AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 40 Rating
Perfect 10 10 34.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 44.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-18, 05:17   Link #41
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
ummm no...
the reason why is because America is stupid... i never understood why they did that for FMA...but i realized after that show they never did that again... like when they aired Eureka 7 they showed all the opens and closings. japan isnt going to leave its viewers hanging like that so what you see is what you get...well from my experiences at least
I think they could have done it for running time, but I am not sure. Some anime ops tend to run long and AS had other shows to run. Beyond that I am not sure why.
Old 2009-01-18, 08:29   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Highlight of the episode was easily the joke around conversation between Shinigami, Spirit and Medusa. I haven't laughed that hard at this show in quite a while, so it's good to see the gold humor i loved from this show returned like that. Bloomers are, and forever will be adorable.

I'm with everyone else who's mentioned how the image of Asura has been destroyed, though in these type of partnerships, the insanely strong one that's being kept as a pet will kill the master. Well see how it plays out. Still a bit confused on how they plan to handle Arachne, all her men and Asura at the same time.

Going by the preview, looks like most of next episode will be set in the mind of Stein. Oh lord, we're in for a treat.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:36   Link #43
crescent_essence
The Best of the Best.

Send a message via MSN to crescent_essence
Hi everyone; I'm new here, so I have a question about this thing that really confuses me:

Question: Why is the Black blood so special? Is it Asura's Blood? Where does it come from?

#2: Why is it that when someone's weapon eats human souls, THEY themselves begin to become kishin?

#3: The Demon tools, like BREW, etc, ...where did they come from?
Old 2009-01-18, 11:34   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You're asking questions in the wrong thread. Try the Q&A thread.
Old 2009-01-18, 12:16   Link #45
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent_essence View Post
Hi everyone; I'm new here, so I have a question about this thing that really confuses me:

Question: Why is the Black blood so special? Is it Asura's Blood? Where does it come from?

#2: Why is it that when someone's weapon eats human souls, THEY themselves begin to become kishin?

#3: The Demon tools, like BREW, etc, ...where did they come from?
#1: Medusa made it to do what it does. There's no indication that she based it off of anything at all, so she likely made it from scratch with magic (with the intent of reviving the Kisshin).

#2: Good question.

#3: Eibon made them. Maybe some of them were made by someone else, but all the important ones are made by Eibon. I'm not really sure how you could have missed that, since pretty much all they talk about when describing Brew is Eibon.
Old 2009-01-18, 14:25   Link #46
Maikeru-
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-18, 15:25   Link #47
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent_essence View Post
Asura is the first and only Kishin--he ate his weapon which in turn led him to eating souls. Crona was in a similar position in that Ragnarok is a part of her. And Masamune was obviously a weapon.

The others we've seen weren't on the Kishin path in the manga.
Old 2009-01-18, 20:21   Link #48
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Come to think of it, Medusa's gamble really doesn't make any sense at all in the anime. If all she wants them to do is fight, she could just tell them the location and not surrender in the first place (no risk). And if it's part of her plan, give them Brew too. The only thing she achieved was psychological (demoralizing them by being forced to release their enemy; also announcing that she's still alive). Which is kinda cool in its own way, but we'll have to see where they're going with that.

In other news, for some reason they changed the nameplate on her prison cell from the manga. In the manga it said "Medusa Gorgon" and in the anime it says "Witch Medousa."
I think her real reason was to recruit Stein, she says so herself and her showing up was the tipping point for him. She also made Shinigami promise not to pursue their group, but who knows if she actually believes that will happen(and they didn't even know she was alive before so it's hardly an improvement).
Old 2009-01-18, 23:19   Link #49
carcanclaw
Kitty?

I just re-watched the episode with subs and I noticed that one of the torture devices in the interrogation room scene was a dirty sock! XD

I love the subtle jokes in this show.
Old 2009-01-19, 01:40   Link #50
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Highlight of the episode was easily the joke around conversation between Shinigami, Spirit and Medusa. I haven't laughed that hard at this show in quite a while, so it's good to see the gold humor i loved from this show returned like that. Bloomers are, and forever will be adorable.

I'm with everyone else who's mentioned how the image of Asura has been destroyed, though in these type of partnerships, the insanely strong one that's being kept as a pet will kill the master. Well see how it plays out. Still a bit confused on how they plan to handle Arachne, all her men and Asura at the same time.
It might end on a cliffhanger with the villains winning.
Old 2009-01-19, 09:29   Link #51
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn i knew this was going to happen eventually Stein would end up missing. Medusa's tactics are pretty much flawless and everything seems to be going her way AGAIN. Acrane's plan is in full bloom and i found the scene with her holding the kinshin in her lap creepy as all hell. To me Shibusen does not seem to be doing so well they are lagging behind but im sure Shinigami has got something up his sleeve. Imo everyone needs to start training again for the upcoming battle's because they are going to be tough and probably a lot more frequent with the insanity machine pumping out crazy vibes. For some reason i get the feeling everyone is going to lose if the kishin goes berserk the new ending seems to suggest this but we all know OP's and ED's are misleading.

Omg i laughed my ass off during the skit with Spirit, Medusa and Shinigami the sad thing is they act like this all the time its the normal behavior. No wonder Medusa got pissed she had to endure it once before and this time shes stuck in that pint sized body. When Shinigami kept picking her up and Spirit started talking about panties i couldnt take it i had to pause it.

The new ED is just hardcore i love it and they even added the other 3 top students into the ed. Besides right now only those 6 have a hells chance in surviving an attack by arachnophobia.
Old 2009-01-19, 09:51   Link #52
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Arachne is probably already aware that the Kinshin will turn on her(Assuming he does). She plans things out in advance. Like Brew for example, Arachne thought she'd loose Brew so she bluffed her way into a position of power. If not for Medusa Shibusen would have still assumed Arachnaphobia held Brew. It's just that she's rarely shown outside of the current anime arc so we only know bits about her as a character. That and she shows little range of emotions unlike Medusa who has shown degrees of emotion from arrogance to shock.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:17   Link #53
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 40 :

Wow wow wow , Funny Episode And Great Too !!! Ahah when Stein was front of the door where is Medusa , look his behavior LMAO ! And Funny moments with Medusa , Maka's father and Shinigami !!! Old Panties XD , well Medusa was cute .
But wtf , i thought Kishin , was the evil boss badass killer , but its turn like a poor son with Arachne ....
Yeah , the New Ed Rocks , and its Abingdon Boys School YEAH , they rocks !Op 2 and Ed 3 are the best .
Old 2009-02-10, 15:48   Link #54
lmd_84

Just watched 40. Now it's clearer to me why Kid and Maka reacted the way that they did in following episodes.

I was pleased to see Medusa actually sweating before Spirit arrived with Shinigami's decision. She had the tactics, had made her point, but still couldn't count on things going her way.

It says something about what and who she's dealing with and what she's willing to sacrifice to get her way: Shinigami could either have agree to the "transaction" or he could have "disposed" of her, it was that simple.

I expected her to be able to get on Spirit's nerves; he's never coped well with Medusa, but found it interesting that her little girl thing didn't get to him in the same way it did in the manga (where it was another show of Medusa's ability to manipulate people's emotional sides).

In the scheme of things, I think Shinigami made the right decision: he appears to have a pretty fair grasp of what Medusa intends to do with her freedom (and, as it happened, was quite right for now: she is watching from afar as Shibusen and Arachnaphobia clash).

Not entirely sure why this didn't get through to the kids (okay, Maka and Kid being the main opponents to this deal) even when they knew the details. Am I just missing something to think that it's pretty obvious that, for the time being, destroying the insanity-enhancing (?) machine is more important than the machinations of Medusa.

All-in-all very entertaining episode with a nice view on the characters it used and the on-going story.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:27   Link #55
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post

Not entirely sure why this didn't get through to the kids (okay, Maka and Kid being the main opponents to this deal) even when they knew the details. Am I just missing something to think that it's pretty obvious that, for the time being, destroying the insanity-enhancing (?) machine is more important than the machinations of Medusa.

All-in-all very entertaining episode with a nice view on the characters it used and the on-going story.
Did they know the details of Medusa's deal? From the last part of this episode, it looked like they couldn't even make a guess.
Closed Thread