AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-12, 21:44   Link #1
Zdrok

Looking for badass hero anime

after seeing 2 sad, rip your heart out animes, im in the mood for someone being kick ass. not just automatically killing everyone godly, but transformation godliness. looking for a relativley short anime. last time i saw an anime that was really like this was bleach. Edit: forgot to mention, no robots please.

Last edited by Zdrok; 2006-06-12 at 22:03.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:02   Link #2
jedinat

Huh... not sure I know any anime like that. Maybe Devilman Lady? It gets kinda sad towards the end, though...
If you're just looking for a hero that kicks ass, I'd say Trigun... I mean he is like always the best. You know, the whole bad guy gets cocky thing, and then totally wasted by Vash. But he doesn't like to kill people... and no transformation.

~
Ah! I forgot Hellsing. Alucard is awesome.

~~
And Witchblade! lol. That's like exactly what you're asking for. Oh, but there are some robots... but they are the baddies, the main girl isn't a robot.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:15   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Flame of Recca(since you are looking for a short anime..Yu Yu Hakusho would be a longer version of this show if you've seen it)

Mezzo ( the lead is a bada$$ female...really a fun detective show that gets serious and bloody at times too...lots of action, sexual frustration, mystery and just 13-eps)

Black Lagoon (another action packed series with a female lead who stars as the bada$$ character....only 12 eps I hear)

Ergo Proxy (The main character transforms into a bada$$ creature and doesn't seem to know why or how...Otherwise a very challenging series that's extremely dark...so far 15 eps are out it's a 24 ep anime)...

Tenjo Tenge (The main character is a bada$$ who has the ability to transform into this awesome fighter because of his bloodline...the series starts off great, but kinda becomes a chore when they toggle the series between the main cast and the old cast...But it does have alot of cool fighting, lots of bada$$ characters, fanservice, and I definatley suggest watching the OVA's if you just want some quick eye-candy and fighting)...

Samurai Deeper Kyo (Not as awesome as Bleach when it comes to action, but the lead is a bada$$ and lots of good Samurai fights, dark magic, and swordplay...The main character also transforms between his good side and his bad side...The funny thing is his good side may be worst and more powerful...)

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy bebop (obviously if you haven't seen any of them as their lead characters are both a$$holes with bad attitudes and can duke it out with anyone, I'd say Inuyasha also fits this mold loosley and he can transform early on in the show when he doesn't have his sword)

Hope that helps a bit...
Old 2006-06-12, 22:33   Link #4
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Black Lagoon (another action packed series with a female lead who stars as the bada$$ character....only 12 eps I hear)
I agree with this suggestion.

Quote:
Ergo Proxy (The main character transforms into a bada$$ creature and doesn't seem to know why or how...Otherwise a very challenging series that's extremely dark...so far 15 eps are out it's a 24 ep anime)...
There are 14 RAW episodes out, and 11 subbed episodes. There are also only 23 episodes, not 24. I'm just making that clear. Watch this show, IMO, if you can stand horrible character design and animation for the most part of the first part of the show - but you'll be heavily rewarded with cool-as-ice and smooth-as-glass animation for 13 and 14. There are also no cross eyes for these episodes.

It's quite boring sometimes, and it also has sentai transformations. It also boggles the mind and is quite pretentious sometimes. Just watch Black Lagoon, IMO.

Quote:
Tenjo Tenge (The main character is a bada$$ who has the ability to transform into this awesome fighter because of his bloodline...the series starts off great, but kinda becomes a chore when they toggle the series between the main cast and the old cast...But it does have alot of cool fighting, lots of bada$$ characters, fanservice, and I definatley suggest watching the OVA's if you just want some quick eye-candy and fighting)...
There's a very huge void of story here - it's not for those seeking a balance between brains and action, that's IMO, of course.

Quote:
Samurai Champloo and Cowboy bebop (obviously if you haven't seen any of them as their lead characters are both a$$holes with bad attitudes and can duke it out with anyone, I'd say Inuyasha also fits this mold loosley and he can transform early on in the show when he doesn't have his sword)
I never thought Jin was an asshole. Ever. Spike can be for about a quarter of the time, but it's thoroughly acceptable why he's like that - he doesn't care because he doesn't want to get hurt anymore. Yet they both have set minds and do what they need to do. These series are also directed (very well, I must add) by Shinichiro Watanabe - who paints the spectrum of human nature very colorfully.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:45   Link #5
Aeris DJ
エルフ

I suggest for a badass Berserk, just watch that guy swing his gigantic two-handed sword and slice everyone he meets in front of him. Sure, he doesn't "transform" into a big creature, but he already can be considered a monster himself without any transformation. But I warn you, you'll be puzzled by the ending, you won't get it unless you keep reading the manga. This one spans 25 episodes, I think it can enter in a "relatively short anime" category. I agree w/the Hellsing suggestion (Alucard rocks!), and it's only 13 eps (this one transforms not godly, but devilish). About Samurai Deeper Kyo, at first I thought the guy was really a wimp, but he isn't (won't say more for I don't wanna spoil things). This one is 26 eps. And no robots in any of these series.
Old 2006-06-12, 23:03   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics
I never thought Jin was an asshole. Ever. Spike can be for about a quarter of the time, but it's thoroughly acceptable why he's like that - he doesn't care because he doesn't want to get hurt anymore. Yet they both have set minds and do what they need to do. These series are also directed (very well, I must add) by Shinichiro Watanabe - who paints the spectrum of human nature very colorfully.
Ya know you don't have to take every word I say at face -value...I just meant Mugen and Spike are pretty much a$$holes most the time and bada$$ess...Jin definatley gets duel-billing but the show really examines Mugen more indepthly and his actions drive the show more so I consider him the top male character...
Old 2006-06-12, 23:14   Link #7
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

We're bound to disagree at that, because I think Jin's the main character. For one, I don't think Jin's an asshole because primarily, he has a good heart. Second, all those things about him to mar his name were lies, and third - he really does care about Fuu. Before they separated, it was Fuu who talked to him about their nearing separation with one another - oh, and he was the one who's improved the most - he discovered what it means to have friends and to be one.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Old 2006-06-13, 04:05   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdrok
not just automatically killing everyone godly, but transformation godliness.
Awww... I was gonna suggest hokuto no ken... check it out anyways.
Old 2006-06-14, 05:58   Link #9
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you should watch the ova kyo kara ore wa. its great.

and no matter what you say Domon in G-Gundam is the baddest there ever was and ever will be.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-06-14 at 06:17.
Old 2006-06-15, 00:31   Link #10
Kingpincollector

Check out Gungrave.
Old 2006-06-16, 21:21   Link #11
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Black Jack and Captain Harlock are the badasses to end all badasses. They are classic.
Old 2006-06-16, 22:22   Link #12
syntex
Error 641

gunxsword is another good one especially the animations and the art style
Old 2006-06-17, 01:31   Link #13
Nameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
Captain Harlock
YES. THREAD OVER. WIN.

Captain Harlock ROCKS.
Old 2006-06-17, 02:31   Link #14
jedinat

I just started watching Captain Herlock - The Endless Odyssey... First he punches a kid who's father just died, and then shoots a guy through the head after making sure he had come to arrest him by his own free will. lol, I haven't seen much of him yet, but he's pretty badass.
Old 2006-06-17, 02:49   Link #15
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

LOL at the description. But that's not badass, that's EVUL xD ... j/k (no, that isn't a typo. it's a higher level of EVIL)
Old 2006-06-17, 03:01   Link #16
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
First he punches a kid who's father just died, and then shoots a guy through the head after making sure he had come to arrest him by his own free will.
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. D:

That show sounds so incredibly stupid that I've got to watch it some day.
Old 2006-06-17, 03:04   Link #17
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Now that you've said it, I think it's really funny too! LOL.
Old 2006-06-17, 03:13   Link #18
jedinat

lol, I actually made it sound a bit worse than it really is.
Old 2006-06-17, 03:26   Link #19
Retsoor

>> But that's not badass, that's EVUL xD

You're just challenged in the ways of Man! Harlock doesn't approve of dilly-dallying, grab your crotch and wade on!

I see no one has mentioned Scryed yet. It has robots, but no mecha (barring one episode), so you might want to consider it. Scryed is one of the few shounen shows where I found the dialogue to be worthwhile and the only such show where the main was my favourite. Kazuma is the epitome of badass.
Old 2006-06-17, 03:28   Link #20
tritoch

Lets not forget Shadow Skill TV

That show kicks major major ass.
Closed Thread