AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 02:45   Link #321
southpawdragon

How far did the anime series go compared to the manga?
southpawdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:56   Link #322
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawdragon View Post
How far did the anime series go compared to the manga?
The anime series reached Pieta battle and then had an original end.
Old 2012-04-06, 03:24   Link #323
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Seeing how 2 of the new "Abyssal Ones" are dead. Hopefully Cassandra the "Dust Eater" will be different and ally herself with Miria.
Cassandra doesn't give a shit about Miria and the whole antiorganization thing

[redundant portion removed]
Old 2012-04-06, 03:39   Link #324
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Finally Raki with Helen and the others ! XD
Old 2012-04-06, 03:45   Link #325
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Cassandra doesn't give a shit about Miria and the whole antiorganization thing

[redundant portion removed]
I hope she does. She lonely and needs a friend
Old 2012-04-06, 04:06   Link #326
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

it was interestingly funny how helen being the only person to immediately recognize raki right off the bat. xD we all know she secretly likes him.

ah! we'll finally see how tall raki really is! seeing how he was towering over that chibi clare lookalike. lol
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:41   Link #327
Blaat

It's been a while since I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter.
Old 2012-04-06, 05:14   Link #328
mrShady

Wow finally the fights are finished.... that took way too long.
Hopefully some story development next month.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 05:20   Link #329
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It's been a while since I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter.
Heh. I just realized it's probably been over two years for me. :/

But, yea, can't wait 'till next month.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 05:25   Link #330
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yeah, I'd like to see the Claymore women's reaction to a more respectable Raki now. Or should I say our 'hero'?

I think I would be rolling around laughing if one of them falls for him or something.
Old 2012-04-06, 05:53   Link #331
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see the Claymore women's reaction to a more respectable Raki now. Or should I say our 'hero'?

I think I would be rolling around laughing if one of them falls for him or something.
they'll fall alright... under the feets of the angry trainees stomping away, in fear of losing their handsome hero to any claymores who have their sights on raki. meh imagination runnin' wild again~ o3o
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 06:00   Link #332
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Wasn't it Helen who suggested Claire keeps Raki around as a sex toy?

I mean, this is not something Yagi has explored really, but in my imagination, Helen is a sexual deviant whose surprised expression in this chapter will quickly turned to daydream fantasies that fuel her 'alone' time. All occurring 'off page', of course.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 06:53   Link #333
Battler-kun

nice, Raki back into the maincasts now!
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:56   Link #334
ronin myael
lost ronin

suddenly, claymore became interesting again! and teresa was even mentioned somewhat. nice! i hope next chapter will give us more developments.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:52   Link #335
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I hope she does. She lonely and needs a friend
Perhaps she can make friends with the giant yoki poo* outside of the holy city. Until the poo* consumes her and uses her yoki as a vessel to escape confinement that is.

Then she can join Roxanne in AB hell and they can enjoy each others company for all eternity , when the rest of use can hopefully enjoy better written characters for the rest of the series (after Cassandra arrives Miata will say "I smell something stinky" mark my words )

Seriously I'm just glad all that Cassandra poo talk is over. Lets recap her story Dae says she's the strongest, The three loser new gen warriors say no she's the weakest, Roxanne says no she's just the most dodgy, Backstory says no she's just been treated meanly, [awakens] now just a single minded ab who love/hates poo*, oh she exited stage left for no clear reason. Amazing character

*sorry but I refuse to say S*** since of how overused it was these last few chapters, so I'm saying poo from now on instead
Old 2012-04-06, 13:08   Link #336
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I wonder if the muttering was intentional though. We see "Priscilla" mutter something and Miria can't hear it, then Cassandra does the same thing and wanders off. It makes me wonder if that projection also influenced her as well, and she didn't leave with purpose so much as wander off in a strange mental state. Still, I doubt we'll see her again. You never know.

Either way...thank god this arc is over. Now we can (hopefully) get back to Clare and the real Priscilla, and all of the loose threads this arc took way too long to build up. The only thing I'm curious about now in regards to the current arc is what Dae, Rubel, and the remnants of the Org will do now that they're sitting on a pile of rubble and depleted of resources.

Also, I wonder if Hysteria was telling the truth about Teresa, or if that was Priscilla's memories blurring with hers.
Old 2012-04-06, 13:37   Link #337
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Wasn't it Helen who suggested Claire keeps Raki around as a sex toy?

I mean, this is not something Yagi has explored really, but in my imagination, Helen is a sexual deviant whose surprised expression in this chapter will quickly turned to daydream fantasies that fuel her 'alone' time. All occurring 'off page', of course.
Who needs Claire when Raki has his own trainee harem now...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:41   Link #338
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I wonder if the muttering was intentional though. We see "Priscilla" mutter something and Miria can't hear it, then Cassandra does the same thing and wanders off. It makes me wonder if that projection also influenced her as well, and she didn't leave with purpose so much as wander off in a strange mental state. Still, I doubt we'll see her again. You never know.

Either way...thank god this arc is over. Now we can (hopefully) get back to Clare and the real Priscilla, and all of the loose threads this arc took way too long to build up. The only thing I'm curious about now in regards to the current arc is what Dae, Rubel, and the remnants of the Org will do now that they're sitting on a pile of rubble and depleted of resources.

Also, I wonder if Hysteria was telling the truth about Teresa, or if that was Priscilla's memories blurring with hers.
QFT

Great point about Priscilla being only able to say "..." in her yoki astroprojection form. I was debating the meaning of that myself but was still dancing thought about it in my head. In either case it seems clear for some reason she wasn't able to communal verbally but I'm wondering if she was able to communicate in some other form, maybe her words weren't even meant for Miria but Cassandra whom might share an empathetic link with Priscilla now. It looked like she was about to attack Miria but what if she was just pointing where to go to Cassandra.

Anyways something to ponder on.

Also you hit the other nail on the head... there's bound to be catching up on each others past next chapter (or soon enough) but what transpires between Dae, Rubel, and/or Miria is the real thing of import. What happens to the org is also important but for the most part they are already out of the picture. Still a cornered animal could lash out and/or give more info on the dragons if Miria questions them about it, in hopes of Miria sparing them.

As to Hysteria I suspect the truth... I see no reason/benefit to lie then and Hysteria's yoki change to Priscilla's had a physical indicator of when it happened, which was after she starting talking about her dying battle.

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-04-06 at 13:52.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:04   Link #339
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hmm, directions? If the new Awakened were made of Priscilla's flesh, could that mean they could be subconsciously compelled to find her? I guess that goes back to the question of how much they were influenced by Priscilla's flesh to begin with though. =\

As for the Org, the way Miria described it this was basically just a test lab on an island. So this might be destroyed but there's no discounting reinforcements or a backup facility somewhere. Although, I'm kind of hoping we don't see anything more from the Org/DoD for now....it's well overdue to resolve the Blob problem.

You're probably right about Hysteria, although that would suggest an extremely small generational gap. We knew Teresa was exceptional and rose through the ranks ridiculously fast, but that's crazy if you think about it. Roxanne and Cassandra were both the same generation, but I think it was after Hysteria's time. It would be nice if Yagi had maybe made the generations a bit easier to put into a time frame.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:21   Link #340
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You're probably right about Hysteria, although that would suggest an extremely small generational gap. We knew Teresa was exceptional and rose through the ranks ridiculously fast, but that's crazy if you think about it. Roxanne and Cassandra were both the same generation, but I think it was after Hysteria's time. It would be nice if Yagi had maybe made the generations a bit easier to put into a time frame.
You mean Cassandra and Roxanne where warriors from before Hysteria's time right, not after? After all since Teresa appeared we've had a clear linage of number ones from the databook listing Alicia as the subsequent number 1 (generations 77 and 78 respectively). Plus it was greatly implied Rosemary shortly became the new number one after Hysteria died, the question is did either number 2 or 3 claim the rank before her and died after or did Hysteria already kill them so #4 Rosemary got the rank for her kill that no one else realized was due to Teresa wounding Hysteria and robbing her of her speed which Rosemary capitalized upon.

Personally I'm assuming Luciela and Raphaela where from after Roxanne and Cassandra's time but before Hysteria's time... since there is just too many plot holes if Luciela was the #1 after Hysteria but not Rosemary since Teresa was already a warrior when she fought Hysteria, so she couldn't be the trainee that meet Raphaela after she was already promoted which we clearly saw was fact. Plus if Luciela was from before Cassandra and Roxanne's time then the org waited far too long looking for the more suitable candidate than was implied after Luciela just awakened... after all how many generations could a massive island with a good sized population go without at least one set of twin girls being born (I highly doubt 2 warrior generation, hell I doubt even a few years).

Next off Roxanne, whom had her memories, didn't seem to realize whom Hysteria was after her technique was revealed greatly implying she died before The Elegant Hysteria became known for her trademark technique. So saying Hysteria came after is a safe bet once again, since clearly if Cassandra and Roxanne where warriors after her they could have only fit in the small time gap beteen Hysteria and Rosemary... in which case Roxanne and Cassandra would have fought Hysteria.

So imho it is:
Isley -> Riful -> unstated generations -> Cassandra -> Roxanne -> unstated generations -> Luciela -> unstated generation(s) or none -> Hysteria (Hysteria being attacked so quickly by the org and with such force for only being near awakening makes sense here since there was already three AOs and the org knew a war would happen if a 4th came about) -> maybe one generation at best or none here -> Rosemary -> Teresa -> Alicia

Edit: Damn Luciela and Raphaela where older than I thought I was always assuming it was Luciela -> Rosemary -> Teresa -> Alicia up until this chapter.

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-04-06 at 14:34.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote