2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-18, 02:40   Link #261
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Got to love bittersweet endings! This is great anime with a memorable ending, however the ending where you hear Mamiko Noto voicing Bedivere made it a little akward. She just doesn't sound right trying to voice for a guy.
I knew it was the voice of Yakumo and Nina... I was pretty surprised when I heard it.

I thought the ending was okay. Still mad about Lancer being interpreted as a (relatively) small fry, but I'll get over it. I don't like how Shirou and Saber had to be separated; I like happy endings. Also kind of surprised that they didn't explore Archer's past more. Guess they want you to play the game. Sadly, I can't do that until I learn Japanese .
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 02:51   Link #262
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Is Tohko a true Magician? I thought she was "just" an insanely powerful magus. But power has little to do with the ability to use one of the Magics...

Quote:
The other two True Magicians are either dead or long gone. By that I mean, these are the magicians who can use the five magics.
Can anybody use all five Magics?!

Oh, and the ending was awesome. Not even Sir Yakumo could ruin it. 9 for the episode (I was expecting Kirei to do something cool...)
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 02:53   Link #263
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
Is Tohko a true Magician? I thought she was "just" an insanely powerful magus. But power has little to do with the ability to use one of the Magics...

Nope.

One for each of the five magics.

The Second is Zeltrech's, the Fourth's is Aoko's. The Third, I think, is Justica von Einzbern's, but that's just my guess. The First and the Fourth are long gone, or dead, but I think they still count even if their identities are unknown.
Old 2006-06-18, 03:02   Link #264
kamikazex

damn least rin's still ok lol
she looked pretty screwd up and the next day perfect condition gotta love anime world haha
hope they make ovas
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 03:11   Link #265
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
i don't understand whyy people think it was such a bad ending...... i thought it was sad but reasonable ending..... well i had a little bit of tears in the Saber ending =P not trying to hide anything =P
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 03:15   Link #266
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

Oh, and the ending was awesome. Not even Sir Yakumo could ruin it. 9 for the episode (I was expecting Kirei to do something cool...)
That;s why I want to know, because this is purely speculation from me. Maybe more TYPEMOON expert can enlighten me about this.
Old 2006-06-18, 03:39   Link #267
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Touko doesn't wield magic, but she is a very very good mage

On the other hand, Aoko wields magic, but is not so good at sorcery. She's one track minded. She can only use her magic for one thing. Kinda like Shirou, I guess.

the difference?

think of magic as in literally.. magic.. every other mage try to figure out how to replicate it until their hair turns grey, but no success

while sorcery is something that can be studied and learned by anyone. It's equivalent to another form of science.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 03:51   Link #268
kamikazex

if only that was true in reality..i want magiccc
Old 2006-06-18, 04:07   Link #269
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
That;s why I want to know, because this is purely speculation from me. Maybe more TYPEMOON expert can enlighten me about this.
I'm no Type-Moon expert. I got it all from here.

A knowledgeable guy that posts in the Beast's Lair forum made that wiki, and it rules. It isn't meant to be an exhaustive guide, but it clears many ideas that are commonly misunderstood.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 04:52   Link #270
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja
I wouldn't mind watching some sort of followup series not even based on the other scenarios from the game.

Just a series or several OVAs exploring what happens after episode 24 after choosing a possible ending.

Contains spoilers about the ending of Fate/Stay Night.

Spoiler:

I really like those suggestions you made especially number 2 and 4 it would be nice
number two reminds me of full metal panic fumoffu lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 04:57   Link #271
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I'm no Type-Moon expert. I got it all from here.

A knowledgeable guy that posts in the Beast's Lair forum made that wiki, and it rules. It isn't meant to be an exhaustive guide, but it clears many ideas that are commonly misunderstood.
Not a Type Moon expert here, as well. Yeah, arai owns that wiki, IIRC, and it's pretty knowledgeable. Of course, it's not a stand-alone source of info, so I mix it up with The Moonlit World and some others more.

Regarding this ending episode, bad CG strikes again! Not that it's very noticeable, but the whole tentacles behind Kotomine aren't that smoothly CG-fied. I'm just nitpicking, of course.

Here's wishing for Fate/Stay Night remake: UBW! XD;
Old 2006-06-18, 05:43   Link #272
kamikazex

yeah UBW remake would be nice lol
Old 2006-06-18, 06:02   Link #273
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter
Like I said, I agree that I think Saber died, but I also do not oppose those who thinks she's just sleeping in Avalon waiting for Shirou/Rin/Barney the Dinosaur to wake her up. I can see where they draw the conclusion from, and it can be as valid as the former reasoning for the conclusion. I just think it's silly for people to say this is the right ending, period, when it is obvious the ending can be construed with another interpretation.

Overall, I'd give FSN an 8. If the anime is going to combine 3 scenarios into 1, they better be able to touch all bases rather than just giving glimpses of each scenario's uniqueness. It makes it a sloppy anime. When the anime was on track in the Fate scenario, it was a trend for the forum-goers to give higher ratings on the threads for each episode (namely the earlier ones and ep 14). Fortunately, FSN gave a good ending and wrapped up the series well despite the many loopholes during the series. I don't "hate" the anime like some of the others for Studio DEEN to drop the ball, but rather disappointed because the show really did have a high potential and become a definitive "classic" for years to come.
In regards to Saber's fate I have the same view as andiyar. No matter which details you keep/reject, you end up with basically the same conclusion: Saber's not of her world anymore.

I have to say that I'm a tad more harsh than you, so I'll give the series as a whole a 7. It suffers from a huge amount of inconsistency, from ideas (let's not show that they have sex and go with a "circuit-eating dragon", then later on imply that they indeed have sex), to animation quality, to pacing. The series felt like being in a car driven by someone who constantly knee-jerks on the accelerator and the brakes. Most agree on which episodes were good, great, and bad. As much as I like the story, I can't bring myself to re-watch it marathon style like I would on other great series like FMP:TSR or Ouran, but good enough to check certain parts of it repeatedly (oh how many times have I replayed the farewell and Saber's final slumber. Goddamn glad we're in the digital age and not to have to worry about VHS tape wear-and-tear).

That ending though. Wow.

I agree that they dropped the ball on this one, because the story itself deserves a 10, if not an 11 in my book. It truely is an amazing story and (corny speech incomming) finding/watching/reading such great stories is what makes me happy to be an anime buff. I mentioned earlier that it's a tad sad that there are no other Type-Moon franchise to look forward to (are they working on anything new??).
Old 2006-06-18, 06:12   Link #274
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The ending itself was really nice. Very nice touch with the wind. Although I donīt really understand why the female teacher felt it too.

Other than that. I think this show started out great but when Archer disappeared it got more and more boring. Even though it had some very nice episodes after that too.

The only thing I absolutely didnīt like was the relationship between Emiya and Saber.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:21   Link #275
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I mentioned earlier that it's a tad sad that there are no other Type-Moon franchise to look forward to (are they working on anything new??).
So you've read up on Angel Notes, or DDD, or Kara no Kyoukai already?
Old 2006-06-18, 06:22   Link #276
DwArD
mAnIaC

You know, I was sort of hoping for a OVA or something where Saber will reappear again and we'll get to see Shirou using his UBW and all....Don't get me wrong though. I love the ending. What Shirou was thinking in the end was exactly what I'm thinking. Though Saber may not be alive now, though both Saber and Shirou were separated by time, their heart will always be linked as long as they still love each other. And even though Saber interpret the whole ordeal as a dream, the feelings she felt for Shirou will never be a dream. As much as I want to see Saber and Shirou stayed with each other, I'll still prefer this ending over the latter.
Old 2006-06-18, 06:36   Link #277
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
So you've read up on Angel Notes, or DDD, or Kara no Kyoukai already?
Never heard about those. I was just wondering, because their home page is 95% FSN and 5% Tsukihime. I can find Kara no Kyoukai but have no idea on what Angel Notes or DDD are.

Also, are those titles Big/Complex/Popular enough to generate a whole series? And are any of them post FSN? I don't see why they would animate something older...
Old 2006-06-18, 06:40   Link #278
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Never heard about those. I was just wondering, because their home page is 95% FSN and 5% Tsukihime. I can find Kara no Kyoukai but have no idea on what Angel Notes or DDD are.

Also, are those titles Big/Complex/Popular enough to generate a whole series? And are any of them post FSN? I don't see why they would animate something older...
Here is DDD.

Here is Kara no Kyokai.

Angel Notes are in Beast's Lair if you're interested.

Those are mostly set in Nasuverse, but are not continuations of Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night. They have the same concepts and ideas since they occur in the same universe.

Really, the beauty of Nasuverse aren't just Tsukihime or Fate, but how Nasu spins stories about the world he's created.
Old 2006-06-18, 06:47   Link #279
Decel

Thanks for the references. I'll eventually get to read those stories (I hope).

However I don't think they're big enough to spur a franchise and/or get animated. Hope I'm wrong though.
Old 2006-06-18, 08:07   Link #280
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

To those that say Saber died: how does that remotely make sense? Was she fatally wounded? No. Did she have some sort of fatal disease? No. What reason does she have to just die? Plotwise I can see this making some form of sense, but logical sense? Absolutely not. Bedivere had that reaction because she's going to be sleeping far beyond his (her?) time.