Old 2011-02-28, 16:38   Link #3121
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
I'm Moslem fairly and simple.

why?

- because their god is one.
- because weren't any incovenient rite for you to communicate with god.
- easy to understand. why god command moslem lady to use hijab, or to grooming your beard? because god say so (dogmatic).
- simple

oh what about cyber beings or augments or clone or aliens does they have rigts to their salvation? yep they have, anyting that can think has equal chance to have their salvation.
You're trollin' right?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 16:40   Link #3122
Asuras
Dictadere~!

If he/she's serious, I might have to kick a puppy.
Old 2011-03-01, 08:01   Link #3123
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
You're trollin' right?
That last part is true. It is said in the Quran that, anyone and any being, even with the smallest atom of goodness within itself, still qualifies for salvation.

But apparently Allah sets the rules, so I don't think that counts to anything in the end - it is like wasting time praying or listening to a sermon just to get into heaven when the time could be better spent helping someone else.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 08:29   Link #3124
careph

I bow only to King Random and his Everlasting Realm of Chance.
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 22:05   Link #3125
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That last part is true. It is said in the Quran that, anyone and any being, even with the smallest atom of goodness within itself, still qualifies for salvation.

But apparently Allah sets the rules, so I don't think that counts to anything in the end - it is like wasting time praying or listening to a sermon just to get into heaven when the time could be better spent helping someone else.

I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious. I believe that praying just because it's an obligation and not because they want it is really a waste of time.

I pray my own way because I know Allah would understand and prefers action more than promises of repent yet unfulfilled.

" A thousand prayers of a habitual sinner is nothing, compared to a single prayer of a murderer of a thousand who repents for his sins and does not commit sin ever since".
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 22:56   Link #3126
Kiyori
Kiyori

i don't have a religion. but i respect everybody's choices, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs onto me.
Old 2011-03-03, 23:51   Link #3127
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I used to be an Agnostic, but lately I've slided toward being an Apatheist.

I do go to a Protestant (and sometimes Catholic) church occasionally with my family, but this world's just a little too uncertain for me to fully care.

Edit; (Actually, looking up on Wikipedia, perhaps I'm closer to an Apathetic Agnosticist.)

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-03-04 at 00:08.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 23:53   Link #3128
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Learned something new today. ^
Old 2011-03-04, 02:27   Link #3129
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
Wow, thats actually very clever.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 02:59   Link #3130
Rando

I'm a devout atheist and follower of the prophet Bill Maher.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 16:48   Link #3131
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

I do go to a Protestant (and sometimes Catholic) church occasionally with my family, but this world's just a little too uncertain for me to fully care.

Edit; (Actually, looking up on Wikipedia, perhaps I'm closer to an Apathetic Agnosticist.)
Hmm, I probably would have been an Apatheist if I wasn't already an Atheist..
Old 2011-03-07, 14:18   Link #3132
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
" A thousand prayers of a habitual sinner is nothing, compared to a single prayer of a murderer of a thousand who repents for his sins and does not commit sin ever since".
Precisely. What is the point of praying extra when you have done something wrong, instead of doing something to rectify it?

It kind of makes me wonder, what are those religious extremists doing killing people around the world instead of trying to provide the basic needs of food and water to their starving fellow believers in the Middle East?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 14:42   Link #3133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Precisely. What is the point of praying extra when you have done something wrong, instead of doing something to rectify it?

It kind of makes me wonder, what are those religious extremists doing killing people around the world instead of trying to provide the basic needs of food and water to their starving fellow believers in the Middle East?
Avoiding the actual problems of the community in favor of being part of the "power and ego clique of patriarchy". Solving problems takes work... its always easier to point to the "other" as a scapegoat. Mental outliers and sociopaths thrive on crisis even if they have to manufacture it on their own -- so they can be in charge.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:35   Link #3134
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Nothing. They're just assholes with an axe to grind and religion is a convenient excuse.

Of course they are extremists for a reason. It applies to extremists of any belief where people seem to ignore that spreading hope and faith through the world through good deeds would do more, but they'd rather just condemn those that they hate and of course ignoring the true spirit of the belief-- look at the Westboro Church for example.

It's been going on for almost 2000 years now; nothing special. Logic is for heathens. And thus to me, I don't judge anyone by their faith, but by their deeds.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 15:28   Link #3135
LonelyGirl
Observer.
*Artist

The more I see people debate over religions you more I wonder why people do it in the first place. I can see that the average human will react when somebody disagrees with what they think, its like instinct. The human mind is an interesting thing isn't it. The more I think about religion the more I wonder whats really out there among the stars.
LonelyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 14:20   Link #3136
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Apathetic Agnosticist
Same as me really, though I took a test the other day, saying I have 'humanist' beliefs, or something along those lines.

@LonelyGirl; Debating is fun!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 21:03   Link #3137
shinigami99

Agnostic Atheist here....
There are many reasons I question religion and Christians often ask me why I don't believe in a God.

For one thing, there is so much information in the world about the quantum state of matter, light and wave/particle duality, and evolutionary theory. It certainly begs the question: If Christians are using the Bible as the basis for the proof of God, then why doesn't scripture account for all these experimentally proven facts which have become a mainstay in modern science. If it mentioned at least one law of thermodynamics it would have given the bible so much more credibility

Secondly, some of the bible contradicts itself.For example, I often ask Christians(Christian because I don't have much muslim or hindu friends lol) well, if God wanted us to go to heaven, then why didnt he make us all good and happy? They often reply that God gives us free will. I then say well, isn't heaven a place with no sin or evil? Now, here's where things get tricky for them, they would probably realize where this is going and therefore would want to say yes. However, the bible states clearly that heaven is where the good go and hell is where the bad/non believers go(this is really broad I know). So they can't say yes and therefore say no. Therefore by logical inference, heaven is not a place of free will, and as long as humans have free will, bad deeds will be done, espescially if they are there for eternity. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't like that idea of a Heaven.

Thirdly, many people might say that Stalin and Hitler were Atheistic madmen. However, Stalin was ONE person and Hitler actually used God to justify his actions(He was baptized in the roman Catholic faith). The countless wars started by religion is 1000000x more than one person's horrible crime(I talk of course about Israel Palestine war, Spanish Inquisition, Dark ages, Hitler and the jews, Protestant vs Catholics, etc. etc.)

Of course these are just some of my reasons for not believing in religion. I'm NOT trying to convert anyone to atheism btw, I'm just stating my opinion
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 12:30   Link #3138
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I am not religious, but i firmly believe that acts of kindness and good faith transcend faith and culture Just a opinion, by being kind, respectful, being helpful to others and expect nothing in return is belief that i can call a religion.

People say act of kindness alone can never save, undo mistakes, but kindness teaches us to forgive one other and give each other a 2nd or 3nd or even 4th chance in life

I know it sound too optimistic, for my views are offend colored in the shades of gray
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 15:46   Link #3139
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I really don't like that idea of a Heaven.
Well if the people who go to heaven are good, that means that heaven is thus a nice place. Likewise, if Hell is populated by the wicked, it would suck to be there.
About the free will and sin, people have sin, but they are also able to cleanse themselves of it, thus getting themselves into heaven. Or they can use that freedom negatively and end up in hell. That's the theory anyway.

Quote:
Thirdly, many people might say that Stalin and Hitler were Atheistic madmen.
Stalin's rule was made possible by a mass following of an atheist materialist ideology, so that involves way more people than just himself. Hitler was not atheist per se, but religion didn't matter to him at all. He once complained that Christianity was too weak (too much "forgiveness" BS in his view), and wished that the Germans had a more violent religion.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 18:22   Link #3140
shinigami99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Well if the people who go to heaven are good, that means that heaven is thus a nice place. Likewise, if Hell is populated by the wicked, it would suck to be there.
About the free will and sin, people have sin, but they are also able to cleanse themselves of it, thus getting themselves into heaven. Or they can use that freedom negatively and end up in hell. That's the theory anyway.

Stalin's rule was made possible by a mass following of an atheist materialist ideology, so that involves way more people than just himself. Hitler was not atheist per se, but religion didn't matter to him at all. He once complained that Christianity was too weak (too much "forgiveness" BS in his view), and wished that the Germans had a more violent religion.
Hmmm, but what happens WHILE people are in heaven that's the problem. We know that you have to be good and cleanse yourself to actually GET THERE. However, giving humans free will allows for negative thoughts and actions to occur. Therefore heaven does not have free will unless you can be sent to hell EVEN after going to heaven. In either case it's not much a nice place as people tend to believe.

As for the Stalin situation, I iterate. His ideologies were very bad and is not representative of all atheists. He is the only atheist extremist I know off. Even so, he supposedly believed in a God of nature of some sorts, so he was a Deist.

Another thing that really ticks me off about religion is its attitude to teaching science. I do not need to elaborate cause most of you should know what I mean
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion