AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-09, 21:29   Link #141
Key Board
Carbon

perhaps he doesn't completely understand Ginga's design

she is made by another person, after all

come to think of it, what is Ginga's IS?
Old 2007-09-09, 21:30   Link #142
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That reminds me:

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Spoiler for Episode 24:
Old 2007-09-09, 21:44   Link #143
lightl

all in all pretty good episode , but liike others have said the animation was really bad here. Well 7 arcs got about 5 or so months to improve it for DVD release
Old 2007-09-09, 21:46   Link #144
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Wait, something just hit me: Why is Quattro patting her stomach towards the end of this episode? O.o

I'm sure she didn't eat anything before then... could she be... um..
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-09, 21:51   Link #145
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
But the bad tactics are already all done. All that is left is for 7Arcs to spit on sound military logic like they spit on Hayate and most of the characters in their NxF drive (and to be fair, like a lot of anime) and force the win for our protagonists. There's no need for us to hash it out anymore...
My issue with this is that you somehow assume they KNOW "sound military logic" to begin with… I’m thinking guys writing magical girl show scripts probably aren’t military buffs or ex-service members. (and anyone saying they should go out looking for military advisers for a damn Magic Girl show will be classed as totally insane and dismissed.)

Besides fiction (Even good fiction) is so rife with terrible military decisions basiclly dictated by the author for dramatic purposes that I just roll my eyes over guys that bitch about it now. If you want to go write something cloaked in an impenetrable shield of military jargon, full of forced metaphors to the modern military, and packed to the gills with boring diatribes on tactical deployments and force organizations charts be my guest but don’t expect any body to read it, never mind enjoy it, and this is coming from someone that likes military histroy and will probably be going into the ROTC within 8 months or so. I truly wasn't aware a working knowledge of the fine nuances of military strategy was a requirement to be an author nowadays.
Old 2007-09-09, 21:57   Link #146
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Wait, something just hit me: Why is Quattro patting her stomach towards the end of this episode? O.o

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-09, 22:16   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Erio/Caro lackluster fight was quite dull, but nobody cares for them so bleh, the less whining/flawed befriending the better.
Oh ? Nobody cares about them eh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Don't know why, but Uno x Acous seems like they would make a good pair (poor Hayate).
I was wondering, was he just waiting for the right moment to appear? And did he know she was the most harmless of the bunch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Besides, Jail's 12-Numbers insurance only works if at least one Number stays clear from danger.

... Unless Ginga too...
Or, remember the ending for the AvP movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And I don't get what Chrono is doing. He has all these captains/admirals commanding the inter-dimensional fleet, he can at least arrive on the battlefield himself and help out. I'm guessing he's probably at least a "S"-class mage.
Some how it takes 3 hours to get point A to B. Convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

That reminds me:

Spoiler for Episode 24:
It is, and it's very typical as well... Nightengale's nightmare
Old 2007-09-09, 22:28   Link #148
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post

They're big, alright...
OMG!? It's the battle of the behimats "where's godzilla?" :P
Old 2007-09-09, 22:32   Link #149
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Not that much for me to say about the Ep, The opening flashback was a bit too long for my taste but at least it made Regius bite the dust.

Erio/Caro's fight vs team Lutecia is rather unimpressive, I prefer to have bigger explosions. At least then good thing that come out of it is that Lutecia is befriended

Highlight for me of course is to see twin sword wielding Fate. Fate just looks bad ass with it. Too bad she did not slash across Scagletti, but then again you can not have everything going your way...

And now we are finally up to fight between Nanoha mama and Vivio. Hopefully the promised fireworks will come finally.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:36   Link #150
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
My issue with this is that you somehow assume they KNOW "sound military logic" to begin with…
I'm not demanding any beautiful deception plans. I'm demanding Concentration of Force. Even normal magical girls try to stick together charging into the Final Boss' den! Even cheap street punks wanting money know to gang up on a victim!

Further, the tactics shown by the Doctor and Teana make me think they really have at least some inkling of proper tactics.

Quote:
Besides fiction (Even good fiction) is so rife with terrible military decisions basiclly dictated by the author for dramatic purposes that I just roll my eyes over guys that bitch about it now. If you want to go write something cloaked in an impenetrable shield of military jargon, full of forced metaphors to the modern military, and packed to the gills with boring diatribes on tactical deployments and force organizations charts be my guest but don’t expect any body to read it, never mind enjoy it, and this is coming from someone that likes military histroy and will probably be going into the ROTC within 8 months or so. I truly wasn't aware a working knowledge of the fine nuances of military strategy was a requirement to be an author nowadays.
We are demanding Concentration of Forces. We are not demanding the Cannae. People learn the value of Cooperation and Acting in Teams, as well as the power of Numbers at a very young age.

Anyway, we were almost done complaining, except that some new viewers of subbed Ep21 isn't too happy with our comments... so, the battle (and fun) begins anew.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:56   Link #151
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:
ALL 12 of his cyborgs are technically pregnant with the Doctor.

Yes. ALL 12.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:59   Link #152
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Now I'm eager to see Nanoha in "Blaster Mode".

No point in mentioning it in the show & not use it, right?
Old 2007-09-09, 23:22   Link #153
Dark Wing

I just got around to watching this and I have to say while it is sort of good it's...not what I expected...

That aside I wondering about the cloned babies thing.

So all the number where born carrying a cloned fetas so that even if he dies someone will keep is "mission" alive correct...Ewwww...that sick freak...even in that loli number?... wait the Numbers were made with some of Jail's DNA and are also carry his clone babies...INCEST!!!!

Quattro seems to really enjoy the idea of having her dads baby. Can you say Father Complex she really must wants to be papa's favorite.

that reminds me...did Jail seed Ginga and Vivio too?

EDIT: Also remember how many unawakened Numbers Fate and Schach found?

No wonder the guy is always so upbeat...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-09-09 at 23:42.
Old 2007-09-09, 23:42   Link #154
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I just got around to watching this and I have to say while it is sort of good it's...not what I expected...

That aside I wondering about the cloned babies thing.

So all the number where born carrying a cloned fetas so that even if he dies someone will keep is "mission" alive correct...Ewwww...that sick freak...even in that loli number?... wait the Numbers were made with some of Jail's DNA and are also carry his clone babies...INCEST!!!!

Quattro seems to really enjoy the idea of having her dads baby. Can you say Father Complex she really must wants to be papa's favorite.

that reminds me...did Jail seed Ginga and Vivio too?
Vivio isn't even a cyborg.

The numbers weren't necessarily born with it. Just sometime after becoming a cyborg.

Numbers being made with Jail's DNA? Never heard of that...

I'd like to know Cinque's age.

I wonder how Cinque thinks of the Doctor. She is 5th in creation, 4th in activation. In this episode's flashback, she does mention dragging the bodies back to Doctor for him to have for his experiments. Then again, Quattro does call Cinque "boring".
Old 2007-09-09, 23:58   Link #155
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I found it strange they didn't show Deed's face when she got back up.

I hope Vice have killed her, or took out another "eye". She didn't even make any sounds this time when hit...Nove seems especially shocked about it.

I'd assume Vice's rifle is stronger than Teana's pea-shooter.
Old 2007-09-10, 00:15   Link #156
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
Even normal magical girls try to stick together charging into the Final Boss' den!
And what do they do after they enter the den? They get seperated! Either super-tough adversaries show up and each tackle one girl who says, "don't worry, I handle this, you guys go on ahead." Or the villan activates a trap that scattters the girls. In the end, it's almost always only the main heroine vs the only main villan.
In the end, it doesn't matter whether RF6 was dispersed or not. You'd still get the same number of individual duels. This is the time to show what they're each capable of, they're not going to cheapen it by steamrollering their opponents in seconds.
Old 2007-09-10, 00:20   Link #157
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
ALL 12 of his cyborgs are technically pregnant with the Doctor.

Yes. ALL 12.

The thought of that just... brings shivers down my spine.

On one hand, I'm getting eerie vibes from the Alien movie series. As if, the evil incarnations never end until the last one pregnant is dead.

On the other hand, I'm telling myself: "Wow, these are pretty damn advanced cyborgs."

That does tell you though: Subaru and Ginga can live on like normal human beings.

Wait a minute!
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-10, 00:26   Link #158
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
The thought of that just... brings shivers down my spine.

On one hand, I'm getting eerie vibes from the Alien movie series. As if, the evil incarnations never end until the last one pregnant is dead.

On the other hand, I'm telling myself: "Wow, these are pretty damn advanced cyborgs."

That does tell you though: Subaru and Ginga can live on like normal human beings.

Wait a minute!
Spoiler:
He said his 12 Sentoukijins are the ones who are carrying his clones.

So, unless Otto turns out to be a boy, Ginga's safe. And Vivio isn't a cyborg anyway.

Then again, he's telling Fate so much of his 'revival plan' despite being completely prepared to lose and die there and then... so I wouldn't put it past him to hide some 'truth' in his revelation. He might be leading Fate on to think that ONLY his 12 Numbers carry him, when there's actually someone else.

The 99% psychology trick. Telling something so detailed it seems like the full story, making the other assume that there's all there is to it behind it, when there's actually more.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-10, 00:28   Link #159
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am just waiting for the 4koma chrono's reaction to hearing about jaol's record
Old 2007-09-10, 00:48   Link #160
USCPharmacist

My Eyes!!! My Eyes... They Are Bleeding From The God Awesome Art!!!!! Arrrrggggghhhhh

This Episode Is Beyond Belka Style, Is Has To Be Musashi Gundo Style.
Closed Thread