have another nice spot for fillers in a long time.
Yes, if they resumed canon with the current anime/manga gap they would probably be able to reach the end of the arc before they've caught up with the manga, but at that point the anime/manga gap would have become much smaller. And that would be fine if this was to be the last arc, but in case it wasn't and the manga story went on for more and more years, then the Naruto anime team would be pretty much fucked. That's why they are doing lots of fillers now: so they don't regret it later (and I believe they've learned their lesson with part 1).
I was dubious about this explanation but after some research this seems to be the case ,as odd as it sounds.I suppose technically they could do things differently but they don't.
Old 2013-05-23, 18:07   Link #733
DKN117

My guess: Yota is some sort of nature spirit or fae.

My other guess: I'm gonna f*ckin' cut someone if they don't stop this g*ddamn filler and get back to the canon stuff!
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 20:09   Link #734
itachi-san314

Quote:
I tried man, it didn't work out. It was also my first time reading ten post from the same guy while mistaking him every single time, such a strange thing to happen.
no worries it happens. maybe next time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Funny,naruto fans are stereotyped by their profile pics.

non-naruto character= complaining

uchias= troll

leaf ninja other than uchias= fanboys

no pic=weirdo,lol
haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
My other guess: I'm gonna f*ckin' cut someone if they don't stop this g*ddamn filler and get back to the canon stuff!
don't complain. according to neshru it's not long and it all makes sense. and trust me. he knows exactly what the producers are thinking and what their limitations are
Old 2013-05-24, 06:37   Link #735
Monster0

You work for Shonen Jump? i'm sorry i thought you knew what you were talking about.

But if you google the subject you can read what they say,mind reading is still impossible.But timing an anime so it doesn't run out of source material is the least interesting aspect of the process.It is amazing how they can churn out cartoons,makes Hanna Barbara studios look like amateurs.Actually half the stuff i thought was animated in the USA was animated in Japan or some other Asian country.

There is one thing we can be sure the producers are thinking about,MONEY! In pre-production they know way in advance how many seconds it will take Naruto to pick his nose.If the Manga can only provide 4 episodes (hypothetical numbers ty)of nose picking then here come the fillers to keep that bitch on TV and to provide the network with the amount of episodes they demand per season.So the money keeps rolling in,and they get the extra benefit of more dvd's to sell.

Last edited by Monster0; 2013-05-28 at 06:51.
Old 2013-05-30, 07:08   Link #736
ookamigirl

Ah, so Yota is another dead comrade.
No wonder he's giving them all grief.
Looks like guilt was their biggest enemy this time.
The unavoidable flashbacks... again.
It was soft of interesting to see their history with Yota.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:24   Link #737
DarkHollowIchigo

-whipes tear away, so sad yota-
Old 2013-05-30, 13:47   Link #738
UnklPetri

i don't like how the reanimated can self-destruct. if that's the case then only reanimated bad guys would want to fight.
UnklPetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 14:50   Link #739
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
And that's how two of Danzo's bodyguards came not to be used.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:47   Link #740
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
That turned out to be a pretty good little filler arc. Sad and character driven.

So if Yota didn't wipe their memories, the anime would have had:
* Naruto grow up with friends which greatly changes his story.
* Probably would not be obsessed with Sasuke.
* Probably wouldn't of wanted to be Hokage to be acknowledged.
* Ino would of moved her crush from Sasuke to Shikamaru. They'd be dating now.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion