Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-07, 21:14   Link #1
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Mary Bell?

Has anyone actually seen this show and can tell me what it's about? Think the real name is Floral Elf Mary Bell.
Old 2004-09-08, 04:12   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Has anyone actually seen this show and can tell me what it's about? Think the real name is Floral Elf Mary Bell.
The correct English translated name is "Flower Witch Marybell" says Animenfo.com. More Flower Witch Marybell info here.
Old 2004-09-08, 06:47   Link #3
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
The correct English translated name is "Flower Witch Marybell" says Animenfo.com. More Flower Witch Marybell info here.
^_^; no wonder I couldn't find it, thx ^_^
Old 2004-09-08, 17:02   Link #4
Access

Honobono(?) or some group was subbing it a while back, but they didn't know how to get the a/v sync right so the latter 2/3rd of the episode was mostly unwatcheable. Not the most friendly bunch if you had ever tried to help them out, but nonethless these 10 or so episodes should at least give you an idea what the series is about. Cute, fluffy, episodic, mahoushoujo (magical-girl type) series.
Old 2008-04-17, 23:53   Link #5
pekkakun

Hi, I know this is an obsolete thread, but just want to say honobono's releases (TMM, GfW, HCR, FH, SoC, BoD...) are usually more than decent. At the very least, there are no such ridiculous things as AV sync pb (as long as your player is ok). Don't take what Access said seriously, you can check it out yourself (http://honobono.cc).

That said, I wouldn't recommend MB to anyone. It's not for "ordinary" anime fans aka normal otaku, but simply aimed at children, especially girls between 3 to 10 or so. You might like it if you like fairies and similar things. The story is peaceful, innocent, simple, but in other words, not exciting--no real antagonists appear.

Some of the episodes have beautiful moments, but the story goes very slowly. You'd have to watch 30 episodes to get the best part. Some episodes are not really impressive either.

Girls liked it when it was first aired in 1992 and 93; rating was like 10%, sometimes higher than Sailor Moon, and usually higher than Umi Momo and Mama4 (which was another good show), but that's that. Many of "normal" anime fans (except Gekkan OUT people) practically ignored MB, thinking it's just childish, and went for Umi Momo.

@Access
Maybe your player got some kind of accidental problem on your side. I'd recommend MPC and ffdshow if you're on Windows.
Closed Thread