AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 12:11   Link #21
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Been checking out info throughout the morning, over a myriad of sources, and so far I'm quite liking what I see.

The character customization is pretty insane, and I'm very happy they seem to be tending to important issues such as breast size and perkiness. We can't have a good character creator these days without such important matters!

Honestly though, there's a ton of options, including tattoos and scars and what else. The sliders are very in-depht and allow for you to make your character look as unique as I can imagine them, so in that regard it gets a huge thumbs up. It seems as if you can pick from three races and three classes, the classic Hunter, Ranger and Force classes making a return, as well as the Newman, Human and CASTs. The "news" for PSO players are what seem to be the FOcasts, a fusion of Forces and CASTs, which might be pretty entertaining. The female one in particular looks really cute, I'm tempted to have one myself, haha.

As for the gameplay, it seems like they're getting rid of the concept of "Character Level", and instead each character will have a "Class Level". Which means, I suppose, you'll be able to have a Force level 100, but then you might change to a Ranger on the same character and have it go back to level 1. It's nice because it allows you to fill three different roles on the same character, without having to occupy more slots with same races/different classes. There's also a "Multi Partying System", which there doesn't seem to be a lot of details about yet, but the gameplay bits showed up to 12 people on a single room. It'd be very neat if three parties got together in the same game but had different ways to reach a centered room, where their combined efforts would be necessary to beat the boss of a certain mission.

While we're at it, the monsters seem to be really well done. That Rock Bear has some grappling trick which seems to do a TON of damage, and adds a nice variety to the usually lacking AI in Phantasy Star games. PSO had the "attack everything, always aggro" variant, which I actually prefer to PSU's mostly "I'm gonna walk around doing nothing much" AI. Here it seems like each monster has its own quirks, so I guess it might actually be much, much superior to what we've seen from the series up til now.

All in all, I'm really hyped for the game. Alpha Beta seems to be scheduled for August, and from what I understood from the briefing they're going to hold a Closed Beta sometime after and also an Open Beta. I don't think they gave out dates for the betas though, so it could take a while yet. Biggest omission so far? No MAGs to be seen. It's not that I'm gonna boycott the game if they don't add them, but even without the stat boosts MAGs were just cute to have around, and a lot of old PSO players have cool memories of their small mechanic partners.
Old 2011-07-26, 12:14   Link #22
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Tbh I may be more excited for this than SW:TOR. I love me some PSO and always have and I'm glad to see they're finally doing a straight up sequel that actually looks pretty damn good.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 07:00   Link #23
Sides

A lot of updates on Phantasy Star Fan Blog, mainly concerning the alpha test.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:32   Link #24
kyouray
2D > 3D

Thanks, very informative blog.
So mags're really confirmed, glad to read this !
I wish I could play the alpha test.
Old 2011-08-18, 17:58   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I am in awe right now.

Old 2011-08-18, 18:14   Link #26
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I am in awe right now.

Wow, that is awesome.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:56   Link #27
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Damnit, it got taken down before I could see it. >_<
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 03:38   Link #28
kyouray
2D > 3D

It looks so PSO-ish ! It's really the real successor to PSO !
Dodge skill may help too much but it's really dynamic and gameplay still keeps PSO spirit. I'm pleased.

Kismet-chan > I sent you a PM.
Old 2011-09-16, 13:00   Link #29
kyouray
2D > 3D

TGS trailer :

So cool. Battles in the city look crazy.
I'm glad to know they removed defense stats on costumes (according to PS Fan blog) since it's a pain to wear ugly clothes in order to have good stats.
Old 2011-12-25, 17:39   Link #30
kyouray
2D > 3D

Sorry for triple post but it has to be posted : PSO2 opening

Wonderful OP. This music : so nostalgic.
Old 2011-12-25, 17:54   Link #31
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Very very awesome, really hope they announce this for the West soon. It's screaming to be on the 360 too, to build on the popularity of PSU.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 04:55   Link #32
Vicious108

There's also a new trailer (23:20 mark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKDH5...layer_embedded

Really hyped for this. I'm sure I'll spend a truckload of hours on the character creation alone.

As for it being announced for the West, I wouldn't put much faith in it happening all that soon, given Sega's history with screwing over overseas audiences. If PSO2 comes out in Japan (in 2012 presumably) without a confirmation for a western release still, I'm considering just importing the Japanese version then.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 05:19   Link #33
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Sega isn't that bad, there's really no reason to suggest the West won't get it fairly soon after the JP release. Phantasy Star Universe was like 2 months wait. The Portables and Zero were 6ish (?) months I think, but they really aren't to be compared to a project on this scale.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:41   Link #34
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I honestly can't wait for this game, even though we're prolly at least a year away from release in the US. I hated Sega for awhile but with Sonic Generations, Valkyria Chronicles, and even Bayonetta, they're back in my good graces as long as they don't screw me on PSO2.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 17:37   Link #35
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
There's also a new trailer (23:20 mark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKDH5...layer_embedded

Really hyped for this. I'm sure I'll spend a truckload of hours on the character creation alone.

As for it being announced for the West, I wouldn't put much faith in it happening all that soon, given Sega's history with screwing over overseas audiences. If PSO2 comes out in Japan (in 2012 presumably) without a confirmation for a western release still, I'm considering just importing the Japanese version then.
Nice !
Yeah character creation will sure take a lot of time
I'm not sure it will be so easy to play with a japanese version if they create online servers dedicated to japanese people only.... and if they release the game overseas I hope they won't separate servers like they did for PSU. I don't precisely know since I didn't buy PSU (I was too disappointed when I tried it) but Sega of America had no power over hacking & cheating and had to rely on Sega of Japan to help them out...
However like Darkbeat I'm confident about overseas release.
Old 2012-03-09, 17:08   Link #36
Sides

For people who still haven't heard yet. The game is going portable, yes for the vita! But don't expect it to be released this year. Read more on andriasang.com.
Personally I prefer PSO(2) over its more successful clone monhun ^^. The game is still really early in the development phase, so it has not been confirmed yet, if it will be free or subscription based.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-03-10 at 02:36.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 00:11   Link #37
kyouray
2D > 3D

I guess it's because of Phantasy Star Portable's popularity. It could have been great if 3G was used to play online. I wasn't planning to buy a Vita but ...
Quote:
Also, your character can be played on both systems. For this reason, the Vita version will be an online exclusive game, and its play data will be saved on the servers.
Oh sh- I need to buy both versions
Old 2012-03-26, 01:08   Link #38
ZODDGUTS

PSO2 is F2P. Summer (JP) Release

Big news.

Quote:
The big change from past PSO games as far as pricing goes is that PSO2 will be free-to download and play. It will use an item transaction system, meaning you'll need to pay for some items.

PC and Vita owners won't have the game all to themselves. Sega announced a smartphone version, which will be released on iOS and Android.

The smartphone version will be different from the PC and Vita version. The PC and Vita versions offer cross platform play. The smartphone version will just share data with the two versions
There will also be a Smartphone version for both iOS and Android.

Quote:
Sega also says that the smartphone version will offer simpler character creation, and a simpler control experience, complete with social game elements. Sega says to expect a more "personal" and "simple" experience compared to the other two versions.

The PC version of PSO2 will be arriving first (as previously promised), with service planned to begin in early summer. The smartphone version will come next, in Winter 2012. The Vita version is due in Spring 2013.

Souce: http://andriasang.com/con0dx/pso2_detailed/

PSO2~ Beta Test Briefing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehrVN...ature=youtu.be

With this being F2P this may increase the chance of being brought over to the U.S. on Steam.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 13:09   Link #39
kyouray
2D > 3D

A new computer, Vita and now a Smartphone, that's sure expensive
I'm not sure if free to play is really good news... but it will at least bring more players. I hope this game will be a success.
Cash Shop will probably sell fanservice items like clothes, rooms items or special mag (like Megadrive mag or ChuChu in PSO1) but I hope it won't affect much weapons.
Still no news about overseas version... maybe they will include english language as they did in the japanese version of PSO1.

A Character Creation Demo is scheduled on April 5 but it may be only for closed beta players... I hope not since we could gain a lot of time before the release
Old 2012-05-23, 04:58   Link #40
Samari
World's Greatest

I was planning on getting a PS Vita, and just looking at some of the graphics from this game, it seems like something I'd like to invest some time in. But of course, since I'm in America I'd have to wait and see if they decide to make a US version. I'm hoping they do. I think a lot of people would play it. Especially if the online service is free.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc-windows